• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Tell you what-I'll post the link so those without willpower don't have to click!

38964-spoilers-gif-doctor-who-UpJf.gif

HeySeuss

Dammit I wish I hadn't looked at that possible spoiler. I would've lost my mind seeing that without any idea beforehand.

Now I'll be disappointed if it isn't true.

Cth

As cool as it sounds, that has actually happened in a comic before.

So, I'm not as quick to believe it unfortunately.

I mean, it makes sense, but since it's exactly what happened in a comic, I'm not as inclined to take it at face value.

I'll see if I can dig up the issue it's in.

Cth

Ok, found the comic in question.

Which could give it more credibility.

The author of said comic being heavily involved in the MCU and chances are said issue could have been put in front of Whedon.

Avengers Assemble #6

Scans forthcoming.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
meh Brasil is getting like one or two days before.

Europe will have nearly a month ahead

I wonder if Agents of Shield will inadvertently spoil something, but I doubt it.
When is Europe getting it exactly? Release date is April 23 for Brazil.

J10

Banned
Ok, found the comic in question.

Which could give it more credibility.

The author of said comic being heavily involved in the MCU and chances are said issue could have been put in front of Whedon.

Avengers Assemble #6

Scans forthcoming.

Don't embed scans analogous to something clearly marked as a spoiler.

styl3s

meh Brasil is getting like one or two days before.

Europe will have nearly a month ahead

I wonder if Agents of Shield will inadvertently spoil something, but I doubt it.
Do/did the writers of Agents know the outcome of Avengers 2 prior to writing S2 last year? If not we won't see any aftermath till Season 3 and that's even if we get a Season 3 which wouldn't air til September.

curb

Banned
Do/did the writers of Agents know the outcome of Avengers 2 prior to writing S2 last year? If not we won't see any aftermath till Season 3 and that's even if we get a Season 3 which wouldn't air til September.

They knew about Winter Soldier far enough in advance for it to factor in to season one. I don't see this as much different since the script for AoU was likely done quite a while ago.

Edit: I believe the show runners said there would be some connections to AoU but hinted that they wouldn't be as profound as what TWS did to the show.

Beyond further exploration of that conflict, AoU needs to show Hulk getting neutralized/dominated pretty early on. The Hulk was such a total trump card in the Avengers climax that for basic narrative purposes it's important to demonstrate that that is no longer the case.

This is something I have been saying for a long time. The quickest way to legitimize Ultron (or eventually Thanos) is to just have him curb stomp Hulk or shut him down really, really quickly. Maybe do the whole set up of them trying to get Hulk to Ultron, and we finally get the moment of Hulk unleashed on him, and the audience goes nuts thinking this is gonna be awesome.
Then Ultron just pimp slaps Hulk a few times, looks at the rest of the heroes and asks when they are going to pose a real threat to him. That would be a real quick way to establish that you do not fuck with Ultron.

Or maybe Ultron hits Hulk with a beam that makes him revert to Banner, then casually tosses him aside like a rag doll. Then we get to hear Spader go, "Bitch, please. You didn't think I was ready for that shit?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom