• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with the red in the Hulk poster? Only just noticed that. Flames are red instead of orange, logo is different too.

Edit: Nvm, probably just edited. Original:

10362946_863779667011785_1378748982025976429_n.jpg

I just noticed the hair on Hulk's finger. Awesome detail.

Had to remove Pepper since her actress supposedly wants out & changed Rhodey since all signs point to him being War Machine again. Of course, you also forgot...

- Vision
- Winter Soldier
/Potential Captain America Successor
- Daredevil
- Iron Fist
- Luke Cage
- Jessica Jones
- Mockingbird
- Quake
- Phil Coulson
- Maria Hill
- Any Other SHIELD Agents
- (Most Likely) Adam Warlock
- Any Other New GotG Members (Most Likely Mantis & Cosmo; Potentially Phyla-Vell, Moondragon, Major Victory, etc.)
- (Maybe) Black Bolt
- (Maybe) Medusa
- (Maybe) Anyone Else From the MCU Inhuman Royal Family

"Quake".
I slapped my forehead.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
More from Hemsworth:

Q: Thor 2 ended with Loki on the throne of Asgard, and obviously Thor doesn’t know about it. How much connection does he still have with Asgard or is he divorced from it completely in this film?

Hemsworth: He kind of is until the third act. Halfway through [the story] Thor begins to have suspicions about what the bigger picture is here, you know. Who's involved. And he actually doesn't know by the end of it, but he starts to think something’s not right here. [He thinks] 'This is all a little too convenient. 'Why has this happened?' Which you know, certainly points his focus back there [to Asgard].

Age of Ultron is setting the stage for Thor: Ragnarok.

Vision is equal in strength??

Happy to see that Thor will be more humourous compared to Thor 2. Less regal and stuff.

Vision's basically the first new hero Marvel's introducing to the MCU who can step to Thor or Hulk, both of whom totally outclass Iron Man in general strength if not in versatility. In a few years we'll have Dr. Strange and Carol Danvers up there too, and I can't fucking wait. Of course it's less about pure strength because characters all have different abilities, but Vision is indeed a very fucking powerful character.
More from Hemsworth:

Q: Thor 2 ended with Loki on the throne of Asgard, and obviously Thor doesn’t know about it. How much connection does he still have with Asgard or is he divorced from it completely in this film?

Hemsworth: He kind of is until the third act. Halfway through [the story] Thor begins to have suspicions about what the bigger picture is here, you know. Who's involved. And he actually doesn't know by the end of it, but he starts to think something’s not right here. [He thinks] 'This is all a little too convenient. 'Why has this happened?' Which you know, certainly points his focus back there [to Asgard].

Interesting. I strongly suspect that's got to do with
Loki's sceptre - sounds like Loki's trying to make sure Midgard stays sufficiently distracting to keep Thor away from Asgard full-time

Blader

Vision is equal in strength??

Happy to see that Thor will be more humourous compared to Thor 2. Less regal and stuff.

More humorous than Thor 2? Uhh I hope not...Dark World was an endless string of mostly flat jokes. Thor could benefit from a little more weight than levity.

Wait Ant Man is ending Phase 2 or starting Phase 3?

I thought AoU was ending phase 2?

Originally Ultron was the phase 2 finale and Ant-Man was going to kick off Phase 3. But I think when they got Downey to agree for Cap 3 and settled on the Civil War direction, they shifted gears and positioned that movie as the starting point for Phase 3, while Ant-Man will now be more of an epilogue for phase 2.

More humorous than Thor 2? Uhh I hope not...Dark World was an endless string of mostly flat jokes. Thor could benefit from a little more weight than levity.
I think Whedon will be able to hit a good balance. I want see Thor jesting with the rest of The Avengers, but I also want to see those really serious moments, which we undoubtedly will.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
They're really using the same Ultron minions for all these posters. The one that's posed like it's trying to reach out is in every effing poster. What the hell is the budget on Marvel's promo art department?
I don't feel strongly either way with these posters and I wasn't even trying to nitpick when I looked, but yeah, those Ultron clones are glaring lol. I don't even mind the higher quality minion repeats that much, but that copypasted one on top of the buildings looked particularly lazy when I noticed two of them in the Thor poster.

ibuSa46kHfXZv3.png
iAwwoGeetn1ut.png
i525hLGJ7eXbZ.png
ibvMptGwh64ben.png

Lemaitre

Banned
I'm swallowing all of the spoiler tags. I can't resist it.

It's gonna be epic!

Same here. Still way different when you actually see the film in glorious IMAX vs. just reading about it.

Also, tickets should go on sale soon, right? I remember pre-ordering Interstellar tickets about two months before that film released.

maxcriden

More from Hemsworth:

Ah, man. So is
Loki
in this movie? It's going to end up being
Asgard-centric?
Blegh.

I expect that at some point in the film Thor will call for help from Asgard and it'll mysteriously fail to appear, leading him to realize that something's up.

FeD.nL

I see. Thanks guys. Just was not into that aspect of the first movie, and hoping it's not a significant part of this one.

Well Feige was very adament about Thor: Ragnarok being a very important film for phase 3.

Slight spoilers for Thor: Ragnarok
Since it takes place right after AoU there will probably be quite a bit of setup in the upcoming Avengers

I'm personally very excited for Ragnarok and hopeful we finally get to see Thor in all his glory.

LaNaranja

I expect that at some point in the film Thor will call for help from Asgard and it'll mysteriously fail to appear, leading him to realize that something's up.

The Maximoff kids show him something and he goes looking for answers. Probably Ragnarok or that Loki has taken the throne of Asgard.
At least that is what this clip suggests. I doubt the Asgard stuff will take up more than five minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w75cwgEjnQ4

It's weird. I'm actually not all that hyped for this year's movies, but I am for next year's. I'll still see them in theaters, but Civil War is what I'm really anticipating.

maxcriden

He will definitely have a minor role as his actor is not featured on the poster.

No, that's not going to happen at all. He has about one scene.

Well Feige was very adament about Thor: Ragnarok being a very important film for phase 3.

Slight spoilers for Thor: Ragnarok
Since it takes place right after AoU there will probably be quite a bit of setup in the upcoming Avengers

I'm personally very excited for Ragnarok and hopeful we finally get to see Thor in all his glory.

Excellent. Thank you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom