• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ultimate payoff for watching the MCU, is for me, to see the Guardians meet the Avengers, and for the Defenders to be part of a movie (preferably the Infinity War).

I wouldn't bet on ever seeing more than very brief cameos by TV characters in a film, and possibly not even that. But you never know.

iFirez

How are we all feeling about the Hot Toys Ultron Figure?
aqowIiG.jpg

It gives us a good look at the full design of Ultron, interestingly called 'Ultron Prime'.

Why would you say that?

Because film and TV are mostly separate divisions with different people behind the wheel, different budgets, different production schedules, and differently sized audiences.

Also, the last thing I imagine that Marvel Studios wants is to cultivate the impression that you have to watch entire seasons of TV to "get" a film. Now, that's not something that could emerge overnight as a result of a single film, but the more thoroughly they integrate characters from the comparatively niche TV series into the films, the more they'd risk cultivating that impression and hurting the brand as a consequence.

Based on the LEGO figures, I am waiting
for Ultimate Ultron to show his face soon. Still crossing my fingers for the classic gaping maw face.

I think so as well. I might take some pics of the
Prime and Ultimate Ultron
LEGO figures side by side and post it to show some differences. Even at that size some differences are apparent.
Yep, especially the printing on the actual minifig head. The
Ultimate Ultron minifig head has that resemblance to the red particle looking stuff in the comics.
http://www.writeups.org/img/inset/Ultron-6_h02.jpg

Also, (obviously) the second head accessory is something not present on
Ultron Prime.

Any image of that ultimate minifig you are talking about?
Just took some side by sides for you.
Ultimate is on the left, Prime on the right. I like how the design for Ultimate seems less busy, like there are less moving or exposed parts. Probably easier to make a simpler body out of vibranium :)
The last pic is of the helmet off of Ultimate, showing the glowing reddish center.
http://i.imgur.com/k8TEg2q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uXd50EH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gJQRwHf.jpg

raphier

Banned
huh
Ultimate looks exactly like the Prime in the trailer, While the right figurine just looks like it's been exposed out of the armor, is this then the ULTIMATE ULTRON?

Because film and TV are mostly separate divisions with different people behind the wheel, different budgets, different production schedules, and differently sized audiences.

Also, the last thing I imagine that Marvel Studios wants is to cultivate the impression that you have to watch entire seasons of TV to "get" a film. Now, that's not something that could emerge overnight as a result of a single film, but the more thoroughly they integrate characters from the comparatively niche TV series into the films, the more they'd risk cultivating that impression and hurting the brand as a consequence.

FWIW, Agent Coulson isn't in Avengers 2, basically they already had to juggle so many multiple threads, explaining why he isn't dead was just one to many things to fit in.

I still think they believe in a cohesive universe, but like everything ever, different branches are going to evolve in different ways.

FWIW, Agent Coulson isn't in Avengers 2, basically they already had to juggle so many multiple threads, explaining why he isn't dead was just one to many things to fit in.

I still think they believe in a cohesive universe, but like everything ever, different branches are going to evolve in different ways.

They should address it with a quick guest starring role post-Ultron AoS. RDJ or Renner wants to be on the show.

Neoxon

Yeah, that's absolutely fair. Which will make it all the more special when the Milano comes out of the mist, when Earth's darkest moment comes, blaring Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone".
I actually had a dream about Star-Lord cranking up "Danger Zone" to max volume in a spaceship fight. Did Top Gun come out before 1986?

EDIT: It came out on 1986

DeathyBoy

Banned
I actually had a dream about Star-Lord cranking up "Danger Zone" to max volume in a spaceship fight. Did Top Gun come out before 1986?

EDIT: It came out on 1986

Another One Bites The Dust plays as Thanos uses the extension from his chicken legs to leap into the sky and yell BAKKAW as he smashes through the ships engine.

guek

Banned
My hype is through the roof already. I said I'd stay away but I couldn't. Hopefully I'll be able to refrain from clicking spoilers.

I know there are people who didn't care as much for it but I though Avengers was the bomb.

And now, for no reason, a bunch of avengers fan art.

Avengers-the-avengers-34692987-437-263.gif

large.jpg

tumblr_m73ulcxl1b1ryi65qo1_500.jpg

enhanced-buzz-27540-1337093575-0.jpg

large.png

SA2rI.jpg

Avixph

My hype is through the roof already. I said I'd stay away but I couldn't. Hopefully I'll be able to refrain from clicking spoilers.

I know there are people who didn't care as much for it but I though Avengers was the bomb.

And now, for no reason, a bunch of avengers fan art.

Avengers-the-avengers-34692987-437-263.gif

large.jpg

tumblr_m73ulcxl1b1ryi65qo1_500.jpg

enhanced-buzz-27540-1337093575-0.jpg

large.png

SA2rI.jpg
For some reason I don't like this style of art.

jph139

A general Cabal/Dark Reign plotline following Infinity War would be cool. Replacing Secret Invasion with Thanos or something along those lines.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Then why bother bringing them in?

Thanos is a part of the new Cabal which really isn't the Cabal, the original was a bunch of people Marvel doesn't have rights to , and Namor who was in both the Cabal and Illum so that he could keep tabs on both as the inbetween guy.

Thanos has his own army and space fleet he doesn't need a Cabal that looks over one planet, he doesn't care.

Neoxon

A general Cabal/Dark Reign plotline following Infinity War would be cool. Replacing Secret Invasion with Thanos or something along those lines.
Marvel has the Skrulls, so Secret Invasion is possible. Though if the Super-Skrull rule applies to all of them or just Kl'rt was never specified.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
what is the difference between skrull and super skrull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom