• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how Iron Man was able to take hits from Thor looking at these suits.

Are his suits really that strong? Or is Thor really weak?

They're that strong.

Remember, Iron Man was no selling a tank round and barely got a scratch.

There isn't a metal in existence in the real world that wouldn't be fucked up from a slug from an Abrams tank.

But, comic book metallurgy, I suppose

BLACKLAC

They're that strong.

Remember, Iron Man was no selling a tank round and barely got a scratch.

There isn't a metal in existence in the real world that wouldn't be fucked up from a slug from an Abrams tank.

But, comic book metallurgy, I suppose

He also took a solid few seconds getting ground up in a Helicarrier propeller and didn't turn to hamburger.

Also why would Thor want to kill him...

pJT0auJ.jpg

The best part of this list is the "Blue Steel" suit.

Tony must have gone on a Zoolander kick at some point.

Neoxon

How does the idea of parts of the Age of Ultron OT being animated sound? Obviously not all of it (gotta look out for ChromeGAF), but Quick was thinking of animating some parts of the OT (I suggested the titles such as "Characters", "Trailers", "Release Dates", etc.).

Lemaitre

Banned
as if i needed another reason to avoid that marathon. that's fuckin' ugly.

Lol, indeed, not my cup of tea. The marathon is sort of cool though, but I would pop in and out instead of staying there the whole time. Maybe for Infinity War I'll do it if they still have something like this going on when that time comes.

BLACKLAC

How does the idea of parts of the Age of Ultron OT being animated sound? Obviously not all of it (gotta look out for ChromeGAF), but Quick was thinking of animating some parts of the OT (I suggested the titles such as "Characters", "Trailers", "Release Dates", etc.).

As long as the gif files aren't huge sounds awesome.

Great idea Quick. Just don't make them too massive.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've made some animated banners for OTs before and they become big in filesize very quickly and that usually means you have to compromise in image quality or something.

I would avoid it in general unless you're absolutely sure it will look good next to text and mean opening the thread won't make people download 50MB of GIFs. Not to discourage y'all, I'm just saying.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Disney’s New ‘Avengers’ Film Could Smash Record, Forecaster Says

(Bloomberg) -- Walt Disney Co.’s new “Avengers” movie could have the biggest feature-film debut of all time when it’s released May 1, helping keep movie profits up at the world’s largest entertainment company.

“Avengers: Age of Ultron” is forecast to collect $217 million over its opening weekend in the U.S. and Canada, according to researcher Boxoffice.com. The first “Avengers,” in 2012, generated $207 million and -- at the moment -- holds the best-ever opening weekend ranking.

Quick

Banned
I've made some animated banners for OTs before and they become big in filesize very quickly and that usually means you have to compromise in image quality or something.

I would avoid it in general unless you're absolutely sure it will look good next to text and mean opening the thread won't make people download 50MB of GIFs. Not to discourage y'all, I'm just saying.

Yeah, I made the gif I wanted to use, and I'm hitting 7MB, so that idea might be off the table. I don't really want to sacrifice too much in quality. No big deal, though. Just an idea I had.

I'm not doing too much to it right now, focused on the Daredevil OT at the moment.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, I made the gif I wanted to use, and I'm hitting 7MB, so that idea might be off the table. I don't really want to sacrifice too much in quality. No big deal, though. Just an idea I had.

I'm not doing too much to it right now, focused on the Daredevil OT at the moment.
One trick you can use is that if only part of the image animates (say the left or right of it), you can cut the image into a GIF portion and a JPEG/PNG for the static part.

Either way it is frustrating because dimensions alone can make the size skyrocket.

Sheroking

He also took a solid few seconds getting ground up in a Helicarrier propeller and didn't turn to hamburger.

Also why would Thor want to kill him...

Thor crushed the arm pieces on the Mark VII with his bare hands, but he also straight up blocked a Hulk punch.

Dude's a beast.

crush_zps7d5f2f80.gif

Thor crushed the arm pieces on the Mark VII with his bare hands, but he also straight up blocked a Hulk punch.

Dude's a beast.

crush_zps7d5f2f80.gif

It's hard to say exactly what Thor's limit is but he definitely is stronger than Tony and below Hulk in terms of strength. His top limits however haven't probably been shown. He tanked Malekith and the Aether's powers at the end of Thor 2. Seeming him roughed up in the newest trailers honestly makes me curious as to what beat him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom