• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then there is Hawkeye ... firing his bow. Oooo he is not looking! check that out!

Black Widow is tolerated more because it is Scarlett Johansen. Pretty women = men will deal with it. Dude shooting bow in the middle of an alien war = kind of absurd ( on top of a building no less .. not moving ... ).

Hawkeye was important!

He was up top providing precise sniper support and coordinating the team.

Yeah sure he would be more effective if he had unlimited arrows, then he would be able to do some real mass damage but I think he is good at just picking off important targets.

Like how he took down Loki which allowed Black Widow to close the portal and win the battle.

Sorian

Banned
BmQN7O0CUAAiJLh.jpg:large

From RDJ's Twitter.

Jackson ain't got time to look at a camera.

All these other action roles came after the Avengers. Renner was chosen for the part because he's a good actor. He was in talks for it as early as 2009.

Jensen Ackles is a fun, charismatic guy but he's a TV actor. Same reason why Stephen Amell, despite doing a good job on Arrow, is not going to be in a Justice League movie ever.

Well there is the rumor that the DC cinematic universe could pick up Arrow and Flash pending how well the Flash series does

Jeremy Renner can be a pretty alright actor I think. He was great in The Town and pretty good in American Hustle.

Neither one is very similar to his role in Avengers/MCU but I think if he actually gets the opportunity to be a team player/shine in the spotlight rather than being some stoic bad guy for half the movie.

Mariolee

All these other action roles came after the Avengers. Renner was chosen for the part because he's a good actor. He was in talks for it as early as 2009.

Jensen Ackles is a fun, charismatic guy but he's a TV actor. Same reason why Stephen Amell, despite doing a good job on Arrow, is not going to be in a Justice League movie ever.

What about Chris Pratt? Unless thats already been brought up?

eastx

28 Weeks Later was before that, tho I grant you I didn't know he had been considered for that long and obviously I saw him in several other movies before that. And I'm not really debating he is a better actor than Ackles. He probably is, but he didn't show it even if he had little to go on, which I don't really think he had. He had plenty of screentime and at least 2 states of mind to show some range.

I just think, in the end, that Hawkeye is not that complex of a character, but he definitely has something that Renner couldn't bring to the role that maybe others could. Cobbie is a TV actress too, and I thought she was perfectly fine being Hill.

Maybe you could say the same thing again 30, 40 more times.

We all know Hawkeye has barely been on-screen so far. Nobody has seen what his actual personality is like, and Avengers 2 will be the movie where they finally show it. If it's anything like Fraction's Hawkeye run, fans of the character will be pleased and he'll pick up plenty of new fans as well.

I do like Jensen Ackles though, I think he could carry his weight in a non-leading role in films.

I think the only people parading that rumor around are the Arrow fans who want it to be true :lol

Actually seems like most fans don't want it to be true because it would potentially hurt the show.

I want it to be true because I want to see Amell kicking ass on the big screen, and potentially Manu as Deathstroke being a boss against Batman and others.

But, I also don't want it to happen because Arrow is too damn good right now. I don't want them handicapped with what they are allowed to do because of a movie coming up.

I want it to be true because I want to see Amell kicking ass on the big screen, and potentially Manu as Deathstroke being a boss against Batman and others.

But, I also don't want it to happen because Arrow is too damn good right now. I don't want them handicapped with what they are allowed to do because of a movie coming up.

Yup,

Its worth it for the movies because you get known and kinda definitive versions of Green Arrow and Deathstroke, also gives you villain filler and backgrounds (League of Shadows for example)
Show wise it opens them up a bit, they can reference Gotham, Metropolis, Wayne Enterprises, Batman, etc. maybe a guess spot or two and maybe develop some side movie characters that they don't get time for in the movies.

Of course it could ruin Arrow as well if it got the early Agents of SHIELD treatment.

I just wanna say Renner portray how much of a human trainwreck that Barton is.

I hope that Scarlet Witch is old enough in this incarnation for Hawkeye to have a thing for her. Her and QS seem pretty young

I thought her and the Vision had a thing?

And Hawkeye has a thing for everyone.

I just want to see him drink coffee from the jug, I don't care who plays him if that happens >_>

I hope so too. It'd be so easy to put in there, Whedon!

BmQN7O0CUAAiJLh.jpg:large

From RDJ's Twitter.

Neat.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It looks like Linda Cardellini on the far right, beside Hemsworth's wife.

I was about to post that, clearly she's confirmed for Death in post-credits Thanos scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom