• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Marvel actually does announce anything beyond 2016, the failure of WB to deliver on the rumored DCCU announcements will look even worse. Not betting on it, though.

I'm really curious how they handle Ant-Man in light of both the Wright debacle and yesterday's casting news, though.

You won't believe me, but they DO ground rocket raccoon heavily in GotG. I mean it, he's pretty believable.

Its not just "blam, talking raccoon!"
Of course, I expect him to be a legitimate character. If it follows the DnA run as well as it looks like, he should be a real, genuinely interesting character.

But a talking raccoon and talking tree, no matter how explained, are still way more out there than anything Marvel has put on film so far. They're just inherently concepts that take more suspension of disbelief than, say, "Iron Man made this in a cave" or "a serum made Cap strong." It's refreshing to see Marvel willing to go for their more out there ideas.

It'll be interesting to see how hard they try to ground Vision's powers. Do they do a lot to back it up, or use a brief science-y handwave?

Slayven

I know they won't announce black panther, but I still want to believe.

Of course, I expect him to be a legitimate character. If it follows the DnA run as well as it looks like, he should be a real, genuinely interesting character.

But a talking raccoon and talking tree, no matter how explained, are still way more out there than anything Marvel has put on film so far. They're just inherently concepts that take more suspension of disbelief than, say, "Iron Man made this in a cave" or "a serum made Cap strong." It's refreshing to see Marvel willing to go for their more out there ideas.

It'll be interesting to see how hard they try to ground Vision's powers. Do they do a lot to back it up, or use a brief science-y handwave?

They shouldn't ground shit, they haven't so far.

Silas Lesnick: Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas have taken the stage
5:57
Silas Lesnick: Feige just said "both of the Ant-Men"
Silas Lesnick: Corey Stoll!
EDouglasCS: Just confirmed that Corey Stoll is playing Darren Cross aka Yellowjacket!
Silas Lesnick: Evangeline Lilly is Hope Van Dyne!

iyZiD.gif

Spinluck

The way the trailer is described makes it sound fucking incredible.

I can't wait to see it.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for this now.

But still, great imagery. And, I have to say... I love The Avengers a whole lot, but I am still disappointed with the photography in it. It's pretty flat and overly bright, giving it a TV vibe. Not so much here. Age of Ultron looks like a goddamn movie! Inky blacks, much more mood and tone than anything in the first film

Thank god.

You know, wasn't crazy about the whole Tony creating Ultron angle, but it actually makes a lot of sense. I know people aren't happy with Avengers being the RDJ & Friends show, but it makes for some interesting character moments.

You know, wasn't crazy about the whole Tony creating Ultron angle, but it actually makes a lot of sense. I know people aren't happy with Avengers being the RDJ & Friends show, but it makes for some interesting character moments.
The only reason it's bad is because the creation of Ultron is one of the most important parts of Hank Pym's history. It's a bummer that he doesn't get the character development.

It's a great angle to fall back on. But Pym being the messiah of AI in the MCU is going to be missed.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
That was one of the roses Downey brought. Did he give the rest to all the other Marvel stars in the panel?
He threw all the red ones at audience, and gave each a white one to Cobie and Best Olsen. The purple one was for Thanos *wink wink*

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I cant hear anything in that teaser from all the fucking screaming and laughing :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom