• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You can hear Ultron being a bad ass.

nope, still only shrieking and laughing, its like my worst movie going nightmare. Time stamp on Ultron pretty please?

edit: heard it now, well, barely, but I heard James Spader. maybe its better with headphones, ill check when Im home

Just listened to the audio. Hype was already through the roof for the movie. now i'm on the moon. Cant wait for the trailer to leak or be released.

Tobor

nope, still only shrieking and laughing, its like my worst movie going nightmare. Time stamp on Ultron pretty please?

edit: heard it now, well, barely, but I heard James Spader. maybe its better with headphones, ill check when Im home

Not sure what to tell you. The beginning is them messing with Thor's hammer, then the big crowd reaction is Cap lifting it a bit. Then Ultron breaks in and says his piece. I'm listening on my iPad and I can make that much out.

I like how the damage on his head is shaped exactly like his final design. Seems Ultron redesigns himself to look exactly like his damaged remains when rebuilding, which would explain the more evil robot-type look that Tony propably wouldn't use.

Dig it. That's a pretty cool design idea, though it'd be sorta amusing if they somehow incorporated the Ultron-1 design from the comics:

fGQWCzT.jpg

Shaanyboi

Banned
I said it in the other thread.... but holy fuck, Spader's voice could not be any creepier. "No strings on me" was fucking incredible.

eastx

The only reason it's bad is because the creation of Ultron is one of the most important parts of Hank Pym's history. It's a bummer that he doesn't get the character development.

It's a shame that we only get to see him as an old man, probably rarely if ever appearing outside of the Ant Man film. And Janet presumably will be an old lady too, since the Ant Man film's female lead is their daughter. I really enjoyed both characters in Earth's Mightiest Heroes - especially Janet.

I wish during the party gathering scene, hawkeye ask cap and widow why they didnt call him during the whole winter soldier episode. Or Just swapping stories about their latest movie adventure and they all ask hawkeye what has he been doing all this time

If Cap's shield gets split, that must mean Ultron gets a vibrannium chassis, right? It's the only thing that could do that if I understand correctly.

Also, if the early part of the movie is about the team giving up on heroics to robots because they're tired I hope the beginning is a giant montage of them kicking ass all over the world with as many different villains as possible.

McBryBry

I just thought you all should know. Robot Chicken just did a special about their created Strawberry Shortcake character.
Bitch Puddin'.
At the end, Bitch Puddin' got picked up by Nick Fury.
Bitch Puddin' is played by Katee Sackoff.

MSMARVELCONFIRMED

Korosenai

Watching the ign interview of Aaron and Best Olsen, and Aaron states that quiksikver and scarlet witch wanted hydra to take them and experiment on them.... So thats news right? I figured Hydra kidnapped them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why cant these fucking halfwits be quiet until the damn clip is finished?

cant tell if this is sarcasm but...yes, why cant they? I get excitment, but even them couldnt hear much with all the screaming and laughing

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
And now we are commenting on the leaked audio of a trailer.

This is ridiculous.

What are the chances of Disney releasing the trailer in the coming days/weeks? IIRC plenty of the stuff shown at the CC stays behind closed doors (IE: Ant-Man's test footage and Guardians of the Galaxy's first trailer).

They sometimes release Con trailers months later but that sounded like a scene, so we'll probably not see it until the film comes out. Might get snippets of it in the first trailer at best.

Cth

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought of that. I'd be okay with that - it'd make some sense with all the verbal abuse it has received.

Well, Whedon did say that the sequel should be "[m]ore personal, more painful. By being the next thing that should happen to these characters, and not just a rehash of what seemed to work the first time. By having a theme that is completely fresh and organic to itself."

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-story-joss-whedon-kofi-158346/

So, having Dum-E evolve into Ultron would fit.. after all Dum-E saved his life originally in the first IM film. He has a sentimental attachment having grown up with Dum-E and was one of the few things he saved at the end of IM3. Giving Stark that kind of stake in things, as well as adding that betrayal to the mix would be all kinds of awesome.

No, not DumE :(

It would be funnier if Ultron asks him to join his revolution and he blast Ultron with the fire extinguisherm:p
A more terrifying and darker take is if Ultron integrates DumE into his body against its will. Maybe have a scene where DumE is struggling to pull away but cannot until ultimately taken over by Ultron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom