• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Spader sounds a little too...normal? Granted it's hard to tell with a low-quality clip, but seems like they should modulate his voice just a bit.

Which is sometimes... what a trailer/teaser is. It qualifies. Either way, Feige didn't deny it not coming, just not anytime soon.

I don't know, there's like a good 2 minutes of scene. Unless they do a "Dark Knight" thing where they show off a whole scene, it's not what the typical Marvel trailer consists of.

farisr

First of all, some of the music there, the way it was arranged with everything else, managed to give me chills.

Does this mean Cap and the Avengers go to Wakanda to fix the shield?

I honestly don't know much about Black Panther, just stuff I saw in the cartoons, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

My (simple) theory:

Ultron find the vibranium in Wakanda (but we're not told this) and builds his body using that, the shield breaks and remains broken for the rest of the movie. At the end of the movie,cap get his shield back all fixed up, Tony mentions finding the place where Ultron obtained the vibranium (Wakanda), and we get a short tease of people in Wakanda seeing whatever Tony used to extract the metal fly off, and bring it to Black Panther's (T'Chaka) attention.

Then the Black Panther movie will basically start off at this point, with this being the catalyst that leads to T'Chaka's death. Dissent in the tribe over what action to pursue, the king failed to protect the vibranium, other opportunistic guy challenging him, winning unfairly etc, and T'Challa stepping up and donning the suit.

I'm sure the writers will come up with something better, I'm just using the stuff I've already seen and merging the stories.

OR it'll just be a cop out and they'll somehow say that Tony had a reserve of vibranium, Ultron used it all, and when Ultron is "defeated" at the end of the movie, Tony will reuse the vibranium from Ultron's remains to repair Cap's shield.

Alienous

I just want Ultron to put a dunce cap on Tony.

That's all the DumE reference I need.

Well, Whedon did say that the sequel should be "[m]ore personal, more painful. By being the next thing that should happen to these characters, and not just a rehash of what seemed to work the first time. By having a theme that is completely fresh and organic to itself."

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-story-joss-whedon-kofi-158346/

So, having Dum-E evolve into Ultron would fit.. after all Dum-E saved his life originally in the first IM film. He has a sentimental attachment having grown up with Dum-E and was one of the few things he saved at the end of IM3. Giving Stark that kind of stake in things, as well as adding that betrayal to the mix would be all kinds of awesome.

Tony_Dum-E_news.jpg

It'd be fucking heartbreaking.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New video with Downey & Ruffalo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUlWCQNaggkMW7SDtS3BkEBg&v=0PmJNPFeyJo

"Stark has set Banner up to be able to continue his good works in Stark Tower, and Tony has a project of his own," Robert Downey Jr. told Entertainent Weekly during a video interview at Comic-Con. "So, it's one of those things where it's like your second development team 'Hey, how is it going over there, that looks really nice and green; can I talk to you about this other idea I have'. This project, or idea, that Tony Stark has is creating Ultron so that the "world doesn't have to count on" the Avengers, but evidently it "winds up not being a good idea." He continued, "Bruce is dubious as to the moral psychology of this project idea of Tony's. And It's nice because it sets up a little bit of tension between us." "It sort of blows up," added Mark Ruffalo. This tension between Stark and Banner will seemingly lead up to the Hulk vs. Hulkbuster battle sequence in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

georly

No video leak yet?

At this point, our best hope is for some artist to animate it based on the audio combined w/ all the write-ups describing what happened.

That or that the person who recorded it is waiting to get home (had to fly home last night, go to bed, go to work this morning, etc) to upload it.

If it's not uploaded by tonight, I'm going to assume it will never be.

At this point, our best hope is for some artist to animate it based on the audio combined w/ all the write-ups describing what happened.

That or that the person who recorded it is waiting to get home (had to fly home last night, go to bed, go to work this morning, etc) to upload it.

If it's not uploaded by tonight, I'm going to assume it will never be.

:(

That sucks they don't released the trailer to the public. It's pretty stupid companies show these "exclusive" trailers at these conventions. Same thing happens at E3 and it's stupid.

eastx

That sucks they don't released the trailer to the public. It's pretty stupid companies show these "exclusive" trailers at these conventions. Same thing happens at E3 and it's stupid.

I disagree about it being stupid or a bad idea. They have to provide incentives like that in order to make attendance (and waiting in line) worth people's whiles.

georly

I disagree about it being stupid or a bad idea. They have to provide incentives like that in order to make attendance (and waiting in line) worth people's whiles.

Getting to see it first, or getting to be in a live audience w/ the stars of the movie present is its own reward. I bet if you asked everyone there, a good amount, if not most of them, would have no problem w/ them sharing the trailer w/ the public. In fact, I'm sure a lot of them would like that so they could see it again.

Was finally able to listen and yeah, I was hesitant at first but I'm calling it: Ultron is going to be this movie franchise's Joker. What Ledger was to Dark Knight, Spader is going to be to Avengers, without a doubt.

The only difference--and only way he won't make as huge an impact--is Ultron being CG rather than live action. Other than that, this performance is going to blow minds.

I got the same chills hearing his voice as I did back when I saw and heard Ledger for the first time.

The vast majority of convention goers don't get to see any these exclusive trailers, and these cons still sell out. Going to cons is much more about the experience of being there, the funny costumes, the chance of bumping into one of your faves, and the free swag. People waited in line for an hour to play TitanFall at Pax East, and the game was already out.

we had Jarvis talking like a real human since 2008, i don't know why Ultron built by Tony should sound "metallic".

Getting to see it first, or getting to be in a live audience w/ the stars of the movie present is its own reward. I bet if you asked everyone there, a good amount, if not most of them, would have no problem w/ them sharing the trailer w/ the public. In fact, I'm sure a lot of them would like that so they could see it again.

they obviously don't want people to watch it multiple times and analyse it until it's more refined. showing something like that to fans once who already know what's what is no problem. this is possibly a 2 billion dollar movie and they want to control when and what the public gets to see to the very last detail (including timing of the footage). it's very different what you are showing geeks and what Joe Shmoe gets to see.

If it was a scene and a montage, couldn't this be showing up at the end of GotG in much the same way that Marvel added a short scene and a montage to the end of The First Avenger?

georly

we had Jarvis talking like a real human since 2008, i don't know why Ultron built by Tony should sound "metallic".

they obviously don't want people to watch it multiple times and analyse it until it's more refined. showing something like that to fans once who already know what's what is no problem. this is possibly a 2 billion dollar movie and they want to control when and what the public gets to see to the very last detail (including timing of the footage). it's very different what you are showing geeks and what Joe Shmoe gets to see.

Wouldn't you rather show it off to the public on your own terms than have it leaked by a shaky cam video? I dunno. I feel like doing some sort of internet countdown or showing it off during the commercial break for some major show/event could garner a ton ton ton of publicity. I dunno, *shrug*

J10

Banned
You're sitting here clamoring for it, which is exactly what they want. I wouldn't show it to you either at this point.

Cth

Chances are someone did record it and is shopping it around to websites for the exclusive.

It happened with the Avengers script leak back in the day.

If I had to guess, the audio version is what's being shopped around.

With any luck, someone will break it up into clips and do a couple of slow leaks to keep the hype train going if no site pays for the exclusive.

Couldn't hear a word because of that woman's fake laugh

That was that woman's most honest, genuine, hysterical laugh of her whole life.

Chances are someone did record it and is shopping it around to websites for the exclusive.

Wont happen. No site will actually host it out of fear of Disney coming after them. They will link it and talk about it, but not host it. And they know it wouldn't last long enough to get the hits to pay for it anyways.

Wazzy

Banned
I understand that they need incentives but at the same time, why not just make it a week long exclusive look for the people that payed and then officaly release it?

There's plenty of incentives other than a trailer. They get to see the cast up close and ask questions, can go to signings after with with all of the cast, get the first look at the trailer and overall the experience of being there with a great crowd is an even bigger incentive.

It's a little silly to hold off on this footage when it's not the only incentive there. I can understand not releasing it right away but saying it won't be released for awhile is stupid.

Guess I'm going to see it at the Lucca Comics&Games as I did last year for the cap exclusive scene, Avengers 2 teaser and GOTG trailer.

I think it could go either way, with them using the Wakanda arc for the Vibranium upgrade, or they'll just skip it, or they'll only mention in passing that Ultron jacked some Vibranium from an African nation where it's found. I don't think BP will appear in the movie.

If the shield does break in the movie I think they'll leave it broken to set up Panther's intro in Cap 3 or in his own movie.

georly

Guess I'm going to see it at the Lucca Comics&Games as I did last year for the cap exclusive scene, Avengers 2 teaser and GOTG trailer.

So they're going to show it again? When is that? Maybe we'll get a leak from that.

I think it could go either way, with them using the Wakanda arc for the Vibranium upgrade, or they'll just skip it, or they'll only mention in passing that Ultron jacked some Vibranium from an African nation where it's found. I don't think BP will appear in the movie.

If the shield does break in the movie I think they'll leave it broken to set up Panther's intro in Cap 3 or in his own movie.

Isn't cap 3 the first avengers hero movie after angengers 2? Would make sense.

So they're going to show it again? When is that? Maybe we'll get a leak from that.
During Halloween. It was a surprise. Lucca C&G is like the comic con for Europe, last year there was a special screening for "Thor: the Dark World", me and my brother won the tickets and the movie was supposed to hit the theaters a month later. The director of Disney Italy was a nice guy and said the he wanted us to be excited so they showed everything that was shown at comic-con, obviuosly with a strict control to keep cameras away. Maybe it won't happen again this time, who knows... there isn't a movie to promote :(

It happened with the Avengers script leak back in the day.

If I had to guess, the audio version is what's being shopped around.

With any luck, someone will break it up into clips and do a couple of slow leaks to keep the hype train going if no site pays for the exclusive.

why would any sites want to pay for that, you know the moment they post it online, marvel is gonna shut it down immediately

Mad Max did it the best way. Give the live attendance a longer and more fleshed out trailer, and the public a shorter trailer from that long footage.

georly

Yeah, Ant-Man is first, Doctor Strange could possible even be before Cap 3, but Cap 3 will definitely be the first established character sequel following Age of Ultron.

Yeah, I just meant 'of the heroes in the avengers movie,' so ant man doesn't count. Weird chiasmus thing they're doing. Does that mean we'll get the movies in reverse order before avengers 3?

Cap > Thor > Iron Man > A3? Will A3 be the end, or will the continue w/ cap > Thor > Iron > Hulk > Iron to completely round it off? :p

I really hope they have this at the end of GotG. Didn't Cap have the trailer for Avengers at the end?

I mean, there aren't any more Marvel movies until Avengers 2, right?

A man can hope.

Wazzy

Banned
Well then I hope their both liars.

I doubt they would attach this to the credits(Not that it isn't possible since the Shawarma scene was added into Avengers for Canada) but if it were ever to get released, I'd think it would be attached as a trailer, not a credit special.

Sadist

A more terrifying and darker take is if Ultron integrates DumE into his body against its will. Maybe have a scene where DumE is struggling to pull away but cannot until ultimately taken over by Ultron.

sure, why not. then Tony Stark can say that he's fighting to avenge DumE. :D
:D

Gotta admit, when he salvaged Dum-E at the end of the movie both me and my buddy were really giddy. "Yay! See, he does care!"

After listening to the teaser, and hearing the audience react to it, the hype levels are off the chart for Avengers 2. I hope I can last 10 months.

Tobor

Wouldn't you rather show it off to the public on your own terms than have it leaked by a shaky cam video? I dunno. I feel like doing some sort of internet countdown or showing it off during the commercial break for some major show/event could garner a ton ton ton of publicity. I dunno, *shrug*

You mean like the Super Bowl? That's where we got our first good look at The Avengers. I could see them doing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom