• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

OtjmYHI.gif

I'll post this here too. This level is beautiful.

TUSR

Banned
If you have PM'ed me or posted here, you have been added to the Twitch chat.

If you don't have an invite, ask again, it could be bugged.

BibleThump for NeoGAF but it's a good time and place to share this.

I've posted quite a bit on the OT but my mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer in April last year. It's been a long hard year but her first chemotherapy treatment was successful for her type of cancer to freeze it in place. That bought her time to have a great summer and go through with preventitive radiotherapy to hopefully stop it spreading to her brain. Her biggest fear was losing her mind before she passed away.

As we were in the run up to Christmas in November she discovered new lumps and bumps and it was confirmed her cancer was once again on the move and the only choice was to let to happen and for her to die or to attempt a trial chemotherapy in the hopes that something would help out. Being the fighter my mother was she opted to attempt that and began early December.

A week before Christmas she began sleeping a lot but her numbers were fine and we were all concerned. She made it to Christmas Eve and we had a (fairly) normal Christmas Eve with board games and fun but everyone knew deep down inside this was our last Christmas and this was special. You could see she was in pain and needed to rest a lot but it was still great. Christmas day was a bit worse, great start to the day but she had tremendous pain in her back and shoulders from what we would later find out was severe potassium deficiency and luckily after we had Christmas dinner my dad decided to take her to the hospital and they managed to start working on getting her to recover.

Fast forward to about two hours ago where my father, my brother and I made the very hard decision to agree to a DNR and to take her off all non-pain medications and to let her pass. After Christmas the cancer took her over. In the past week my dad has been visiting her daily (I couldn't because I was sick and didn't want to get her more ill.) and tell us about how she'd stare off into the distance randomly or say random things that didn't make sense. She lost the one thing she didn't want to over the course of a week, her mind.

So to be here sitting here watching something I love to watch each year waiting on the phone call to tell me my mother has passed away is bittersweet.

Cancer fucking sucks. I'm glad our hobby has events like this to attempt to help in some way.

That's terrible :(

Twitch chat killing me with "Dixie Butt"

Or

"Dicksie Butt Kreygasm"

Welcome to Twitch.

Core Zero

I made a Twitch chat room called NeoGAF

Post your Twitch names and ill start inviting.

Twitch name is 'corezero'.

Trying not to watch the DKCTF run because I want to play the game myself, hard to resist Spike's smooth voice though.

LordAlu

An excellent opening run with some great commentary. AGDQ is off to a great start.

Stick around for Wario too, it's a pretty fun run!

Revven

Suuuuuch a fantastic run. Always love watching Spike play DKCTF but seeing Michael Goldfish showed me how much optimization I was missing out on by just watching Spike play it.

ultron87

Only caught a bit of Tropical Freeze but that was a real great way to start things off. Love AGDQ weeks since there's always something to put on a screen and watch.

Ultimadrago

BibleThump for NeoGAF but it's a good time and place to share this...

So to be here sitting here watching something I love to watch each year waiting on the phone call to tell me my mother has passed away is bittersweet.

Cancer fucking sucks. I'm glad our hobby has events like this to attempt to help in some way.

Heart goes out to you and yours, man. I'm glad to hear this event brings some joy to you.

Fuck Cancer. :(

Ludovico

Gonna be really hard to top that DK run, especially looking at today's schedule...
I might run Banjo in the background, then I'm pretty much done for today's showings.

Top Bottom