• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

They've actually been pushing to NOT politicize it, which is good. AGDQ certainly isn't the place for it.

Back to positivity:
Agdq+kreygasm+http+wwwtwitchtv+speeddemosarchivesda_f3d8b5_4959765.gif
jDmmAiK.gif
yBkYP7S.gif

megalowho

Just looked through the schedule, probably looking forward to Thursday the most. Great to see so many viewers and donations this early.

Dr. Buni

Check out F-Zero GX speedrun by Crazy Game Nerd. There's games like Ninja Gaiden on the NES and Sonic Generations but then there's F-Zero. There's even a speed trick called snaking (like Mario Kart DS) which has permanently damaged peoples hands. But the speedrun of the game itself is insane.
Is GX harder than X? I only played X and it was hella hard too. Anyways, I will check it out, thanks for the recommendation!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/2ra5rw/agdq_vods_thread_2015/

Available pretty quickly from Twitch but there's a risk of muting if there's licensed music
Thanks. Looks like there's a lot I will love to watch. Can't wait.

The muting thing is bullshit and poorly handled. Muting for a solid half hour just for a tiny piece of music is stupid. At least YouTube just removed monetization. Do they upload to YouTube from their Twitch stream or from their own video cache on the recording machine?

cerulily

edit: Nevermind, camera angle changed. Same big room as last year.

Also can i get invited to the twitch chat? twitch: "cerulean_skylark"

Never played Wario Land 4, but this game looks hard, even if you play it normally, non-speedrun.

And he was playing on Normal mode. The game really ramps up in difficulty when you play Hard and Very Hard. Not only do the gem pieces and treasure switch around (or get placed in completely different areas), but a bunch of new enemies get placed around as well.

In Very Hard mode, you start each stage with 1 heart!

Revven

Just saw that and edited my post. It was just strange at the other camera angle, it looked like when they ran from a basement size

I think the camera angle is that way because last year people complained about how big the room looked and how the couch looked separated from the crowd or something. The current camera angle mimics how the old GDQs looked in the smaller rooms. Oh and it also didn't help last year that they had such weird audio level problems between the crowd and the commentators and etc.

And he was playing on Normal mode. The game really ramps up in difficulty when you play Hard and Very Hard. Not only do the gem pieces and treasure switch around (or get placed in completely different areas), but a bunch of new enemies get placed around as well.

In Very Hard mode, you start each stage with 1 heart!
The level design practically changes in harder modes because of the different treasure placements making you look through every nooks and crannies in the game. I remember finding so many new stuff on hard mode that I never could have found on normal.

Love it so much.

Top Bottom