• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

KarmaCow

I never actually saw it live but I just assume it was all a joke and that Caveman DCJ was trying to make it awkward. I mean the way he shuts the guy down when he's doing the deep action hero voice by saying Tomba doesn't actually talk was so unnecessary I just assumed he was playing it up. Viewing that again knowing that Caveman DCJ genuinely didn't like that guy's commentary just makes it even more hilarious. Good god, I physically recoiled when it I got to that moment again.

I left and everyone had giant heads when I returned.

You missed some good head

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

I never actually saw it live but I just assume it was all a joke and that Caveman DCJ was trying to make it awkward. Viewing that again knowing that Caveman DCJ genuinely didn't like that guy's commentary just makes it even more hilarious. Good god, I physically recoiled when it I got to that moment again.

I remember watching it live and it was so distracting. The whole chat like woke up when he snapped at him. It was like.. super late during the bonus stream, right? Bonus stream is usually really great for all the right and wrong reasons.

Coonce

Jeez, timer ran for a solid 7 seconds after time was called. someone fire that guy.

Gocnak is a superb runner! If you guys havent' seen his half life stuff, it's really impressive to watch.

Nose Master

Jeez, timer ran for a solid 7 seconds after time was called. someone fire that guy.

He probably had them muted as well.

EDIT: awww.

I feel a bit bad for the guy who was doing the run. If it was just him, it would have been fine. Still corny, but not mute worthy. George Martin and Cringer Ginger were absolute torture.

hello AGDQ staff I am a long time watcher and my stream experience has been ruined by the cringer ginger. If you do not remove him from the couch the chat will ***
was that a twitch chat repeated post or something?

either way I will let jay know he might have gone overboard.

I feel weird about all this Tiny Build plugging, with their logo character being No Time To Explain, a game that was extremely buggy and left broken for a long, long time. (Lots of complaints on the Steam forums at the time, with no answer to them) It's one of the few games that ever left me feeling ripped off, and I loved the Flash prototype when it came out.

Speedrunners is much better, right? Are they just publishing it, or actively developing it?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I hope all you dudes using the g-word are gingers yourselves, or I'm gonna get super offended over here.

Coonce

The source games are my favorite speedrun games because of all the bunny hopping, it all just looks so crazy

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The source games are my favorite speedrun games because of all the bunny hopping, it all just looks so crazy

Yes and no.

Half-Life 2 runs have some relatively boring spots you can't skip where characters soeak to you in pseudo cutscenes.

The best runners can do is place objects on their heads so they do mini teleports to get through their scripted movement faster.

I love watching HL1, Opposing Force, and Portal though. Interested in watching Episode 2 as well.

KarmaCow

Timer broken

They haven't started yet, he's practising.

Yes and no.

Half-Life 2 runs have some relatively boring spots you can't skip where characters soeak to you in pseudo cutscenes.

The best runners can do is place objects on their heads so they do mini teleports to get through their scripted movement faster.

I love watching HL1, Opposing Force, and Portal though. Interested in watching Episode 2 as well.

Needing to the npc teleport stuff does suck but it does have those fun moments where the runner can just mess around. That said, yea I'd rather there was a better way to skip those moments.

I hope all you dudes using the g-word are gingers yourselves, or I'm gonna get super offended over here.

I'm sorry, is there a problem with that word? Every red haired person that speaks english I know uses that word to describe themselves and it has never occured to me it had weight.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I just realized that Gearbox recycled that final boss for Borderlands

end of the game, time to shoot that tentacle thingy coming out of the portal!

Seems like every announcer has a heavy "kill the animals" bias. IMO any speed run of Super Metroid that kills the animals should be discredited.

trw

Pressing those ad buttons ingame was just really really shitty. A shame since I liked his megaman run but fuck putting in ads in a charity event.

Top Bottom