• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Keikaku

This Checkers guy is really awesome at these Super Jumps. He's making something that is hard enough to do once look really easy. What a player!

BigAT

I was wondering that myself. Are they really that hard to pull off in such succession? He makes it look like nothing

Yes, it's incredibly difficult. They change the timing up on you at some point, among other things. I don't think I ever got more than like 15 or 20.

Paches

Yes, it's incredibly difficult. They change the timing up on you at some point, among other things. I don't think I ever got more than like 15 or 20.

It is something like 87 really insanely timed jumps, the first 12-13 have a bigger window for timing?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Great stuff. Really entertaining run, and love that soundtrack.

Side note: really wish this would come to Wii U VC at some point :/ I grabbed a code for the Wii shop version from Club Nintendo just in anticipation for that, but it'll probably never happen :p oh well, I'll just replay in Wii mode someday.

I was wondering that myself. Are they really that hard to pull off in such succession? He makes it look like nothing

Like others said, yeah. It becomes some really low amount of frames that you can hit on, and like every enemy has some sort of movement in their animation that can mess you up.

Crayolan

Didn't realize the SMS run was 100%, guess that's gonna take pretty long.

Man this OST is so good. I enjoyed rewatching this game.

Same here. It was also nice to be reminded of SMRPG's excellent visual humor, I was laughing so hard when Mario pulled out an umbrella pre-empting Mallow's blubbering.

Very very difficult. My personal record is like 20-something, I can't even imagine the perfect focus it'd require to reach anywhere near 100.

jman2050

It's not just the timing window, apparently for some enemies the hitbox actually oscillates up and down so on top of a timing window there's also slightly offset rhythm to the attempt depending on the enemy? Unless I misheard the explanation they gave about that.

Probably going to use this block of extremely long games to finally get some sleep. Gotten so far behind this week so I need to take any opportunity I can get. I'll probably catch the highlights later, if there are any on VOD.

So, what's playing on ADGQ...

[3.5 hours of Mario Sunshine]

Nope nope nope.

Not that there aren't some cool tricks in Mario Sunshine. I've seen some of them before, like the fruit blender Shine.

It'll be 3:30-4 in the morning by the time the Kingdom Hearts run starts. Probably won't be up to watch the whole thing. VOD hopefully tomorrow then. Hope 'Never had a Friend like Me' wins the song donation.

jman2050

I hate how much flak this game gets, it's the rare type of sequel that successfully expands on its predecessor's mechanics (in this case with all the FLUDD shenanigans) while not compromising its design principles.

Manus

I hate how much flak this game gets, it's the rare type of sequel that successfully expands on its predecessor's mechanics (in this case with all the FLUDD shenanigans) while not compromising its design principles.

Agreed. It's my favorite 3D Mario.

Blizzard

Banned
Looks like I'll be helping people move and doing other stuff tomorrow so I'll miss all the best runs. Enjoy Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Halo 2, and Super Metroid without me. ;_;

Velcro Fly

Sad to think this is almost over. I got super lucky and got three days in a row of work being cancelled because of weather so I only missed Tuesday.

Can't wait to sleep about 10 hours total for SGDQ

Top Bottom