• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Nanashrew

Banned
So is that a yes? 240 is every blue colmin? Or is there wiggle room, ie more coins

Nope, no wiggle room. Each shine sprite costs 10 coins from the Tanooki shop owner.

EDIT: Yes, it's for 100% for the 120 shine sprites. Sorry if my posts are coming off weird I'm tired.

Do you have to get all blue coins for 100%? They seem so random

Yes.

They are extremely random and annoying to find. Often a blue coin will be in one mission of a level but not the other missions and there's no way to know which mission it's in.

You also don't have to get a single one to beat the game any %. If you ever play Sunshine, completely ignore them for a much more enjoyable experience.

Good god, no wonder I never was able to find all the Blue coins in this game.

I love Mario Sunshine, but the fact that I've never been able (or willing, I guess you could say) to find all the Blue Coins and 100% the game has always irritated me.

They are probably my most hated collectibles in a video game.

Just started tuning in again (been off and on all week) and I have to wonder why they waited for this late time slot for such an enjoyable speed run. Loving this Mario Sunshine run right now.

BasicMath

For now what? I was watching that cutscene!
Yeah, the chat is going crazy about that. I thought he would let it show the last extra image you get for getting all 120 shines but we didn't get that either.

Hell yes, KH2 won. But 4 hours? I don't think I can handle that.

CassSept

Man just keeping track of the blue coins you get / pathing them must be a pain. Forget/miss one and you are screwed.

Still the only 3D Mario I didn't 100%, looking back I remember how angry I was when I realized that blue coins are limited, placed in specific locations and chapters and not tracked anywhere - for a 3D game that's a huge pain.

Onaco

Is there a reason they're using the PS2 version and not the PS3 HD version of Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix?

Edit: takes longer to load in the PS3 version.

SamuraiX-

It's a good thing Spikevegeta is on the couch otherwise the viewer count might've dropped below 50k after being a consistent 80-100k for the whole week. -_-

SamuraiX-

YS5RMJa.png

Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber.

Can't unsee.

SamuraiX-

This is actually incredible. I'm shocked they're pretty decent at singing. haha

Spikevegeta's buddy (Cruncha from the Tropical Freeze community?) is killing it!

6 more singalongs to go for the next 4 hours!

Nydus

It's a good thing Spikevegeta is on the couch otherwise the viewer count might've dropped below 50k after being a consistent 80-100k for the whole week. -_-

i think the main problem is the time. its morning everywhere.

and that singing was really awesome!

BasicMath

i think the main problem is the time. its morning everywhere.

and that singing was really awesome!
To be fair, these ARE Fire Emblem levels of viewers. It just doesn't look good. I think Big Rigs yesterday got more viewers but everybody loves Big Rigs so it's not a fair comparison.

Aeana

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally the only KH game I'd actually enjoy watching is BbS. The others do nothing for me in the gameplay area.

demidar

They're trying to keep things interesting during the more boring part. Gotta respect that.

Finding the run more technical than I expected which is a pleasant surprise.

Wallach

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally the only KH game I'd actually enjoy watching is BbS. The others do nothing for me in the gameplay area.

Yeah, I really don't care for anything in this series, I've just got it running in the background. There is some really awesome stuff on the other side of this run that I'd like to stay up for.

I don't really know if I would like to watch someone else play any of them, but both bbs and kh1 I at least enjoyed as games for me.

Top Bottom