• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Kadin

Got up early for Goldeneye. Never seen this game ran before here, sure hope it's enjoyable. Love that game!

Nydus

yeah sry just realized that oO for some reason i always thought its just 30 and never played it for that reason lol

JoeFu

Banned
ran a boring category in DMC3 (ng+ with everything which makes the game boring to watch because he mainly uses 1 strategy throughout), didn't run it that well live, dicked around a couple times mid run.

he didn't even want to run it and i think they made him because someone else was supposed to that had to leave early(don't remember)? And it was a donation war and he even told people not to donate for it and yet they did so he had to run lol.

Apdiddy

I would love to see an Everything And Nothing speed run, but GoldenEye will do.

The french horns during setup make me want to play Uncharted again.

Got up early for Goldeneye. Never seen this game ran before here, sure hope it's enjoyable. Love that game!

Be sure to check out individual level runs on youtube and stuff if you end up liking the run, these guys are INSANELY good at this game. Some try for 100 hours+ for world records on a single level in this game!

and what is the final frontier?

Space.

No, but seriously. They've always added "flavor" to their titles for setup segments. And that run was a donation incentive. Look back at the previous setup entries. It looks like they fit in extra runs/incentives during other setup times also.

Randam

Space.

No, but seriously. They've always added "flavor" to their titles for setup segments. And that run was a donation incentive. Look back at the previous setup entries. It looks like they fit in extra runs/incentives during other setup times also.

so it is not a game!?

okay.

how long till goldeneye starts?

KarmaCow

lol the framerate in this game was so bad

I'm glad I didn't know what framerate was when I was 13

It really is hard to go back playing N64 games. I don't know how I wasn't constantly having headaches back then because I can't play <20FPS games now without needing a break after 10 minutes.

jett

D-Member
lol the framerate in this game was so bad

I'm glad I didn't know what framerate was when I was 13

Goldeneye was manageable back then, but I definitely noticed the abject awfulness of Perfect Dark's framerate when that game came out. I don't know why they bothered with a high-res mode.

edit: this framerate is worse than I remembered! good lawd

Goldeneye was manageable back then, but I definitely noticed the abject awfulness of Perfect Dark's framerate when that game came out. I don't know why they bothered with a high-res mode.

edit: this framerate is worse than I remembered! good lawd

Yeah Perfect Dark was the first game that ever bothered me due to a bad frame rate. It was pretty horrible.

Edit: I didn't hear, but since it's Any%, I assume they're doing Agent.

It really is hard to go back playing N64 games. I don't know how I wasn't constantly having headaches back then because I can't play <20FPS games now without needing a break after 10 minutes.

Maybe playing these games when you were a kid caused that condition.

iAv3XXqaIacfL.gif

SJRB

Gold Member
Good commentary so far. Really adds a lot to a speedrun in terms of understanding what is going on.

KarmaCow

The commentators are really making this race. It's been too long since I've played Goldeneye so that along with the strat of looking at the ground to boost the framerate as well as four screens at once makes it kinda incomprehensible without them explaining what the runners are trying to do.

Onaco

This rage about skipping the $1710 donation is getting pretty vocal, really fast. I know the trolls love to complain about everything, but it's really pathetic. I have a feeling they're just waiting to announce it during the run so it's recorded during the highlight of the Goldeneye run, or it's just an honest mistake.

Top Bottom