• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

SamuraiX-

is it just me or is the dude on the right a tiny little bit of a douche?

Mono? He can act like one when he's pissed off at people in his chat but when he's cheerful like he is now, he's awesome. Why do you think so?

He's an incredibly sarcastic person in case you were taking anything he said too seriously. lol

Venfayth

Mono? He can act like one when he's pissed off at people in his chat but when he's cheerful like he is now, he's awesome. Why do you think so?

He's an incredibly sarcastic person in case you were taking anything he said too seriously. lol

I kinda get that vibe from him too. It just kinda makes him seem like a jerk.

the "I would do anything, because I have the world record on legendary" put me off a little bit.

This, the general way he speaks about himself, the thing where he was like 'they call me one frame monopoli' and then messed up the trick - when most other runners take a very humble approach whenever they're about to try one frame tricks.

I'm not hating on the guy, like the above quote, it could very well be he's just incredibly sarcastic, but it's starting to grate me a little.

Not impressed with this. They could at least done normal difficulty. Also does not help that Halo 2 SP is the worst of the original trilogy.

Edit: Will still leave it on due to Twitch donation per viewer.

SamuraiX-

I kinda get that vibe from him too. It just kinda makes him seem like a jerk.

This, the general way he speaks about himself, the thing where he was like 'they call me one frame monopoli' and then messed up the trick - when most other runners take a very humble approach whenever they're about to try one frame tricks.

I'm not hating on the guy, like the above quote, it could very well be he's just incredibly sarcastic, but it's starting to grate me a little.

The longer you watch him, the more you'll pick up on it. He'll shit on himself just as much as he'll sarcastically praise himself. :p

Sarcasm for the sake of sarcasm is a key trait of douches.

wut lol

343 named achievements after the speedrunners? That's so awesome

Goat Roped: Halo CE: Complete all Halo: CE Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours.
Monopolized: Halo 2: Complete all Halo 2 Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours.
Devastating: Halo 3: Complete all Halo 3 Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours.
You're Joking: Halo 4: Complete all Halo 4 Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours.

KarmaCow

Not impressed with this. They could at least done normal difficulty. Also does not help that Halo 2 SP is the worst of the original trilogy.

Edit: Will still leave it on due to Twitch donation per viewer.

Eh, the co-op only tricks are the most interesting part any way. The combat is hardly ever important in these kind of speed runs.

SamuraiX-

Mono plz
zsJAtBj.png

The chokes.

Goat Roped: Halo CE: Complete all Halo: CE Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours.
Monopolized: Halo 2: Complete all Halo 2 Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours.
Devastating: Halo 3: Complete all Halo 3 Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours.
You're Joking: Halo 4: Complete all Halo 4 Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours.

Holy shit I've never seen that. Really cool of the devs to show the speedrun community some love like that.

sub_WHISTLE must be pretty pissed that they chose the more popular CE runner despite sub's Legendary time being like 5 minutes faster than Goat's lol

Coonce

that may be true, but still.

and 4.5 hours for OoT?
so no glitch run?

It's a 100% run, there will still be plenty of glitches. Last year they did the Any% warp race between Skater and Cosmo.

And I'm pretty sure the incentive got met for Runnerguy to do the child dungeons completely blindfolded.

Revven

and 4.5 hours for OoT?
so no glitch run?

Don't let the time fool you, it's non-stop tricks/glitches -- it's a really good run and the routing is crazy in and of itself.

There will be a glitch exhibition afterwards, though, if you need more glitches. :p

Halo 2 coop can be really fun, a lot more fun then single player IMO.

This run reminds me that in the MCC halo 2 will desync online and ruin the experiance :(

Eh, the co-op only tricks are the most interesting part any way. The combat is hardly ever important in these kind of speed runs.
Yeah, and someone will put them together.
I had to get a car inspection sticker, so best time to take a break.
No offense to the guys!

Grinchy

Banned
pretty boring speedrun, even mono has constantly mentioned how boring all these areas are...haha.

Yeah there are a lot of games I am just not interested enough in for speedruns (despite liking the games themselves). The Halo speedruns are definitely not for me.

Yeah there are a lot of games I am just not interested enough in for speedruns (despite liking the games themselves). The Halo speedruns are definitely not for me.
Yeah and then there are games which are impressive on their own (Level 1 Data Boss Rush run was so hype!) Even if you do not like the game, it is cool to see like Lost Levels.

KarmaCow

It's good to have on in a second monitor or something while doing something else. The runner is explaining everything so I just focus in on it when he's talking about doing something interesting.

Top Bottom