• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

jbpyM6ZSUnMdjG.jpg

Ludovico

Even though I only got to watch a fraction of the runs live, I loved every minute of AGDQ.
Going to watch the archives as I find the time, but for now, just got finished putting down money for the cause.
1 humble bundle for ten bucks, and two of the Yetee shirts (save the animals and bomber's notebook).

HHYYYYYYPPPEE

Xeteh

So I took a shower after RunnerGuy's blindfolded run. That was pretty fucking awesome. I can't imagine the processes that go in to learning something like that much less the memorization and all that. Very cool.

ZFG's run should be fun.

The1Ski

I didn't really know 100% OoT was a "thing". I could see glitchless but I'll give this a try! Not gonna make the whole thing, it's about 1:00am on the east coast.

I didn't really know 100% OoT was a "thing". I could see glitchless but I'll give this a try! Not gonna make the whole thing, it's about 1:00am on the east coast.

Yeah it's crazy how many different categories the OOT community has come up with. Any%, MST, All Dungeons, 100% etc.

Trickster

This might have been asked and answered already. But how do they decide who gets to speedrun a game at an event like this? Cosmos is basically the face of zelda speedrunning, but afaik he hasn't speedrun anything at this event?

Xeteh

This might have been asked and answered already. But how do they decide who gets to speedrun a game at an event like this? Cosmos is basically the face of zelda speedrunning, but afaik he hasn't speedrun anything at this event?

He probably didn't submit an OoT run. He's said he's done with it for the time being.

Velcro Fly

about a month or so after this, they will open up submissions for games (for SGDQ in the summer). you pretty much pitch your game/category along with an estimate and a blurb about why you should run it and possible donation incentives or bid wars.

Cosmo has only played Goldeneye and Smash 4 lately. He just hasn't submitted anything to this GDQ.

In general, everybody can submit runs which are then discussed by a small comitee until there is a final schedule.

Seronei

There's a thread on the Speeddemosarchive's forum where you apply to have your speedrun in the marathon. Cosmo didn't want to do any speedrun this year afaik, else they'd probably let him since he's popular.

Vorpal

Think he said beforehand that he'd be attending but not running. Happy to see him on the couch though

Edit: Mega beaten

Revven

The GDQ organizers make a thread on SDA Forums for people to post their offers sometime after a GDQ. The runner offers their game and category and they give/link a video example of the run. The organizers then compile things into a cutoff list and review through all of them rejecting/accepting runs until they get to a certain amount of hours total for the marathon. Sometimes they may reject one runner because they're not good enough but the game/category could still get in if there's a better runner for it. This process is done well in advance of the event, sometimes before the dates are set. They sometimes also don't finalize the list until really close as some runners may drop out/can't make it and so that pushes the organizers to pick up something from the rejected list instead -- this is how Vanquish got in as Minecraft runners couldn't make it or something.

Cosmo didn't offer anything for this year's AGDQ hence why he didn't do a run.

Top Bottom