• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Velcro Fly

They got the $1 million like moments before the end of the CT run.

The moment of truth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55LHayXLER0

Yeah I found the tracker on the gdq site and it is a million on the tracker.

Still think with humble bundle they are making more this year though. People saying they were over 1.5 million during Metroid? I wasn't listening with sound on during that.

Also it's cute going back to like 2012 and seeing donation incentives at $100 or something haha

Also last year it felt like there was just a huge push from people in attendance on twitter and on screen at the event to really go for the million and this year it's like not there haha. All I'm seeing is pictures of people hanging out or eating or even streaming like the Mario Kart 8 tournament earlier.

Draxyle

Neo Member
So sad they're ending in the middle of the night again, hate missing that.

I still never got around to finishing the last SGDQ archives.. damn this employment.

emb

So was the Super Metroid run good?
It was pretty good, but kind of disappointing. It started as a race between two people, but one guy died on Phantoon (pretty early).

The other guy finished with a nice time. He had several weird slip ups on tiny things, but showed off a nice run overall.

So was the Super Metroid run good?

Yes, here's a sneak peak

sngagn.jpg

It was pretty good, but kind of disappointing. It started as a race between two people, but one guy died on Phantoon (pretty early).

The other guy finished with a nice time. He had several weird slip ups on tiny things, but showed off a nice run overall.
Thanks, I'm going to watch it later today but it seems like this time it wasn't the highlight.
Yes, here's a sneak peak

sngagn.jpg

I guess it's the Phantoon guy lol.

SZips

game was dull

That's a shame. I typically enjoy watching the lesser known games and Indie games ran during these events. I actually prefer them to runs of "classic" games that still take 3+ hours during these events. Hopefully future events won't shy away from those because of a bad game/run here or there.

Did something in particular happen during that run? I didn't get a chance to see it.
The game took forever to set up and there was some audio lag that they could have played through but they fixed it so that added some more dead air time. Game was boring as were the runner and couch crew. They lost a ton of viewers during the run.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Every time I see OoT played now, I realize how badly I want to play the 3DS remake. But there's soo much else in the backlog

Horp

They need more fun, modern games. The dark souls 2 runs were the most hyped imo. FF7 is too slow and irrelevant for todays twitch audience.

Hesemonni

Banned
They need more fun, modern games. The dark souls 2 runs were the most hyped imo. FF7 is too slow and irrelevant for todays twitch audience.
A lot depends on the runner and the people on the couch, but 2hrs+ per run is where it starts to drag for me personally. ~5 hrs of OoT ... yeah, too long. I'm glad there weren't other FF runs besides FF7, which I'm kinda bummed I missed because of family stuff, but will YouTube it later on just to see the Yuffie warping.

CassSept

I feel like the limited public in the room in which they run the game and the restrictions to what they can and can't do drained a lot of excitement from the event. It just feels much more sterile, less fun.

Ferrio

Banned
I feel like the limited public in the room in which they run the game and the restrictions to what they can and can't do drained a lot of excitement from the event. It just feels much more sterile, less fun.

Totally agree, a lot of the "soul" feels gone.

Madao

the room is much bigger than that. they just set it up so that the camera points at a section but the huge crowd is to the side off the camera.

i guess they'll rethink that approach after the feedback is received though.

also, everyone is pretty much dead tired at this point so even if they pointed at the whole crowd, it'd be a lot of people fighting to not fall asleep.

Five

Banned
I've been watching most of this on the VODs, and only "caught up" about an hour ago. Man, I wish I could just skip to the end. Six hours of OoT is so blah. At this point, the only thing that's keeping me entertained is donating and hoping my comments will be read.

CassSept

the room is much bigger than that. they just set it up so that the camera points at a section but the huge crowd is to the side off the camera.

i guess they'll rethink that approach after the feedback is received though.

also, everyone is pretty much dead tired at this point so even if they pointed at the whole crowd, it'd be a lot of people fighting to not fall asleep.

Didn't Chrono Trigger run last year end around the same time? Doesn't really help that there is no reaction at all for the donations, last year near the end was pure hype as donations kept streaming in... this, on the other hand sounds like any other run in the middle of the event. Meh.

Madao

Didn't Chrono Trigger run last year end around the same time? Doesn't really help that there is no reaction at all for the donations, last year near the end was pure hype as donations kept streaming in... this, on the other hand sounds like any other run in the middle of the event. Meh.

no idea why it is so down.

maybe this game is one of those that doesn't look impressive unless you've beaten the game (not sure if CT falls in this category since i haven't played that and i stopped watching AGDQ last year on the second to last run)

Top Bottom