• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Finalow

any good run after sonic adventure?

B6mr_IOCYAAQpUl.jpg:large
"I would really prefer if you'd be quiet, grill"

yetee dropping $14k on the stream.

I kind of wish these giant drops would do what yetee just did and met donation incentives or get bid wars fired up. Imagine if Notch's $10k had gone towards saving the animals.

Sorry for the BibleThump but my mother passed away (follow up to yesterday's post) this morning at around 11.

Let's enjoy some kick ass games and make some money for Cancer Prevention guys :)
My condolences. That must be hard but know that she's in a better place. Hope you can get some enjoyment out of this.

Auctopus

Watched the archive of the Festival of Blood run earlier today. What a fantastic run, great commentary by the actual player whilst he casually sets a WR.

Thaedolus

So cool to see older games getting attention...some of these guys are so much younger than me, I doubt they were born when some of these games came out. The Super Metroid race last year was incredible.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone think running Fzero in one block is overkill? Feels like they should of peppered them around the event. 4+ hours is a lot.

Akai__

Anyone think running Fzero in one block is overkill? Feels like they should of peppered them around the event. 4+ hours is a lot.

Yeah, I feel like it should be splitted into 2 parts. F-Zero is amazing, but it's too much for me.

Edit: That Nintendo callout. lol

TUSR

Banned
I'll be home in a bit to invite people. But anyone in the channel can invite. So hopefully someone already in there can invite you guys.

Jokab

I can't believe they're pushing the PG thing so far. Just catching up on the Mario Kart 64 TASBot race, and at the start of it the announcer says "Runners, I'd like to remind you that this is a PG stream." I mean come on, you have runners do games like Vice City and you expect everyone on stream to not cuss once? It's a bit of a buzzkill, as if the giant screens shielding the audience wasn't enough already.

TUSR

Banned
I can't believe they're pushing the PG thing so far. Just catching up on the Mario Kart 64 TASBot race, and at the start of it the announcer says "Runners, I'd like to remind you that this is a PG stream." I mean come on, you have runners do games like Vice City and you expect everyone on stream to not cuss once? It's a bit of a buzzkill, as if the giant screens shielding the audience wasn't enough already.

Based Grant Kirkhope dropped some bombs on stream. He's a such a beauty.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
He did a 10k yesterday.

Awesome! Not that he's forced to give away all that money, but I imagine he could probably double the total amount of donations and barely notice a difference on his bank account at this point. :)

I stand corrected!
I wonder why he's sticking to 10k specifically though. Some kind of tax reason perhaps?

Foffy

Banned
I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but do the people who donate and say "we can beat this soon" really think we can beat cancer in our lifetimes? That body of illnesses has existed before the human species did. Dinosaurs had cancer!

A lot of the donations have comments like that, and I'm always confused by it. Is it sincere or just feel-goody?

TUSR

Banned
I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but do the people who donate and say "we can beat this soon" really think we can beat cancer in our lifetimes? That body of illnesses has existed before the human species did. Dinosaurs had cancer!

A lot of the donations have comments like that, and I'm always confused by it. Is it sincere or just feel-goody?

Really, it's called being positive.

Foffy

Banned
Really, it's called being positive.

I can get behind positivity. I just worry people getting behind this might think these kind of initiatives are major dents into the body of cancer. If anything, groups like this make treatment and preventive methods more publicly available: they don't eliminate it.

I agree, I want to hear more people admit that we'll probably never find a cure live on camera.

antibolo

Banned

I see it more as a concern at looking more professional than actually being kid-friendly.

Some people would probably just swear constantly if there was no hard rule against it. You know what I'm talking about, we all know at least one person who is like that. Hey remember David Jaffe at the PSX keynote?

Nanashrew

Banned

Well not with that attitude!

yeah I mean why bother raising money or doing anything. Fucking hell.

Top Bottom