• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Blizzard

Banned
I agree, I want to hear more people admit that we'll probably never find a cure live on camera.
To be even more cheerful, when I hear people talking about preventative measures for cancer, I keep thinking about the recent study/news story (assuming it was well-founded) saying that it can just come down to luck whether you get cancer or not. That's a lovely thought.

I would like to believe that being positive and at least trying to make steps in healthy directions are good things on average though.

*edit* And that Big Blue track with the flying is crazy every time. *edit2* It's not jus Big Blue. D:

Kadin

Is there a "must see" of these runs? I can't watch all that much but I'd love to know which ones are the cream of the crop. I remember the Super Metroid race being pretty fun but what others do you guys really look forward to?

Oidisco

Is there a "must see" of these runs? I can't watch all that much but I'd love to know which ones are the cream of the crop. I remember the Super Metroid race being pretty fun but what others do you guys really look forward to?
Of the ones I've seen, Tropical Freeze was amazing and Uncharted was hilariously broken.

Mesoian

There will be a "best of" at the end.

dmr87

Belief in humanity restored.

qklb.png

antibolo

Banned
I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but do the people who donate and say "we can beat this soon" really think we can beat cancer in our lifetimes? That body of illnesses has existed before the human species did. Dinosaurs had cancer!

A lot of the donations have comments like that, and I'm always confused by it. Is it sincere or just feel-goody?

We probably won't "beat" cancer in our lifetimes but if humanity only worked on things that can be solved within a lifetime then we would probably still be hunter gatherers.

What is "soon" anyway? A few lifetimes is not a long time relative to the 3000 years of organized human civilization.

Hesemonni

Banned
There's something about F-Zero speendruns I just can't wrap my head around. The things these guys do at those speeds. Jesus. Hats off!

Kadin

There's something about F-Zero speendruns I just can't wrap my head around. The things these guys do at those speeds. Jesus. Hats off!
That last run my hands were literally sweating after he had to restart. Insane how much skill this requires.

Freki

Sorry for the BibleThump but my mother passed away (follow up to yesterday's post) this morning at around 11.

Let's enjoy some kick ass games and make some money for Cancer Prevention guys :)
I'm sorry for your loss - I hope you are able to handle it as good as the circumstances allow.

Top Bottom