• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Before this run I really thought there was something wrong with the audience or something, like no emotion at all. Hope the runs stay this exciting.

BigAT

Anyone have a list of recommended runs so far? I haven't been able to watch the stream as much as I would like.

You clearly missed TASBOT. Or F-Zero GX. Or 3D Sonic Games.

Amusingly enough, yes to all of that. Started watching right after TASBOT, and went to bed halfway though the first Sonic so missed all of them and F-Zero. GX normally is pretty hype so gonna go back and watch it when this is done with.

". . . it's a color"

"When you play co-op with someone, they will not trust you."

"Pig? . . . it's a horse."

"Then why's it pink?"

"It's a pink horse."

"With a curly tail?"

"It's a pink horse. A pig-shaped pink horse."

Lord Phol

Stamper seems a little too fond of his own voice but other than that I'm impressed they still keeping up with the funz.

Anyone having trouble running the stream on Source, even with good internet? I'm running 50mbps internet and it constantly buffers. High even suffers, although to a lesser extent. Stream seems fine on source after midnight however...

Anyone have a list of recommended runs so far? I haven't been able to watch the stream as much as I would like.

The DKCTF run to start off the event was excellent.
The TASBot block was entertaining as always.
Uncharted
Super Monkey Ball is arguably the most skillful run so far.
Sonic Adventure 2.
And lastly the Fzero block was good as well. I don't think any other vods have been uploaded yet.

Anyone having trouble running the stream on Source, even with good internet? I'm running 50mbps internet and it constantly buffers. High even suffers, although to a lesser extent. Stream seems fine on source after midnight however...

Try hiding your chat.

Also just checked the behemoth's website and they have castle crashers plushes now oh god

Finally got into the BattleBlock Theater run and man, I'm going to have to watch this from the beginning. Also, Burnout 3 being responsible for yet another awesome thing. Thank you Criterion.

Every PJ + MR run is guaranteed to be fun to watch! I wish PJ streamed more often. Also wish he ran SGnG again. I don't care if repeat. The man can put up a good show.

Blizzard

Banned
I liked when one of them thanked the other for waiting on them (so they didn't die or whatever) and they were like, "I had the wrong weapon equipped. It wasn't a courtesy."

i had this problem in the past few months. i believe i tried the chat tip Mister Negative said, but i'm not sure. nowadays, if i want to watch on source, i either use tardsplaya or livestreamer to play it on MPC-HC.

"How did you figure out that peeslosh is an anagram of hopeless?"

"It was a late night . . . and was really drunk. Does that answer your question?"

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not convinced about swimming horses. I looked on YouTube, but most of those horses seem to be touching the ground every once in a while. Darn developers!

Yushi

Man I haven't laugh this much in a speed run. But man this is totally worth it. One of the highlight of the week for sure.

Wish I made it in time to see this run from the beginning but I'll have to watch it later on after it's archived. Love The Behemoth and this has been hilarious and awesome. Makes me want to play Battleblock Theater again. Think I will tomorrow.

More people watching BattleBlock Theater on AGDQ than watching League of Legends and Call of Duty right now. Combined.
I like how humbled they sounded by that. Putting four years of work into a game you hope people will like and enjoy when the CoDs out there sell millions of copies and your game has more viewers with you there and giving commentary. Congrats to them, awesome team, and they deserve it.

I like how humbled they sounded by that. Putting four years of work into a game you hope people will like and enjoy when the CoDs out there sell millions of copies and your game has more viewers with you there and giving commentary. Congrats to them, awesome team, and they deserve it.

Yep, that was nice to see--though I do think they slighly misunderstood what "higher rated on twitch" meant. I think they were thinking a numerical score, not current viewers. But yeah, they seem like some cool dudes.

The1Ski

Wow what a great stream. Genuinely entertaining! LOVED that the devs were involved and good sports! And Broman is a great personality!

That was so good. I had previously thought I would be able to use this 2:45 block to get some rest from watching and get other things done, but I'm glad I stuck around for it. It was probably one of the most entertaining runs so far this AGDQ!

Top Bottom