• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

LeonSPBR

Recipe for Butt Salad:
1 Butt
Add romaine lettuce as desired

God this was an fun run. Congrats to PJ and MechaRicheter and the devs were amazing.

probably the funniest run I've ever watched. Devs were really nice, specially stamper. Nice run all around too. both PJ and MechaRichter were awesome, including the guys on the couch.

That was so good. I had previously thought I would be able to use this 2:45 block to get some rest from watching and get other things done, but I'm glad I stuck around for it. It was probably one of the most entertaining runs so far this AGDQ!

That was my plan as well but that segment was just too good. Gonna have to sneak away sometime before the NES block in a few hours.

Never fails to surprise me how much trouble they have with PC games during these GDQs.

Yeah, like all the delays so far have been from pc problems I think. Either controllers not working right or sounds.

Seems like the stream itself is even down now though, or mine is just fucking up.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Touho broke AGDQ.

B6pBo_UCQAAHC2S.jpg

dreams

If the game was playing fine they should have just made them play.

Nah, some runners really depend on audio cues, etc. in the game. Even though this guy said he didn't necessarily, this is a speedrun. Everything needs to be very precise. Something like the game sound fucking up could throw him off. Even though it's marathon time, people still hope for good runs.

Nah, some runners really depend on audio cues, etc. in the game. Even though this guy said he didn't necessarily, this is a speedrun. Everything needs to be very precise. Something like the game sound fucking up could throw him off. Even though it's marathon time, people still hope for good runs.
Wasn't Duke Nukem played with messed up setting today?

dreams

Wasn't Duke Nukem played with messed up setting today?

I didn't watch Dook, so I can't be sure. If the runner agrees to go with it, then they do, but if the runner wants something fixed, they usually try to fix it.

Also, I feel bad that such a terrible game has to follow BBT's non-stop entertainment.

antibolo

Banned
Wow so much hate for this game, I think it looks fun. We rarely get to see doujin games outside of Japan.

Maybe not the best speedrun game though, I'll admit.

dreams

z2MeEVp.png

Do you hate fun?

If that is "fun" then yes.

The only reason people wore costumes and brought shit into the stream room was to draw attention to themselves. In this case, I'm assuming the runner planned the costumes with them, so even though it was annoying, I think this certain case was okay.

I think the rule is you can bring/wear stuff if you speak with the runner about it, but I could be mistaken.

McNum

I kind of want to see an actual Touhou game at one of these things, though. Those games have the craziest bosses, would be fun to see those live.

Wow so much hate for this game, I think it looks fun. We rarely get to see doujin games outside of Japan.

Yeah, delays aside and how awkward the people talking sound, this isn't a bad looking game to watch.

Oh my god, this gif is hilarious. I hadn't seen this. Go Mike.

And yeah, goddamn plushies and costumes are thankfully banned this year. There was so much butthurt over it too.

I agree that it was hilarious, but more because the guy was being a total ass. All the bans on things are kinda shitty, even if it makes things look more professional. Was kind of the character of certain runs, and part of the fandom of certain games.

antibolo

Banned
If that is "fun" then yes.

The only reason people wore costumes and brought shit into the stream room was to draw attention to themselves. In this case, I'm assuming the runner planned the costumes with them, so even though it was annoying, I think this certain case was okay.

I think the rule is you can bring/wear stuff if you speak with the runner about it, but I could be mistaken.

Drawing attention at a charity marathon is a bad thing??

Top Bottom