• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

jett

D-Member
Usually TASers look at memory addresses of data in the game. When they find a buffer overflow exploit (the game accidentally writing data that doesn't fit into where they're trying to write it thus letting you write data into the adjacent piece of memory) they figure out by trial and error the ways to manipulate what is written into the adjacent memory in order to achieve a desired result.

2complicated4me

Thanks for the explanation!

Added.

--

Anyone who has a Twitch account can be invited to the group chat on Twitch. Just make sure you look at the top left corner of the chat screen for a little red box with a 1 in it to accept and join!

I see the red box but when I click it doesn't show an invite

The1Ski

Watched the Battleblock Theater run, it was the one I was most excited for. Man, having Stamper and Paladin watching the run was awesome.

This was a wildly entertaining run! Between the super skilled runners, dev participation, and Broman commentary, it was well-worth the almost 3 hours!

so this cloud thing wasn't discovered/put into use in real time until 6 months ago? so, nearly 25 years after the release of the game?

man, speedrun tech is crazy

McNum

Isn't that cloud thing a variant of the TAS glitch runs? They managed to get that done in realtime? That's scarily impressive.

Top Bottom