• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

That was Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones last year where the RNG just did not want to cooperate, rolling implausible low stats for the player characters.

Hopefully, Fire Emblem will be redeemed this year. Wonder which one it will be. I hope it's Path of Radiance, but Radiant Dawn would be nice, too.

that was because the FE8 runner didn't want to RNG abuse because *reasons*

luckily Radiant Dawn is pretty reliable even without RNG abuse
inb4 the Path of Radiance transfer is botched

that was because the FE8 runner didn't want to RNG abuse because *reasons*

luckily Radiant Dawn is pretty reliable even without RNG abuse
inb4 the Path of Radiance transfer is botched

Tellius Fire Emblem are less RNG based than the GBA game IMO Since there are more options and possibilities. You also get more reliable characters in both games

Tellius Fire Emblem are less RNG based than the GBA game IMO Since there are more options and possibilities. You also get more reliable characters in both games

hey man, what if the game trolls and decides to give Jill a string of +HP and/or +luck levels only :p

also that's your 300th post, aren't you supposed to be a member now

Tommy DJ

RD is the more interesting speedrun. Outside the first few chapters where you need
Edward
to carry you, there isn't a lot that is actually run ending from the top of my head.

I'm making the assumption that the Grim isn't a scrub who does a Fire Emblem game with close to zero preparation.

What already 300 posts ? Didn't even know that we become a member this way lol

Meanwhile, New Super Mario Bros Speedrun is incredibly boring, not because of the speedrunner but the game itself :/

Delio

So ready for the Fire emblem run! I'm staying up just to watch that I SO wish I could donate for the FE bundle tho :/

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
In both Tellius games (moreso Radiant Dawn), you get some pretty absurd pre-promotes, plus there's the bonus xp.

Awakening should also be a doable speedrunning game, but I think it'd be so easy that it's not interesting anymore(assuming casual/easy).

Pretty sure your account needs to be at least 3 months old as well.

With Awakening, a proper Avatar/Chrom pairing can solo(duo) pretty much the entire game barring lunatic.

RD is the more interesting speedrun. Outside the first few chapters where you need
Edward
to carry you, there isn't a lot that is actually run ending from the top of my head.

I'm making the assumption that the Grim isn't a scrub who does a Fire Emblem game with close to zero preparation.
don't worry, he runs both games well :p
Awakening should also be a doable speedrunning game, but I think it'd be so easy that it's not interesting anymore(assuming casual/easy).

Pretty sure your account needs to be at least 3 months old as well.
Awakening WR is ~40 minutes, but it's just "get Robin Galeforce ASAP and solo" so it's super boring
Since this is FE we're talking about I can only assume your preference is based on the waifu selection in the games.
/s
well if that's the case RD wins by default due to having all of PoR's characters unless you just hate Micaiah that much or something :p

Isn't RD longer? Looking at SDA PoR has a 2.5hr record whereas RD has a WR of 3:13 and it's segmented.
RD is longer by ~30 minutes (SDA is ancient dude) but moves at a significantly faster pace, those PoR map animations are just super slow

Awakening speedrun will be fast yet incredibly boring. No strategy involved and a lot of black screen (to skip cutscenes and enemy phase).

Besides, any of you here can do a speedrun of this game, it's so easy. It can be a little bit more interesting on lunatic mode but still, 80% of the game consist of the Avatar destroying everything.

Awakening speedrun will be fast yet incredibly boring. No strategy involved and a lot of black screen (to skip cutscenes and enemy phase).

Besides, any of you here can do a speedrun of this game, it's so easy. It can be a little bit more interesting on lunatic mode but still, 80% of the game consist of the Avatar destroying everything.

can confirm, got sub 1:05 my first attempt and I'm pretty sure I severely fucked up the strategy

better than FE11 though aka "Marth's morning jog through Archanea"

can confirm, got sub 1:05 my first attempt and I'm pretty sure I severely fucked up the strategy

better than FE11 though aka "Marth's morning jog through Archanea"

Don't remind me of the lifeless husk of a game that was Shadow Dragon.

I made a choice back then between buying Shadow Dragon or Chrono Trigger DS, I chose wrong.

Top Bottom