• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Best Twitch chat is TwitchGAF chat.

Shaun-Of-The-Dead-Cheers.gif

The1Ski

Every once in awhile I leave theater mode to check out the viewer count and I don't close the chat window right away. I know, it's my own fault!

It's still pathetic and annoying.

Just glad the GAF exists!

P.S. mitchflowerpower is my new fave!

MayMay

Banned
Oh wow I had it on my second screen and missed what was happening - just heared everyone cheering. What happened? lol

Raw64life

I watched that guy on Twitch when he was practicing it one day and he was failing constantly. Pretty cool to see him pull it of first try.

nynt9

How do people figure this shit out? I don't understand.

Usually TASers look at memory addresses of data in the game. When they find a buffer overflow exploit (the game accidentally writing data that doesn't fit into where they're trying to write it thus letting you write data into the adjacent piece of memory) they figure out by trial and error the ways to manipulate what is written into the adjacent memory in order to achieve a desired result.

Usually TASers look at memory addresses of data in the game. When they find a buffer overflow exploit (the game accidentally writing data that doesn't fit into where they're trying to write it thus letting you write data into the adjacent piece of memory) they figure out by trial and error the ways to manipulate what is written into the adjacent memory in order to achieve a desired result.

Sockfolder does a lot of this on his streams, he was one of the people involved in figuring out the OOT "Ganon Door" warp that cut the any% record to sub-30 minutes.

dhlt25

wow that sounds incredibly time consuming. I remembered doing some buffer overflow homework and hated it.

So it's nerd sorcery

Cavalier

Banned

I love nerds.

Top Bottom