• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

dreams

I really like when people explain the strats they're doing and the reasoning behind it like these guys, as opposed to the people who just talk about how hard a trick is.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Fatman can be a huge annoyance if you let him plant more than 2 bombs. It's very likely a player will lose if that happens on this difficulty.

Platy

They had a much stronger opening this year in terms of high energy games (all of the races were really close, for example), which I think has helped bring the donations in. I think it's a bit better donation-wise than last year at this time (could be remembering wrong), but tomorrow is kind of a weak day in terms of lineup, so we'll see. It typically slows down middle of week (Wednesday is traditionally the slowest donation day) and then ramps up again on Thursday/Friday with the hypest runs (and especially the kill/save animals coming to a close).

It is hard to compare because this year not only it will have the Switch direct but the Treehouse stream from switch games =/

Loved Harrier fight and lol at that jump. I know I've tried that before in my previous playthroughs and have gotten it like once, but took like 50+ tries.

Platy

I am broken ... shall sleep to be alive for the indie game stuff tomorrow morning ... heard good things about New Super Hook Girl

The iframe dodging on the Harrier missiles was *insane* to witness. I thought it was bad in the Fortune fight but hoo boy. How are you supposed to beat some of these fights without blatantly exploting some of these things?

Sub_Level

A safer strat for the Harrier missiles is to just crouch in the top of the map (top meaning nearest to Shell 2). There is a corner where if you crouch, they have a very very low chance of hitting Raiden.

The iframe dodging on the Harrier missiles was *insane* to witness. I thought it was bad in the Fortune fight but hoo boy. How are you supposed to beat some of these fights without blatantly exploting some of these things?

The intended way to beat Fortune is to just get good and dodge :p

As far as Harrier goes, for its machine gun you can use a box on bottom floor for cover. It will then go to other side, so you have to run to other side of box.

Sub_Level

One cool detail is bullet travel time. if you shoot your sniper at a faraway target, it won't hit if it's moving. You have to anticipate its movement a little.

MGSV took this a small step further with bullets actually dropping gradually with distance.

Aku-Audi

Is there usually this much blatant racism in the chats? I usually just stream fullscreen on TV, but checking this out at the desktop and...damn. Really sad to see this sort of behavior.

DNAbro

It empties out at this time of night. It's 11:30pm where they are.

It's 11:30 here too lol. I just find it odd. I was at least expecting people to stay for this run.

Is there usually this much blatant racism in the chats? I usually just stream fullscreen on TV, but checking this out at the desktop and...damn. Really sad to see this sort of behavior.

Welcome to any twitch chat with a big audience.

KarmaCow

I wish that old rumour of Konami putting the MGS Legacy collection on PC panned out. It would be nice to have everything in one place.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I really like when people explain the strats they're doing and the reasoning behind it like these guys, as opposed to the people who just talk about how hard a trick is.

This is really well said, never put my thoughts into words about it like that.

dreams

It's 11:30 here too lol. I just find it odd. I was at least expecting people to stay for this run.

Welcome to any twitch chat with a big audience.

This is off topic, but nice avatar! OneShot is such a good game.

This is really well said, never put my thoughts into words about it like that.

Oh, thanks - I'm glad it made sense. I was struggling with how to word it properly.

DNAbro

This is off topic, but nice avatar! OneShot is such a good game.

Oh, thanks - I'm glad it made sense. I was struggling with how to word it properly.

I know right? People should play OneShot.

Everyone in this thread should play OneShot.

neshcom

Banned
Technically, if GW ordered the Ray's they're above the law! If the Patriots do it, it isn't illegal.

Hey-hey, Carci subbing in for some button mashing!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Beat hardest fight in the game flawlessly

Cheat by passing the controller to ur bro so he can mash a button for you

Ok.

Vibranium

Banned
Great run Jaguar! I had to laugh at him passing the controller to Carci for the button mashing.

RE0 time after the Devil May Cry run. I guess Carcinogen won't be on the couch for that one unfortunately.

jondy1703

Neo Member
Caught the end of Jaguar King's MGS2 EE run and wish they would've shown his rank. Does anyone know if he would've gotten Big Boss ranking?

xuchu

Just caught the run post arsenal gear. Great stuff. That 20 ray fight was intense and almost turned into esports like commentary. lol at ma boi carcinogen subbing in for the chokehold, is he doing any resident evil runs this Agdq? Gotta watch the archive. Really good run.

Sub_Level

Beat hardest fight in the game flawlessly

Cheat by passing the controller to ur bro so he can mash a button for you

Ok.

And it's the PS3 version. The button mashing is much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much easier than the PS2 version on euro extreme.

Caught the end of Jaguar King's MGS2 EE run and wish they would've shown his rank. Does anyone know if he would've gotten Big Boss ranking?

Nope. He had at least 2 continues and I believe at least 1 kill.

Top Bottom