• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

neshcom

Banned
Caught the end of Jaguar King's MGS2 EE run and wish they would've shown his rank. Does anyone know if he would've gotten Big Boss ranking?

Nah, the audio issues meant he had to do a couple continues. He was probably okay on alerts and seemed like he did good on kills. He mentioned a couple specific walkway pushes weren't actually counted and it seemed like he had kills before doing one of those continues.

edit: Yay, more Carci commentating!

RetroMG

Damn, that was too good. Great job, Jaguar King!

Hopefully these puns will go away now.

Hey, be thankful it's not the Waluigi "WAAAAAA" from SGDQ.

My baby girl makes the Waluigi Waaaa noise sometimes when she cries. It always makes me laugh.

Lotta y'all getting invited into AGDQ chat and being Silent Susies...join the fun! I expect to see more of y'all talking tomorrow (when I am there and conscious).

The DMC1 run is a tiny bit disappointing. The last run of this game (the DMD itemless run in 2011 or so) was way more interesting; this one just kind of devolves into item spamming a lot. I guess character action games aren't super conducive to speedrunning, though, so it's understandable.

Ricitor

Oh damn, I completely forgot this was going down. Only missed about 10 games so not the worst. A real shame no bonesaw577 this time but I'm sure someone else will take the handle of early morning train wreck.

Also, an invite to the chat would be much appreciated. User Name: Ricitor

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
In for the horror block as well, I actually find this selection of horror games very interesting. They're kind of like the 'off-beat' entries with a pretty big split of people liking them and disliking them.

RE0 with Wesker Mode has the potential to be amazing due to Wesker's OP abilities that makes him perfect for speed-running, but since Wesker Mode is new in the HD release which is only now almost a year old, I'm curious how a speed runner could use him well.

Silent Hill 4 I adore, it's one of the most divisive games in the entries, but I have never watched a speed run for it.

In my humble opinion, F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point is the horror (not action) high-point of the franchise, it was an expansion for the original game and I think though a bit rougher had much better horror elements.

Vibranium

Banned
Nice to see Carcinogen here too, I wish he was doing a run, but oh well, maybe in the summer. Wesker is very overpowered haha.

Caim

Really interesting run, I've never seen any type of RE0 speedrun before.

Looking forward to Silent Hill as well.

Dusk Golem

This run is actually really impressive if you've played RE0. The thing I'm most impressed by is controlling the partner character with the second stick when they're off camera, that can be tricky to manage but he's obviously practiced when and where is the best spot to control both characters at once.

Jumping back in here late to this but I've been waiting for this block. I do have a doctor's appointment in the morning but whatever, it is AGDQ. Wanted to watch Hitman before going to bed but it might be too late for that now. We'll see what happens.

Bl@de

How sad. I'm sick today so no work. What to do, what to do? Survival horror GDQ you say? :p Finally going to see that live. Missed it the past couple times. And RE0 is great because I just finished the remaster myself.

Not really sad

Dusk Golem

Excited for the Silent Hill 4: The Room run, I've never seen this game run and curious how certain segments will be tackled.

Bl@de

Excited for the Silent Hill 4: The Room run, I've never seen this game run and curious how certain segments will be tackled.

Same here. SH1-3 and classic RE are the usual runs so it's great to see another Game. Would also love to see the more recent SH games like Downpour.

Dusk Golem

Same here. SH1-3 and classic RE are the usual runs so it's great to see another Game. Would also love to see the more recent SH games like Downpour.

I would love to see some of the others sped run, SH4 I also like quite a bit so interested to see how a run goes. Especially since I imagine such a run has some challenging bits with the ghosts, your room, some of the tricky areas of the game, etc.

Same here. Hope there's some entertaining commentary too.

It's apparently being run by AnEternalEnigma, I am terrible with names so even if I knew who that was I wouldn't know, but googling it seems they're relatively unknown but definitely a horror enthusiast as most stuff related to them is Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and some other horror game related, so I can appreciate that.

It's apparently being run by AnEternalEnigma, I am terrible with names so even if I knew who that was I wouldn't know, but googling it seems they're relatively unknown but definitely a horror enthusiast as most stuff related to them is Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and some other horror game related, so I can appreciate that.
Oh, nice. I'm always down to discover new runners and lovers of horror. The only SH runner I'm familiar with is San_Gillespie. She's pretty chill and while I do like that, it being late and all right now, I'd like someone who can bring the energy up.

Here we go.

Bl@de

I have a feeling that this will be a very fun stream. I like the thick accent and nWo sweatshirt :D

Edit: Arrgh, no vsync and strafing is driving me nuts

Dusk Golem

Wow, already there's several things about SH4 I didn't know. XD; The sliding walk and using distance glitches to activate things early.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Really enjoying this AnEternalEnigma fellow and his SH4 run. The commentary is way better than what we got for 0 as well.

That scream timing was great. This man is a winner.

Really enjoying this AnEternalEnigma fellow and his SH4 run. The commentary is way better than what we got for 0 as well.

That scream timing was great. This man is a winner.
Agreed. Much more lively group here unlike the RE0 run. That scream timing was great, indeed.

Takashi

I know very little of Silent Hill so never planned to watch this run, but the guy seems pretty chipper and has some fun commentary.

Just recovering after magfest. What a good week this is for not getting any gaming done myself because of gaming events. What are some good segments that have gone by so far?

Top Bottom