• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

Xeteh

I missed that. There was a Shovel Knight run a couple GDQs back that had developer commentary with it that was amazing. Gonna have to check out the race.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This has been a very fun run even if a few patches of really bad luck/really good luck. But it's a fun run. All the commentators are quite charming and seeing SH4 fast is quite interesting.

This has been a very fun run even if a few patches of really bad luck/really good luck. But it's a fun run. All the commentators are quite charming and seeing SH4 fast is quite interesting.
I agree. I like to see when a runner can make light of mistakes and failed skips. I like how they're still explaining how they work even when it goes wrong. Enjoyable run.

Dusk Golem

Really enjoyed the SH4 run!

F.E.A.R. Extraction is actually my favorite thing that came out of the whole franchise, so interested to see how this run goes even though we'll definitely be missing out on a lot of the hidden scenes.

Aikidoka

Yeah that was an awesome run to watch.

Edit
SH4 looks like it has some interesting concepts but overall seems to have a pretty poor design choices. Enigma saying it has ties to SH2 makes me want to give it a shot.

Dreavus

Caught the last 30 minutes or so, good run!

It's always funny seeing the chat reaction to the various monsters and fucked up looking enemies in horror games while the runner just talks about how he's going to get past them, lol.

Dusk Golem

AWWWW C'MON.

Audio is really jacked up here. Game and runner are quiet, but guy on the couch is super loud. XD;

Chirotera

Banned
Borong/bad commentary on what could be an otherwise awesome run really bums me out 😒

ROLLING DEEP!

hahaha, so funny man, hahaha. He says stuff really loudly and keeps repeating it, hahaha, wooo.

Seriously though, why do they allow this kind of crap at all? Have they learned nothing from past events?

Bl@de

Great game. Ruined by some idiot on the couch who thinks it's funny to shout the same phrases over and over. Why don't they mute him?

Shame Hitman is technically any % by aiming for silent assassin now as the people found the body in the last second in the opera house. Still I really like the accidents and how ridiculous some of them are.

Twitch's finest moment

70k9oh3.png
I always prefer when it happens during the awful games done quick block. But last I checked about 20% of all twitch viewers are watching AGDQ.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I hope season two of Hitman was some more of the novelty/landmark locations like Blood Money.

Carl

Turing Test was enjoyable.

Can't believe how many times he had to ask what donation incentive won. Shouldn't they have that up and ready for him? Unorganised.

Accoun

Can't believe how many times he had to ask what donation incentive won. Shouldn't they have that up and ready for him? Unorganised.

Yeah. I rarely watch GDQ runs of the games that don't interest me so I don't know how often things like that happen, but this and the MGS2 sound problems were pretty embarrassing.

MaxiLive

I think a lot of the time the organisers are kinda zoning out the commentary so they miss them asking questions unless it is very direct. Plus it's like 3 in the morning over there? Cut them some slack.

It was super awkward when the guy was like should I just check on my phone?!

brainslug

Just watched the VOD for SH 4: The Room run. Very interesting run with great runner and good commentary.

Will watch the VODs of Shovel Knight, MGS2 and Mega Man race later today.

Carl

I think a lot of the time the organisers are kinda zoning out the commentary so they miss them asking questions unless it is very direct. Plus it's like 3 in the morning over there? Cut them some slack.

It was super awkward when the guy was like should I just check on my phone?!

Oh yeah i know it's late there and stuff. But like you said, that was super awkward. I just thought one of the people dealing with donations would have the incentives up at the start of the run.

MaxiLive

Oh yeah i know it's late there and stuff. But like you said, that was super awkward. I just thought one of the people dealing with donations would have the incentives up at the start of the run.

They tend to keep them going until when they are needed in the run but they usually do a better job of listening out for the runner giveing them the heads up the incentive is about to happen. Plus it seems like whatever they are using is really slow to update sometimes.

I think in this case none of the organisers actually heard what the guy was asking until he made eye contact with them and they started to refresh the incentive to get his answer.

Top Bottom