• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

AwShucks

Three times have I been sold on a game after seeing a run. Battleblock Theater (for the comedy really), Momodora and now Salt and Sanctuary (will wait for Vita).

dickroach

this is art
i dont think ive ever seen a monkey ball run before. it's very impressive

what's with the pausing thing? where he'll hit pause like 3 times real quick and then keep going? i got it on mute

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
this is art

what's with the pausing thing? where he'll hit pause like 3 times real quick and then keep going? i got it on mute

On ones where there's timing, he's trying to start rolling at the exact moment he needs to. Others I think are to make sure that he's lined up correctly.

KayMote

Yeah, SMB speedruns are always impressive - it's probably THE speedrun that I point to when I try to show my friends what a good speedrun looks like, since you don't even need to have played the game yourself to be able to see how skilled the player must be to beat this quickly.

Could I get an invite to the chat? TheNormalMan

Edit: Since Twitch group chats are kind of confusing, once you get an invite, refresh your page and click the menu icon in the top-left corner of chat. It should have a red badge on it.

Scroll all the way down to "PENDING INVITATIONS" and you should see an invite to the NeoGAF room.

Edit 2:

People I've invited:
- TheNormalMan
- Cirerus
- TheLuigi87
- atomskhan

That Yetee donation! Well done.

This runner does need to chill a bit. So this game [insert something bad]. Make light of it dude, this is supposed to be fun.

I stopped listening to this guy as soon as he said this was probably the worst game on Gamecube. Someone hasn't played Charlie's Angels.

68a.jpg

Mr Driller DS will still remain the worst run for "this game is terrible" but mainly because the game isn't a good run in the slightest.

Any standout runs I should check out? Super Monkey Ball perhaps?
I felt Ocarina of Time 3D had brilliant commentary and some interesting glitches.

Hitman: Blood Money is a fun watch though I think the last time it ran was better.

Crayolan

this is art

On some levels the goalpost is constantly in motion so they try to time it just right so that when they start moving they will collide with the goalpost just by holding forward.

Is there a Super monkey ball HD collection or something? Those games look fun :D

Unfortunately not. The closest thing may be playing Super Monkey Ball Deluxe via Backwards Compatibility on a 360, and even then it's technically not in HD and has some minor emulation issues.

This is painful.

Like, this guy needs someone behind him who has a little charisma to help explain what's happening in more detail.

Top Bottom