• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

bigkrev

wow, this is already the biggest disappointment of 2017.

This was my most hyped run, and it's just... Tetris. Not the mindblowing stuff from the past AGDQs

Crayolan

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Really wish they would enable sub-only chat for big event streams like this. What reason is there ever to let the memekids spam?

I don't see it mentioned in here, but the Kalimba run from earlier today was absolutely amazing. Very much worth watching.

Excited for Blaster Master and NG Pacifist races and then NG2 Pacifist. This is a good block.

Kumubou

Super Monkey Ball Adventure: Runner spends the entire time complaining about the game. Recommendation: Skip
To be fair, this game really is absolute garbage. I don't even know why they bothered scheduling it. It sucks ass and it probably killed the entire series (to be fair, I doubt Sega had any idea what to do with it at that point) and the TT Super Monkey Ball games will always put Travelers Tales in a negative light for me.

WHAT THE F??!?!?
Missing stage 2 boss is blowing my mind.
The boss knew what was coming and just got the hell out of dodge.

That was definitely one of the weirdest "That's never happened" moments I can remember seeing, geez.

RetroMG

I'd like to be invited to GAF chat. (If I'm not there already - I have a room I can't identify)

Username is GafiaGames

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yes, I'm sure it is fun for certain kinds of people to type racist and sexist comments on the internet, but that doesn't mean it should be encouraged.
It's fun to cheer on great runs and be surprised, amazed and experience some part of the event.

Shame about this run (Adventure Island) schedule, not many people seeing it.
The player really is cool about explaining everything.

FAKE EDIT: He even said that the part he was playing was slow and thus was a good part to talk about the donations... which were none and he was answered with nothing more than silence :(

dropkickpikachu

Neo Member
Yeah the Adventure Island runner was great both in his performance and his commentary/demeanor. Bummer about the last minute password necessity.

Jhoan

I didn't even know that Adventure Island 4 [/I ]existed! That game came out so late in the NES' life. Solid run all around with great commentary. It's a shame he lost his pterodactyl and had to do the password but he was a champ about it the whole time.

The Decap Attack run was pretty good as well with good commentary. My brother has Sonic's Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection and he's never beat the game. I never did beat Sparkster either so it was great to see someone blaze through it.

Tansut

I didn't even know that Adventure Island 4 [/I ]existed! That game came out so late in the NES' life. Solid run all around with great commentary. It's a shame he lost his pterodactyl and had to do the password but he was a champ about it the whole time.

The Decap Attack run was pretty good as well with good commentary. My brother has Sonic's Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection and he's never beat the game. I never did beat Sparkster either so it was great to see someone blaze through it.
Adventure Island 4 never got a North American release. But to be fair at that late date I don't blame Hudson or NoA for not bothering. Apparently AI4 is the last officially released game for the Famicom.

Top Bottom