• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

izakq

This Super Metroid Rotation run is really fun to watch. No way I could play this, as my wall jumping technique is crap.

Coonce

Are the people on the couch other runners of the same game?

Always surprised at the variety of games. Like who would think to speed run new vegas

I think it's a mix of both

like if I sat and watched someone speedrun a game all the time, I would know most of the game even if I never played it.

I could be totally wrong and talking out of my ass though.

linko9

Bad idea to start these runs so far ahead of time. They're about an hour and a half ahead of time right now, and if they keep this up, there are gonna be a lot of people who tune in to see the mario races today and find that they already missed them.

Duckfist's past runs for Rockman Minus Infinity and...that...other one I can't remember the name of were more entertaining than 90% of the regular Mega Man runs. I don't see why Romhacks can't be a good time.

linko9

is there a reason why they turn off vsync in most PC games?

the tearing is so bad

Vsync adds input lag, I think one frame, though I may be wrong. Also what we see getting captured and what they see on the monitor in the room won't be quite the same; if they have a proper monitor set-up, they won't see tearing.

Well the New Vegas run was a lot of fun, but I'm looking at the schedule and after today I'm not really seeing any group of must-watches until Saturday...Tuesday might have been too stacked.

pslong009

Neo Member
Bad idea to start these runs so far ahead of time. They're about an hour and a half ahead of time right now, and if they keep this up, there are gonna be a lot of people who tune in to see the mario races today and find that they already missed them.

They seem on-time to me, though they could be updating the schedule in real-time. The schedule tells me that New Vegas was supposed to start at 2:14 PM Eastern, the run finished at 2:40 PM Eastern and took 24 minutes.

Edit: Actually, looking at the schedule, looks like they are updating it in real-time. My apologies.

Edit2: Yeah, you're right. Did they skip their setup block this afternoon? http://www.roguesportal.com/awesome-games-done-quick-2017-tuesday-schedule/

fl0w

Pretty sure the schedule adjusts starting time based on how long earlier segments are reported. So better take a look at the schedule throughout the day if there's something you really don't wanna miss.

linko9

Pretty sure the schedule adjusts starting time based on how long earlier segments are reported. So better take a look at the schedule throughout the day if there's something you really don't wanna miss.

Yeah, just a shame that that makes it impossible to plan around your schedule even a day in advance.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
SHODAN shot down the stream
KuGsj.gif

jett

D-Member
wtf this super metroid rotation shit wasn't on the schedule, i missed it live :<

edit: apparently it is on the schedule?? :< I dunno how I missed it.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
wtf this super metroid rotation shit wasn't on the schedule, i missed it live :<

edit: apparently it is on the schedule?? :< I dunno how I missed it.

It was a Setup Block, they don't show what it is on the schedule until it starts

Crayolan

They update the schedule over time to account for runs ending early/going over time. If you're planning to tune in to a run at a specific time, be sure to keep checking the schedule for updates.

They seem on-time to me, though they could be updating the schedule in real-time. The schedule tells me that New Vegas was supposed to start at 2:14 PM Eastern, the run finished at 2:40 PM Eastern and took 24 minutes.

Edit: Actually, looking at the schedule, looks like they are updating it in real-time. My apologies.

Edit2: Yeah, you're right. Did they skip their setup block this afternoon? http://www.roguesportal.com/awesome-games-done-quick-2017-tuesday-schedule/

"Setup Block" actually means unannounced donation incentive run. Super Metroid Rotation was the setup block for today.

Lukemon

Descent 2 run was amazing. Also, Lumpy Space Princess is apparently really good at Daikatana. Hyped for the SMB race, and intrigued to see some Doom tech first...

Top Bottom