• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Blue Shift is sooo much worse than HL1 and Opposing Force. It still manages to have a few fans though.

Sub_Level

I havent finished Doom yet, but I really want to watch the run, I hope theres nothing majorly spoilery in it, they usually go so fast you cant see the story stuff anyway :)

Well it's gonna show all 3 bosses.

But otherwise it has a lot of pretty badass boosts to gain insane height.

telasoman

Well it's gonna show all 3 bosses.

But otherwise it has a lot of pretty badass boosts to gain insane height.

I've only done the first boss so far. I'm sure the other two are in some way related to the older games, so can't be that big of a spoiler.

I'll just watch it.

Lukemon

I missed Fallout New Vegas and System Shock 2 and Daikatana aieee

Is the VOD up yet for these?

Nope - they seem to be running a little slow in terms of VODs. I hoped to come in from work and catch up on the Metroid block but those still aren't up yet either.

200 FPS wat

MOEfsak.png

Kadin

I always wonder with stuff like clipping through doors, do they just think it's a possibility and try and try and try until it happens, or does someone do it by accident? Because how many other spots could you in theory clip through?

Sub_Level

The rail boosting has something to do with FPS. The runner needs very high fps.

Glory kill skips seem pretty self explanatory. But they ain't necessarily easy...

Xater

The rail boosting has something to do with FPS. The runner needs very high fps.

Glory kill skips seem pretty self explanatory. But they ain't necessarily easy...

Oh if course, but as soon as he did e first glory kill skip Inthought it makes perfect sense. You get locked into an animation that ignored geometry. Of course you can use that to get through stuff.

Edit: Holy shit that is some extreme clipping abuse. Always love those.

Kadin

Wow. That was a crazy glitch section to navigate through. With no instant save/load states, I can't imagine how long that took to figure out.

Xater

So is the rail boosting what requires the high fps?

Just wondering if that stuff works in the console version as well. I also think they never said if this is unpatched.

God the audio mixing has been AWFUL this AGDQ... It's already been a couple days so far so I'd have thought the audio guys would have figured things out...

Top Bottom