• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

Lulubop

40 year old gamer here (GamerDad), hey listen, the chat is moving so fast that it’s giving me a headache. This is really starting to TICK me off… Let’s cool it a bit, ok?

BasicMath

I'm not a fan of this commentary and I usually love Blechy's commentary.

Maybe it's because this is a race and it's not a good fit for it or maybe it's just the fact that it's a non-stop monologue. It'd be much better if it was a duo commentating on the run.

its not like we don't know about these strats from last year or if you follow speed runs
if you know the talking heads name then you already heard his knowledge

I would not be able to play with him talking

Anoxida

Don't know why ppl hate on it, it's great to hear his knowledge.

It wasnt too bad. Think he couldve taken a bit more time to breathe though. Jhobz did something similar with the shovel knight race but his play-by-play was much better than blechy's.

its not like we don't know about these strats from last year or if you follow speed runs
if you know the talking heads name then you already heard his knowledge

I would not be able to play with him talking

Uh...because only people who follow speedrunning or watched last year tuned in this year, right?

Clearly the players could play with him talking. You weren't the one there doing the run. They asked for him to be on the couch.

Prefer the commentary to silence.

Great race!

Brashnir

So it seems like Darbian holds all the major SMB1 records?

yeah, he's pretty good at Mario.

Super Mario Bros.

any% (4:56.878)
Warpless (19:04.38)
Minus World ending (2:35.255)
any% (All-Stars) (5:02.89)
Warpless (All-Stars) (19:59.55)

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels

any% 8-4 (Mario) (8:00.15 w/out loads)
any% 8-4 (SNES, Mario) (8:16.95)
Warpless 8-4 (22:20.52 w/out loads)
any% D-4 (Mario) (14:19.21)

Super Mario World

all switches, no cape (23:17)
all switches, small only/no yoshi (26:43)

Brashnir

that 4-2 wrong-warp is the hardest trick in the game. surprised 2 of them got it.

edit - all three with andrew on the third attempt.

Tukker

It wasnt too bad. Think he couldve taken a bit more time to breathe though. Jhobz did something similar with the shovel knight race but his play-by-play was much better than blechy's.
Yea I think he was trying to give too much information in too little time :).

BasicMath

Big john!!!!!!!!!! Thought he was banned?

This commentary is going to be legendary...
Not banned it's just that his 2 games are Golf and Lost Levels. Golf always gets rejected and Lost Levels was on break for the last few GDQs.

Bluegrass not there again?
I haven't heard the laugh yet. Then again, it has been getting harder and harder to hear. There's lots of people at the event these days.

Anoxida

I don't think he was ever banned. His games just hadn't been chosen in the past few GDQs.

Wait no im.pretty sure he was. After his last run didnt he show a game before going off stream? Pissed off the staff since they thought he was tryingg to put pressure on the staff to.chose it for the next event.

Wait no im.pretty sure he was. After his last run didnt he show a game before going off stream? Pissed off the staff since they thought he was tryingg to put pressure on the staff to.chose it for the next event.

Nope, he never was banned. His runs were just not picked. I think he was on the couch last AGDQ, and I believe he was going to be in the Mario Maker run during SGDQ last year, but got sick and couldn't attend.

Top Bottom