• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

TheChits

Every Mega Man has been run countless times over the last 5 years, including 4. Not sure when it was run last off the top of my head though.

Speaking of which, I missed the Legends run yesterday, was it any good? I've been following BlueMetal and his world record runs of 1 and 2 so I was looking forward to it, but I assumed it'd be part of the Mega Man block. Really confused why Legends and MM1 weren't part of the block, but MN9 was.

It was very good. The runner clearly loved the game which made for some great commentary

Alrus

embarassed-for-u.gif

bigkrev

lol this glitch

Im glad this run happened even if i never want to speak or think about it again?

"This run is dedicated to all the anime fans out there. Don't let the trailer tell you you can't get a date, if you work hard you can get one! Its also dedicated to the KS backers, and I hope one day you get the rewards you paid for"

"Daddy, when is this show over?"

"They are playing games for another 4 more days."

My daughter's mouth dropped. I think she wants the TV lol

Garjon

I really enjoyed the run and the runner. It was awkward yes but the guy was also very genuine and was clearly passionate about what he was doing even if he was a bit nervous. I reckon we could do with more runners as enthusiastic as he was at GDQ events in the future.

robotrock

Banned
Actually so excited to see Batman Arkham City run. I'm not really a speedrunner, but I definitely replayed AA and AC several times after their release, and eventually got decently fast at them

blamite

Wasn't there supposed to be another MN9 run up next? Not that I mind since I'd much rather watch the Halo 2 Legendary run (which is awesome, btw), but did they say why thy're skipping it?

Wasn't there supposed to be another MN9 run up next? Not that I mind since I'd much rather watch the Halo 2 Legendary run (which is awesome, btw), but did they say why thy're skipping it?

I thought it was just the any% run and it's dlc stage which was donated for.

Chirotera

Banned
My buddy and I beat Halo 2 on Legendary, once. It was our first time ever trying a game on the hardest difficulty.

Cairo station took us... 15 hours? We, sucked...

Fun seeing it torn apart like this.

This Halo 2 run is damn good and it just started.

My buddy and I beat Halo 2 on Legendary, once. It was our first time ever trying a game on the hardest difficulty.

Cairo station took us... 15 hours? We, sucked...

Fun seeing it torn apart like this.

The game is easier played alone because you lessen the amount of risks taken from having to restart to the checkpoint when your buddy dies since there is no respawning on Legendary.

Top Bottom