• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

Beefwheat

Skipped the Ori run because I'm playing it and don't want to spoil it. Went back to watch Silent Hill 4 instead, and y'all were right, this runner is great! Pleasant, informative and easy on the ears. Killer Hank Hill impression.

Castlevania should be more hype. Why was SotN a secret run, and why is this block in such a dead time? This entire GDQ schedule is so bonkers to me. Where's the Mario Maker? Where's the equivalent of your Punch Out blindfold run?

Ultimadrago

Others I've watched since then:
- Battle Clash: Great, underrated game, cool run with several quickkills. If you've never played the game it's like Punch Out, but played with the Super Scope (a bazooka peripheral for the SNES). The runner plays half the game facing away from the screen and using a mirror (!?!). Really cool. Recommendation: Watch

Wow, I used to own this when my mom bought me a box of random SNES games. I never had the scope however, so I never got to play it and would just stare at the main menu some days. I forgot the name over time, but this should be insightful to watch!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I, no sarcasm, love that basically every stream makes the same joke about how hard something is going to be, only to skip it completely.

My favorite was in the Doom run, where he talked about how hard the boss fight was going to be, and then he just shoots the BFG once and then stands there with the weapon wheel open.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
KY87h9a.png

BasicMath

I'm 5 mins into this MM:NT run and it almost seems like this runner doesn't know what he's doing.

Wasn't this game panned? It seems pretty interesting.
Was it? I remember playing and finishing it in like 3 days and I thought it was short and fun but tough. This was a loooong time ago though.

Top Bottom