• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

Man there's some good looking runs coming up and a strong start in the morning. Do I really want to wake up at 8 in the morning for L4D? Yes. Yes I do.

N5pZkTU.gif

This fucking run.

maybe the game is "simple" enough speedrun wise that more commentators arent necessary, but it feels like he cant quite doing while playing, and more wow moments get lost, without others pointing it out.

Sober

Damn the zip.

Also yeah the batarang takedown is OP as fuck but it's even more OP in origins when you can combo it when the boosted gel.

Rezbit

maybe the game is "simple" enough speedrun wise that more commentators arent necessary, but it feels like he cant quite doing while playing, and more wow moments get lost, without others pointing it out.

Agree, this is actually a really cool run but his couch is giving him bupkis! Even when he's clearly sick. They should be getting some claps started at least.

Auctopus

I love runs like this. Chill runner who's not trying to do silly jokes or keep telling you how "shit and broken" the game they're playing is. He's clearly explaining what he's doing and doing some really tricky looking skips. Audience seems really attentive but they could give him a hand now and then.

Agree, this is actually a really cool run but his couch is giving him bupkis! Even when he's clearly sick. They should be getting some claps started at least.
yep. The Arkham series is probably one of my favorites in gaming, and some of the stuff he's doing is absolutely insane to me, but the lack of interaction is not helping at all.

I love runs like this. Chill runner who's not trying to do silly jokes or keep telling you how "shit and broken" the game they're playing is. He's clearly explaining what he's doing and doing some really tricky looking skips. Audience seems really attentive but they could give him a hand now and then.
that's a valid pov too. do wish the couch interacted a bit more.

EDIT: shame he doesnt like Origins. while combat timing is totally different, i love the rest of it.

Weird that he never played Arkham Knight. Makes you wonder does he play this game purely because he thinks the strats are fun?

Probably? He doesn't seem to have any passion or real interest in what he's doing. The technical aspect of the run is pretty cool, but he's a complete bore. Maybe it's just because he's sick.

Weird that he never played Arkham Knight. Makes you wonder does he play this game purely because he thinks the strats are fun?
well, he does talk about a lot of batman related stuff, so it could just be the case of him focusing too much on Arkham City.
or it could just be that he doesnt have the specs necessary to run it. who knows, honestly.

Agree. I wish the crowd was reacting, like at all.
like, really. he just did an incredible skip, and total silence, even with him pointing it out. ffs crowd.

Top Bottom