• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

Ferrio

Banned
The game is beautiful due to Don Bluth's art, but as a game it was godawful. Especially when you were shelling quarters into the thing everytime you die to some bullshit.

Daigoro

It is a fucking TERRIBLE game.

It's a classic because of the way it looked, not because of its quality as a game. Have you actually played it?

no i just called it a classic because i heard the name once or twice before. stop asking idiotic questions.

its ok to disagree. you think it sucks, i dont. who gives a fuck

Jhoan

Saw the end of the Rocky and Bullwinkle run only for my internet to get temporarily disconnected. I managed to catch the last third of the Nightmare on Elm Street run. It was great! The late night game runs are something special.

verbatimo

Protip: All versions of Dragon's Lair are shit games.

The NES version is even worse than this one.

The arcade original was marginally less shit.

I still have the NES version. I never managed to past stage 3.

I don't know what I was thinking, when I bought the game. Maybe the box art was pretty or something. :|

N4Us

LqfKWNn.jpg

Veldin

For those of you who are awake, brace yourselves for Catechumen.

For those of you who are not awake, go back and watch Catechumen because it's probably incredible.

Ultimadrago

Peaches running?! Oh man, it's so early in the morning...but I have to watch. Just a little.

Definitely one of my favorite streamers ever.

Catechumen has more viewers than League of Legends :) I also like how most loading zones have been described as common crashing points. As for why it sounds like shit I wonder if this is serious

To add to the point mentioned earlier about the main room being quiet...
They didn't really this time, not in the traditional sense. They had OOT 3D, but they don't have actual Ocarina anywhere.
Outside of the main room are other rooms containing various board games and loads of TVs which can be used for runners to practice and fun tournaments. You see all about it on their twitter feed. How does OOT relate to this? Ocarina of Time race was there...with controllers dipped in honey :(

Maybe this is also why there are not so many people in the main room.

Kumubou

Peaches always brings the bangers.

That was... a videogame, all right. What did I just watch? Maybe I really need God in my life (or something better to do so I'm not up this late watching this).

I know people say kill the animals in Super Metroid (where it is don't save the animals technically) but this right here is kill the animals.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is it me or is there way more downtime than last years? There's so much intermission between each game, I don't remember it being like that.

G-Fex

This is what's underappreciated about Turok 1.

A lot of people don't seem to see the AWESOME archetecture of the later levels. Really cool looking laid out levels.

Top Bottom