• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

TheChits

KuGsj.gif

fleck0

Watching Timecop on reminds me of Giant Bomb's Alex's Big Rigs exhibition for some reason, I hope they do another crossover someday.

depths20XX

What causes someone to want to speedrun a shit game that no one else in the world speedruns? It's like being the best at stuffing hot dogs up your ass.

Dreavus

What causes someone to want to speedrun a shit game that no one else in the world speedruns? It's like being the best at stuffing hot dogs up your ass.

I mean, I guess it's an easy WR?

If there's only one person on the leaderboard, that person is technically the best!

I think it needs to be quick like this one, obscure so people haven't seen it much before, and be so bad it's good in a way, or have some outrageous bugs to exploit.

I didn't watch cool world but it seemed quick.

Brashnir

I mean, I guess it's an easy WR?

If there's only one person on the leaderboard, that person is technically the best!

I didn't want to put in the time commitment to speedrunning, so I just wrote a text adventure and got the WR in it. Next-level lazy speedrunning.

Amazing how a game that can be finished in less than 20 minutes could have been released in 1992 or whenever that was for $50-60.

And that was probably two months work for like 3 people.

Games have really changed. The only good I'll say about that Bullwinkle game was there was some decent colorful graphics. Almost no actual game design, just haphazard enemy placement and movement and levels that are just thrown together.

Those kind of shitty cash in platformers from the 16 bit era always get forgotten. People think it was all street fighter and chrono trigger.

I wonder if those games were made and mainly marketed at the rental market.

Amazing how a game that can be finished in less than 20 minutes could have been released in 1992 or whenever that was for $50-60.

Games have really changed. The only good I'll say about that Bullwinkle game was there was some decent colorful graphics. Almost no actual game design, just haphazard enemy placement and movement and levels that are just thrown together.

Those kind of shitty cash in platformers from the 16 bit era always get forgotten. People think it was all street fighter and chrono trigger.

People forget that a lot of the games of yesteryear were pretty terrible, yet sold for full price because of the IP in question.

BasicMath

It's not like it's gone. They just moved to mobile platforms mostly.

Daigoro

pretty cool speed run of a totally shit game.

he did say "sness" though.

Protip: All versions of Dragon's Lair are shit games.

The NES version is even worse than this one.

The arcade original was marginally less shit.

negative. the arcade version is a classic.

Top Bottom