• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

Kind of bummed about the "no fun allowed" policy with stuff like the SGDQ 16 Jak run getting Bonesaw banned from submission for a year, but still, excited for a week of runs.

Platy

Things sure have come a long way.

hqdefault.jpg

It used to be that just runners and maybe a few friends of runners attended, heh. Can you even hear YSG's laugh among this kind of crowd? :p

xOxyCYV.jpg

nMcJUtx.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/romscoutSDA/status/817118627690221568

BigEmil

Kind of bummed about the "no fun allowed" policy with stuff like the SGDQ 16 Jak run getting Bonesaw banned from submission for a year, but still, excited for a week of runs.

Oh man loved that run haha especially the guy who accompanied Bonesaw i wonder what happeneded to him gonna rewatch it later

I agree with you, but I kinda feel them. It's probably better for the image of the charity and the marathon in general if there's relatively strict quality control. The fact bonesaw got banned for that in particular, however, is pretty stupid.

Probably one of my favorite GDQ runs ever. That or anything involving Spikevegeta is always a winner.

Oh and my twitch name is Omega932000, would love to me added to the GAF chat!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

What, really? Man that's so lame. That run was one of the highlights this summer. Bonesaw is consistently the most entertaining runner.

I agree with you, but I kinda feel them. It's probably better for the image of the charity and the marathon in general if there's relatively strict quality control. The fact bonesaw got banned for that in particular, however, is pretty stupid.

At least GDQ learned that hiding the crowd from the camera was a big mistake and they fixed that, I think cosplay on display is still banned though.

I like that Link to the Past looking shirt, but I'm low on cash rn :(. Hopefully I'll be able to get one by the end of the week.

Side Note: I want that Ape Escape Helmet the runner's wearing so bad it's not even funny.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
If I could get an invite to the chat that would be swell. Name is "ArkosLaww" :)

Platy

hmmm something went wrong and I think my roomate deleted the neogaf chat from my list =P

Can I get an invite again ?

Platynews on twitch

Bumhat

Really enjoying this so far, I've never specifically seen an OoT 3D run before so it's a nice change of pace from the N64 version. Good commentary from the runner too.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Really enjoying this so far, I've never specifically seen an OoT 3D run before so it's a nice change of pace from the N64 version. Good commentary from the runner too.

Yeah this is nice indeed

So this is an invite begging thread now? I could use one to get something other than Twitch chat on screen.

Twitch username: Superanos

it always is. I got you and everyone above you.

Make sure you check your invites if you ask, i'm trying my best to keep up and I think i'm doing a decent job but I'm not gonna post every tiem I invite someone lol.

Also, as a general PSA, if you're already in the chat you can invite anyone who asks using the button in the upper right corner.

Jayhawk

I'm not seeing a donate link on the Twitch page or the schedule. Putting the link in the OT would be nice too. ?_?

Velcro Fly

So someone apparently got banned for having a MAGA hat on while on camera? Person is denying it but they took his badge apparently.

Anoxida

So someone apparently got banned for having a MAGA hat on while on camera? Person is denying it but they took his badge apparently.

He never wore it on stream. Had it in a bag got thrown out. Gdq staff.. I have no nice words to describe them.

Edit: you can question why the hell he brought one in the first place but if he never wore it iunno..

Velcro Fly

He never wore it on stream. Had it in a bag got thrown out. Gdq staff.. I have no nice words to describe them.

Edit: you can question why the hell he brought one in the first place but if he never wore it iunno..

I mean you bring something like that despite knowing there is a strict no politics stuff rule there. You are literally bringing it to cause trouble and you got trouble. I have no sympathy.

Top Bottom