• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
OoT was amazing as usual. Gonna watch 10 min of BL2, if its boring i will come back only for Mario kart later tonight

Ape Escape and OOT was good.

Borderlands 2 2player coop at 2 hours eta is kinda meh, issue I have with the game is the pacing is so off and lots of time spent moving around with nothing.

dickroach

Not really feeling this one I gotta say

yeah, it's not very much fun to watch.

everything for the rest of the day is good tho. Psychonauts, Shovel Knight, Mega Man...

got it up on the TV, where it shall stay, for the next week

So someone apparently got banned for having a MAGA hat on while on camera? Person is denying it but they took his badge apparently.

A couple of people on the Ape Escape couch crew wore them, which was stupid, of course, partially because there's an explicit rule and partially because they should have fucking well known it would have gotten them in trouble regardless. What was over the line on the staff's part was that they banned the guy who was running the game too, despite the fact that he never wore one of the hats himself.

Browarr

Neo Member
I already bought a shirt and give ten bucks. I am always willing to give for such a good cause but sadly, I am not a fan of speedruns. I have seen some runs tough, and found them impressive but this isn't my cup of tea.

yeah, it's not very much fun to watch.

everything for the rest of the day is good tho. Psychonauts, Shovel Knight, Mega Man...

got it up on the TV, where it shall stay, for the next week

Yeah the games after BL2 are going to be great if anyone decides to tune out from this game.

~Kinggi~

Banned
A couple of people on the Ape Escape couch crew wore them, which was stupid, of course, partially because there's an explicit rule and partially because they should have fucking well known it would have gotten them in trouble regardless. What was over the line on the staff's part was that they banned the guy who was running the game too, despite the fact that he never wore one of the hats himself.
shitbags with MAGA hats have no place anywhere near this stream so glad they got banned.

Velcro Fly

After watching the YouTube video of the recorded convo, they all got in trouble (punching your badge) but then the one guy got banned because he's been a problem there before.

He had a run later in this marathon that is now gone too.

An event like this you have to maintain control of the environment. This isn't broadcast from someone's basement anymore. Millions of dollars are at stake. I don't blame them in the least.

Blam

Love how one guy isn't being banned but everyone else who didn't take part in it was also banned. Good stuff.

farisr

Cool, gonna check this out.

Also, already looking forward to what next year will have in store with games like Nier Automata and NioH having been out for 9+ months.

pirata

Cool, gonna check this out.

Also, already looking forward to what next year will have in store with games like Nier Automata and NioH having been out for 9+ months.

Not to mention Breath of the Wild and Persona 5...okay, maybe not that second one. What would a Persona speedrun even look like? Would it even be possible in a marathon setting?

Aku-Audi

As soon as I saw that MAGA ban business I was wondering if the_donald reddit would call something as innocent as AGDQ cucked and biased. Yup, indeed they did. I need to go wash my eyes now having seen that subreddit for the first time.

Loving the stream already though, looking forward to Shovel Knight and Mega Man.

Top Bottom