• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

Bl@de

"Hey guys, long time donater, first time donater. It gives me great joy to save to a great cause. Greetings from donation. PS: donate the cancer, donate the frames."

Fourth time watching AGDQ, fourth time donater. My Germany passed away from cancer. Money goes to donate the frames, kill the animal. Hype!

KarmaCow

I find it really scammy that the donation page says I'm eligible for the prize, but if you open the terms and conditions it says this:

It's hidden in the sweepstakes rules and they're not mentioning it on stream at all. I'm sure there's lots of uneligible $125's going in right now.

They should make it more clear and especially not contradictory but it's primarily a donation for charity.

vrmandsdad3ob1l.gif

BasicMath

Isn't it a raffle? So only one guy will win and not everyone.
Why do you think state run lotteries are so popular? People like to gamble. And people love it when it's for a good cause. It feels less dirty.

I know it's not just me but I want to confirm with you guys: The setup times have been insane, right? At least some of them. I swear I've missed runs because I shut down the stream sometimes during setup times only to comeback and be greeted by a different set up time.

dreams

I mean on the one hand I get what you're saying. On the other hand you probably wouldn't win regardless and the point is to raise money for charity so anybody only donating on the off chance of winning the raffle is kind of questionable to me

Goddamn, thank you for saying this

KarmaCow

Why do you think state run lotteries are so popular? People like to gamble.

I know it's not just me but I want to confirm with you guys: The setup times have been insane, right? At least some of them. I swear I've missed runs because I shut down the stream sometimes during setup times only to comeback and be greeted by a different set up time.

To be fair they are switching between some insane setups. The logistics of just physically moving the systems + cabling alone must be a nightmare. Better to have it right the first time than try to fix it during the run.

Tukker

I mean on the one hand I get what you're saying. On the other hand you probably wouldn't win regardless and the point is to raise money for charity so anybody only donating on the off chance of winning the raffle is kind of questionable to me
Scamming for charity is not okay imo.

SJRB

Gold Member
He jinxed it big time.

The game crashed literally the moment he said "please don't crash".

[in all fairness this run is kinda shit now with everything going wrong]

You mean you don't like watching a torch bob alone against a skybox for several minutes?

I admit it's not as bad as watching the Bloodborne loading screen for 30 minutes last year at SGDQ... but it's also not much better.

He's not even remotely playing Dark Souls 3.

Top Bottom