• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

Joey Ravn

Banned
Oh, wait. What happened to Bubbles's run? I popped out for a second when he died the first time to put a pizza in the oven and I come back to him using the file browser :O

Edit: And he's back. I feel kinda bad for everyone who donated for Robbie Rotten...

Well is not like an all bosses run can't fail either....

Him completely failing isn't what I'm talking about. I'd rather watch someone fuck up when they're speedrunning the actual game. He fucked up at glitching out and modding the game. Not exactly an impressive or entertaining speedrun, which is supposed to be the point I thought.

Man, I feel for Bubbles. From the dead crowd in his fantastic Batman Arkham City run to this now. I mean we all know DS3(or any souls really) is an absolute shitshow on the PC.

e: I should emphasis that I meant when they first released, haven't followed news about the games on PC since then.

linko9

As far as I know none of the big souls runners submitted to GDQ, so you can't blame GDQ for not having them. That said it's odd that they accepted a run that is pretty disliked by most people (any% tear drop) from a runner that's not on the leaderboards. Luckily he's a pretty funny guy so that saves it to some extent. But I'm sad that this and the BB run have given souls running a bad name on the big stage, they're really good speed games overall.

SJRB

Gold Member
Man, I feel for Bubbles. From the dead crowd in his fantastic Batman Arkham City run to this now. I mean we all know DS3(or any souls really) is an absolute shitshow on the PC.

Wait, there was an Arkham City run? WTF

Just checked the schedule, 3:39 AM.. No wonder I missed that one, heh.

skny

DS2 and 3 are completely fine on PC. The game crashing when he's on unintended location doesn't really make it a shitshow.

KarmaCow

DS2 and 3 are completely fine on PC. The game crashing when he's on unintended location doesn't really make it a shitshow.

I wouldn't say DS3 is completely fine on PC. I've had hard locks and crashes that aren't resolved by specifically giving DS3 access to more RAM and turning lighting to low.

I wouldn't say DS3 is completely fine on PC. I've had hard locks and crashes that aren't resolved by specifically giving DS3 access to more RAM and turning lighting to low.

Not really a common issue. I don't doubt you've had that, but I've played the game for 110 hours on Steam and had maybe 2 crashes? I don't glitch though.

I don't think you can call the port unstable when the dude is literally invisible and clipping through walls.

Yea, yes they were/

So was it an Nvidia problem then? Because I knew a few people who got into problems who owned a specific Nvidia GTX card(forgot which number though)

Not really a common issue. I don't doubt you've had that, but I've played the game for 110 hours on Steam and had maybe 2 crashes? I don't glitch though.

I don't think you can call the port unstable when the dude is literally invisible and clipping through walls.

I mean the dude did some insane shit in Batman Arkham City(PC) and that game didn't crash once so...

I will say that I was probably overblown with my statement though so, yeah.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So was it an Nvidia problem then? Because I knew a few people who got into problems who owned a specific Nvidia card(forgot which number though)

At launch I couldn't play the game. well I could but for some reason the game started dropping to single frames every few seconds. Was fixed by reinstalling xbox 360 cotrnoller drivers, took me a week or two to figure that out :/

SJRB

Gold Member
Not gonna lie, this is getting pretty ResidentSleeper right now. Crowd is kinda dozing off too, it seems.

Next year they should get Lobos and do a donation war on what kind of run he should do.

Brashnir

Out of Bounds clipping and completely refusing to engage with a game to speedrun is kind of fun when it's a sub-5-minute run like Link to the Past, but an hour of this shit is way too much.

dreams

Not gonna lie, this is getting pretty ResidentSleeper right now. Crowd is kinda dozing off too, it seems.

Next year they should get Lobos and do a donation war on what kind of run he should do.

So many comments like this like you guys haven't noticed they don't always have the crowd coming through the mics.

Revven

They can't just "get" people. People have to submit. If Lobos doesn't submit a run to GDQ then the game/run isn't going to happen.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Coming up is wind waker HD, don't know how that differs from my old favourite speedrun game wind waker which I watched on Cosmo's (now narcissa, haven't watched her since she quit playing wind waker) channel a few times every week.

Lulubop

Yea man, they should kidnap him and force him to run bro

BasicMath

It's finally over.

That was absolutely terrible. Almost everything that could go wrong, went wrong and that just killed everyone's hype. Player, commentators, announcers, crowd and such. Even the donation counter slowed down.

icedragon08

Neo Member
I would like to know why AGDQ picked the worst category from all the submitted stuff. Maybe they saw the estimate and picked the shortest run. All bosses is so much better and you don't do the game crashing stuff.

Top Bottom