• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

BasicMath

Btw why isnt here a packed crowd for this game? Home stretch populsr series etc.
A lot of people actually tend to head home on Saturday for one reason or another.
No, it's not because it's Saturday. It's just that it's a long run and long runs don't attract large crowds until towards the end. And yeah, the horrible Dark Souls run didn't help at all. The crowd will be back for Super Metroid though.

But as much as people hate on long runs or RPG runs in general, they bring in donations and variety to the event. FF7/FF6/Chrono Trigger get a gigantic amount of hate whenever they get run but they bring in the dough. That said, I think WW is one of the weakest of the 3d Zelda (MM/OoT/WW/TP) games.

At least it's barely dipped below 200k viewers last I checked. It's not KH/KH2 levels of bad.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
God I can't believe this game looks so so stunning. Nintendo's art direction with this game to this day is timeless.

Finalow

They probably picked this one for DS3 because it's the fastest run or it was the only one that was submitted. Don't really know but that makes the most sense considering this is a speedrun. An all bosses run would have been nice but eh, whatever.
pretty much. also, if the all bosses run includes the DLC it could have been an issue of not being able to submit the run in time or practice it enough.
similar thing happened last year with Bloodborne.

jett

D-Member
Namco's is going to nearly single-handedly make this the biggest GDQ yet, without even Humble Bundle. That's crazy. I think they're gonna have to find another crazy sponsor next time. :p

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I almost want to get a Wii U to play this :/
But I just pre-ordered a switch so I guess that will have to wait.

robotrock

Banned
I can't believe I've been watching this four hour Zelda run but the couch + streamer + donator commentary has been excellent. Loving it.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Ugh seems like Linkus will get a stern talking to after this run, hope he doesn't get banned for a small comment that he didn't think through fully (or didn't know would be offensive to some?) as he's has some great commentary and otehrwise have been an all around pleasent guy to watch.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh seems like Linkus will get a stern talking to after this run, hope he doesn't get banned for a small comment that he didn't think through fully as he's has some great commentary and otehrwise have been an all around pleasent guy to watch.
For saying "fuck" earlier, or?

Ugh seems like Linkus will get a stern talking to after this run, hope he doesn't get banned for a small comment that he didn't think through fully as he's has some great commentary and otehrwise have been an all around pleasent guy to watch.

Which comment? The "you should go to bed?"

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Using the word cosmo hop (name of the trick so don't know how that is deadnaming?) and misgendering narcissa in the past when she was Cosmo (Probably just didn't think it through or didn't know that trans people take offense with misgedndering even for describing something they did when they hadn't come out yet)

However I really feel that this might be twitter reaching a bit much but I don't know, just feels weird that people seems to have an outset that everything people is saying is malicious stuff and that they have ill intent.

For saying "fuck" earlier, or?

Nah, he's sworn a couple times but no one has ever been banned for swearing it's just something you should try to not do.

I think he deadnamed/misgendered her a couple of times, but I doubt it was malicious/intentional- it's more likely he forgot and/or straight-up wasn't aware that Cosmo was now Narcissa, since I gathered that most of Narcissa's work in the WW scene was done back when she was Cosmo.

Quenk

Using the word cosmo hop (name of the trick so don't know how that is deadnaming?) and misgendering narcissa in the past when she was Cosmo (Probably just didn't think it through or didn't know that trans people take offense with misgedndering even for describing something they did when they hadn't come out yet)

It shouldn't be for the trick since that's its name. He definitely called her Narcissa at another point of the run so I don't think there was any ill intent. I think he also said something like "previously Cosmo" since there are probably viewers that would recognize the name Cosmo but were unaware that she changed her name when she came out.

BasicMath

Less than $16k~ before AGDQ 2015's record gets broken.

Absolutely insane. Donations during WW stayed around $50k per hour. Far more than I expected. $2m may actually be possible.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
It shouldn't be for the trick since that's its name. He definitely called her Narcissa at another point of the run so I don't think there was any ill intent. I think he also said something like "previously Cosmo" since there are probably viewers that would recognize the name Cosmo but were unaware that she changed her name when she came out.

It's not me being outraged about it just saying what I saw on twitter :/
and yes your comment is pretty much what happened and what I took from it.

Tukker

I think he deadnamed/misgendered her a couple of times, but I doubt it was malicious/intentional- it's more likely he forgot and/or straight-up wasn't aware that Cosmo was now Narcissa, since I gathered that most of Narcissa's work in the WW scene was done back when she was Cosmo.
God people are so messed up these days to go nuts about something like that.

Top Bottom