• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axiom Verge |OT| Life's A Glitch

Yeah, the second area song you encounter has a specific instrument from PD and I got the same vibes.

So, I beat the game and am now on my search for 100%. I've been using Sir TapTap's map as a guide just to figure out what pieces of map I'm missing (because having zero hints for that sucks) and came across a few problems.

1: Can you make a version of the map that looks like a Metroid map where instead of specifying what items are at what parts of the map, you just have a white dot indicating that a square has an item? This would make exploration feel fair to a Super Metroid nut like myself.

2: Can you explain on your guide page what
the yellow and pink dots in the upper right of the map
mean. That probably didn't need spoiler tags but I'm being careful.

3: I'm stuck on two items that seem to require
password entry.
Though your guide just gives the answers away, it'd be cool to have hints as to how to figure those out instead of just being given them. Yes, I'm being an ass and asking for a spoiler-free guide here.

4: Any chance you'll eventually add
glitch areas to the map? You're missing at least two as far as I can tell.

5: Lastly, a straight up question.
Does the map in glitch areas give a dot in the corner if you fully explored them and got their items? Or does that apply to the map which teleports you to the glitch area?

Game is fun but not enough breadcrumbs for certain things. Still 10/10 and I hope Happ makes a sequel with SNES graphics.

I can help/comment a little.

2. No real need to cover in spoiler since I've seen others mention it without. I believe it's Yellow means you have all items in that region and Pink is 100% map uncovered. Could be swapped since I can't remember for certain. I believe that's correct.

I'll be somewhat vague. One of the items you'll get a well hidden note that describes the item, its location, and the passcode used. There's three others that require a passcode to be entered in a room by observing stuff within the room. Not sure how exact you want me to get on listing those. I could give another hint for each individually or describe the rooms if unsure where you should be looking.

4/5.
Just noting that I had no idea there were two glitch areas. I only found one down in Ansu or Anbu, whatever it's called. I'm sure that's the more obvious of the two. I saw the map has a couple random spots in the ether noted as a secret area and the items within but there's no indication where the entrance was so I had no idea what I should be gathering from that. And sorry, don't know if they get marked complete. I don't believe so but don't take that for fact.

Edit: If you want more info on the passcode items I might as well just write it out and let you decide to check. I'll try to keep it organized to limit how much you get spoiled.

Item:
Flamethrower
Region:
Eribu
Hint:
This is the one that you'll find mentioned in a note.
Exact info:
The note is found in Mar-Uru. It's in the room with the vertical four lasers and the orb in the offset section. You glitch the flying robots with a tail and then when you move between rooms they move to the same spot in the next room. So have one in the upper-right in the previous room and then it will shoot the orb. From there you dash downwards on the lowest section of the flooring and you'll go below the room and find the note.

Item:
Orbital Discharge
Region:
Eribu
Hint:
Manually translate text found in environment.
Exact info:
Square room off the bottom-most section of Eribu. Text is in upper-left corner of the room within the wall. Just turn the Sudran translating code off and on while skimming a note to locate the letters. Have fun!

Item:
Quantum Variegator
Region:
E-Kur-Mah
Hint:
Glitch gun is used
Exact info:
Large room on right side with all the bush creatures. Glitch any of the jumping ones and you'll see the passcode cycle on its body. First letter starts in yellow so you know how it begins.

Zocano

Wrapped it up just now and used TapTap's map to clear up the last few bits I needed for 100%.

Final stats were

Time: 12:06:59:02
Items: 87%
Map: 97%
Deaths: 27

Died a lot less than I felt I did. I loved the overall movement of the game and was surprised at your options by the end of the game. I wish the bosses were designed to let you really flex it but oh well.

As far as a few of the secrets are concerned
I'm not a fan of cryptography secrets in general, but the one where it just had the secret spelled in your Glitch gun and cycling on an enemy was cool.

Soundtrack's great, the Kur track especially (you haters are silly).

Oh, so the secret rooms are randomly located? That would explain why they don't have definite spots on the map. I'm guessing that wherever you locate one is where it stays in your particular game within a region? Because I can always enter mine from the same location in Absu. It's also much more obvious of a secret area than a video I saw on YouTube of someone showing where they entered their secret area. Guess I lucked out? I wonder if the regions within are randomly generated per session as well or if the secret area people access from random locations within Absu will always be the same? Or even worse, maybe there's two or three secret areas but their locations can be in any region? I only found one but it appears there's at least two needed to enter since I don't have one of the items listed on Sir TapTap's map in a secret area.

Hmm.

Sir TapTap, another missed item:
2x2 room above the bottom-right range expander in Absu. Top-right quadrant. There's a note within the wall.

Just FYI concerning the secret rooms.
I've found 4 so far.

Thanks for the help with the other stuff I'm missing. What's really bothering me now is I can't get a yellow dot for INDI. It's such a barren place and your map only lists 1 item to get which I'm pretty sure I already got so I wonder where/what the other item(s) there are.

wouwie

Is there a good strategy to defeat the "human alike" enemies that come running at you? They run faster than you can and need multiple hits, which means you'll get almost certainly damaged (unless you can stay on a different platform/height). I'm not liking these enemies at all. Maybe there is a weapon later on to tackle those?

Just FYI concerning the secret rooms.
I've found 4 so far.

Thanks for the help with the other stuff I'm missing. What's really bothering me now is I can't get a yellow dot for INDI. It's such a barren place and your map only lists 1 item to get which I'm pretty sure I already got so I wonder where/what the other item(s) there are.

Well, dang. I still can only find one. And strangely Sir TapTap's map shows a weapon found in one and while I haven't gotten the weapon I got the trophy for 100% weapons. Guess that one doesn't count?

Yet going off the map I can't get Edin to 100% map complete and mine matches Sir TapTap's. I've gone up and down in every room a bunch now and I'm thinking maybe secret areas count in terms of just needing to be entered. I also don't have 100% of the items in Edin so whatever room I'm missing must be well hidden and contain an item.

I'm at 100% weapons, power, notes, and items. And I only have two regions left without all items, Edin and Zi. So whatever is left is health, range, or size I suppose. Anyone know what the final count should be on those? I don't have any partial health in the wings and there's no way a partial is left with how few things I have left to pick up.

I just want to be done finding everything!

Edit: Assuming the secret areas do count for finding everything (and this seems likely, despite the weapon trophy popping early for me) I think I'm not going to bother looking everywhere for what's likely random secret areas. Maybe if I run through in speed run mode I'll aim to get 100% there since it removes the random elements. Right now I'm at 98% items and 99% maps. I think that's it for me.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Is there a good strategy to defeat the "human alike" enemies that come running at you? They run faster than you can and need multiple hits, which means you'll get almost certainly damaged (unless you can stay on a different platform/height). I'm not liking these enemies at all. Maybe there is a weapon later on to tackle those?

They are pretty dangerous at the start of the game but once you get stronger they become less of a threat and more of an annoyance.

Early on I used the Kilver on them if I had to be close. You can get them to jump over you and avoid damage. If they're at a distance I just used the basic gun and fired as fast as possible.

Asking again, this is really bugging me. I still can't find this item:

Anyone know how to get the Health Upgrade near where you get the
Red Coat?
. Not the upgrade in the same room, but the one a few rooms away. In the lower right corner of the same room where you
use a passcode.

There is a position you can sit at where the enemy will jump right over you when it does it's jumping attack animation, usually you can use the drill to kill him before he gets to the part of his attack animation where he charges you.

It takes a little while to find the sweet spot, but it's there. You can walk up, drill him until he jumps, try and drill him WHILE he's jumping, and then keep drilling him when he lands and he should be dead before his second attack animation starts.

Volcynika

Beat the 5th boss, and saw
some interesting story beats!
Got a new item that lets me explore a bit more, so looking forward to using that where I can.

I'm interested in this game, but man that price feels aggressive.

Beat the second boss yesterday and don't regret buying it, but paying 18 Euro for a digital-only product that was made by one guy made me hesitate. Almost made me wait for a PS+ release in the next 6 to 18 months.

15 Euros would have been "ok" in my book and I had hoped for a price around 10-12 tbh. (Why does saying it out loud make me feel like a cheap fuck... :// )

PaulloDEC

Man, I'm loving the pickups and upgrades in this game. Every one of them feels interesting and different, and not at all what you expect from this kind of game.

Should I get this or Ori and the Blind Forest?

One, then the other.

I've completed Ori and I'm partway into Axiom, and they're both fantastic at what they do.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
My guide now features the 100% full map! Not all items are listed on the map yet.

It's in a note. It's a little vague but it makes sense once you've seen the item. Unfortunately the notes is in a very hard to get secret in Mar Uru.

item spoiler:
Grappling controls are perfect. You hold a direction to detach, not to jump. Pressing X to jump then circle to fire again would be horrible--and yes you need to repeatedly do that for a few items

As for the second thing,
look in Edin

If you don't have E Kur Mah on your map you probably don't want to read this and should just ignore it for now. Traversal power spoilers:
You need the enhanced drone launch, teleport, then you need to dash through the wall after teleporting to the drone

Expect around
hours for a first runthrough, but it depends on a lot. I saw someone with over double that and 4x as many deaths as I had

Wow, that's great to hear. I'm not one to pick at the length of a game because as far as I'm concerned some games are just too long and I never get around to completing them, but for metroidvanias, the longer the better.

SerTapTap

Guide updated yet again, nice table of contents now, a more complete and better looking map, and also a list of glitches for speedrunning.

Two more requests, for the guide: "Secret" spoiler (if you know what I mean)
Could people PM me the location they found any and all Secret Worlds? Just send along a screenshot of you immediately outside the entrance. Their entrances are randomly selected from a list...and I think one might not even always be in the same map section. I don't see the Mar Uru one at ALL in one save file, unless it only spawns after exploring all others.
That one's being a pain for my map.

Second, (ending count spoilers)
If you've seen more than two endings, let me know and what you did to see each one? I've only seen the two after low%, 85%+ and 100%. Unless some are speedrun only I don't know what else would trigger more

Wow, that's great to hear. I'm not one to pick at the length of a game because as far as I'm concerned some games are just too long and I never get around to completing them, but for metroidvanias, the longer the better.

IMO there's such thing as too long for those of us who like to replay, but after hearing some numbers it seems Axiom isn't as anti-speedrun as I thought either, so it's a great balance of reasonable speedrun time with extended first time playtime.

Asking again, this is really bugging me. I still can't find this item:

You can
shoot your drone up there. It might require Enhanced Drone Launch, I'm unsure as I didn't realize that part is optional

Well, dang. I still can only find one. And strangely Sir TapTap's map shows a weapon found in one and while I haven't gotten the weapon I got the trophy for 100% weapons. Guess that one doesn't count?.

Very interesting, perhaps the secrets don't count--they shouldn't be THAT hard to find though, when 100%ing the map I easily found all
four of them
. That Mar Uru one seems to be hard to find for some reason though, unsure what the deal is.

And sorry but my map isn't 100% complete yet--all weapons and tools, but it's possible something else was missed. I'm going through again and making where I missed things. Anyone else can feel free to let me know the exact (to the tile please) location of anything missing

Yeah, the second area song you encounter has a specific instrument from PD and I got the same vibes.

1:I could probably just do dots, yeah. I'll try and whip that up later.

2: I thought I did but I'll look through. Purple means map 100% and yellow means item 100%.

3: I added some info about where to find those, but it'll require some reworking for a spoiler-free thing. Guide wasn't really meant to be spoiler-free but I'll probably end up with a minimal spoilers option by the time I'm done.

4: Working on it. I need help with that due to RNG per above.

5:I don't recall the answer. I think there are always 2 items. Completing the map in those should be enough as long as you don't deliberately fail to take an item.

no fast travel. that's the only major oversight in this game. traversing can get tedious.

IMO
Indi is the perfect alternative to fast travel, though getting to Mar Uru is still a bit of work. It's like Metroid Fusion's elevator system but without fucking up exploration. I do think you should have to walk around in Metroidvanias but this is a great inbetween.

I like this game but jeez I cant handle the sound when your close to death reminds me of a old alarm clock.

It's an EKG which is extremely fitting. But yeah it's a bit annoying like all low-heath sounds.

Edit: Even more replies

BTW, I'm just wondering how many people saw him for a split second in Zi, just before entering Kur. It's very easy to miss but an amazing moment.

Thanks that's what I have been trying I guess I just gotta get better at timing it. Is it the same solution to get to the top right room in Ukkin na?

Story/location spoilers:
you mean the room where you fought Trace, right? Shoot your drone egg into the floating robot head and it'll spit you up there. If you don't see the head, you need all required tools and do a jumpdash shoot and you can just barely get a drone in there

is there from the devs intendet sequence breaking?

Probably. Check my guide in the Speedrun section (unmarked spoilers though), at least a couple of those seem intentional and a couple Tom's said he won't/might not fix. But I don't see anything insane like Bunny Must Die's crazy sequence breaking where you can miss almost every power.

I'll just spoiler the whole thing instead of slipping in and out of spoilers:

I knew about the glitch gun with the turtles right away. I'm now curious which enemy I didn't use the glitch gun on since I didn't get that trophy. Do the drones on the last fight count?

And is there any change if you don't kill that sub-boss before the last boss where Trace comments he could just run past? I killed it and was annoyed nothing seemed to come from doing so since that was responsible for around five of my twenty deaths.

I just need to go back through each room since getting all the tools as I didn't return to everywhere to try to clean up on items after getting the red coat.

Lastly, and maybe you've updated your guide since I skimmed it earlier, but you comment on the firewall there's no good use for it. If you get it before the third boss it trivializes it as after you take out the upper pods you can use the fire wall to drop fire on the lower pods while staying above everything and you don't have to even move. Made that boss a breeze when I did that on accident. I didn't try it but maybe it works on that scorpion boss as well that you have to hit the backside? Not sure if the shots go through to the back or hit the front and stop there. Probably the latter.

Lastly, the last boss was a breeze on Normal. I just used the shotgun circle blast weapon and constantly jump-dashed up. The drones constantly kept me healed and things died quickly. I was worried I'd really want that flamethrower but it wasn't needed.

Spoilers ahoy
There are a great variety of enemies and I'm not sure what I've missed. The glitch all enemies trophy is extremely rare.

You get a trophy but no story changes for not killing that boss. Trace even hinted that you don't need to kill him. I thought he was easy though, pretty mindless repeating pattern.

Oh, huh, I'll add that firewall bit to the guide. I found firewall very late so I did'nt even think of that.

Last boss is extremely hard in low% and Hard mode, but in normal you can basically have enough health to just tank through it. It also depends on health drop RNG, the drones give an insane amount of health IF they drop things

Philthy

Think I'm stuck I got the drone and white lab coat and the areas that are left unexplored are Eden and indi. I can't go back to the starting areas so I think I'm missing an item. I've beaten 3 bosses so far. I think the drone area near zi is key but it has those parasite enemies that kill my drone no matter what I do. :( help needed

You're not stuck. Keep moving forwardish.

This is way better than Ori in my opinion. Ori was a pretty big disappointment for me. It looks so pretty, but I just didn't enjoy playing it at all.

Axiom Verge, on the other hand, is an early contender for my GotY. The only game I can see challenging it is Arkham Knight.

Kyuur

no fast travel. that's the only major oversight in this game. traversing can get tedious.

Feel free to explore until you can't anymore, and then move on to the next boss.

Well...
I don't know how far you are, but the long corridor with the giant head-thing is essentially fast travel. You can get to every area except the last two from there.

SerTapTap

I still need to play Ori but I put this right next to SOTN and Super Metroid in my GOAT list. In fact IMO Super and SOTN have more noticable flaws (Super's movement is very fiddly and the leveling system in SOTN is broken...well SOTN is broken in general). My only real complaint here is it's almost too good a few optional items relating to passwords are too well hidden--there's some great tricks but it's almost too out-of-the-box and really hard to stumble into. I also love Bunny Must Die and will mention it every time the topic of Metroidvanias comes up, it's pretty hardcore but getting skilled in that game feels so good.

nynt9

Personally I think this is way better as a game and Ori has a neat art style. But the level designs in Ori felt like an amateur's first attempt at a metroidlike game whereas this felt like a lifetime master's crowning achievement. Also the story in this is more minimal but more interesting to me.

Sir TapTap, in regards to your request:
I'm not going to turn it on to get a picture right now but my secret area I found was in Absu in the room that's 2x3 that's like four or five "valleys" with mushrooms and those enemies that shoot three shots out. It was on the far right valley pretty close to the very bottom on the right side. Hopefully that's clear enough that you can picture where I'm talking about.

And no idea how I haven't stumbled across at least one more of the secret areas since I've found just about everything else with items and map at 98% and 99% respectively. If there's always four of them for each game then it boggles my mind how I could miss them. I'm item complete in all but Edin and Zi and map complete in Edin so I don't imagine the secret areas count towards either unless my remaining three are all stacked in those two regions?

Edit: As for the other discussion going on: I actually enjoyed playing Ori more than this but I think Axiom is better designed and more creative. There's frustrations with both but I had a better time from start to finish playing Ori. I felt more accomplished playing Axiom Verge. Both were pretty great.

SerTapTap

Sir TapTap, in regards to your request:
I'm not going to turn it on to get a picture right now but my secret area I found was in Absu in the room that's 2x3 that's like four or five "valleys" with mushrooms and those enemies that shoot three shots out. It was on the far right valley pretty close to the very bottom on the right side. Hopefully that's clear enough that you can picture where I'm talking about.

And no idea how I haven't stumbled across at least one more of the secret areas since I've found just about everything else with items and map at 98% and 99% respectively. If there's always four of them for each game then it boggles my mind how I could miss them. I'm item complete in all but Edin and Zi and map complete in Edin so I don't imagine the secret areas count towards either unless my remaining three are all stacked in those two regions?

Thanks, that's a new location to me. And you have noticed the
scanlines
, right? They appear some distance away so it's surprising to see them missed, unless some locations are particularly out-there.

Where do I go after I get the
drone and level 2 hacking beam
?

There's one more item in upper Kur

stephen08

Is there an item that I can use to indicate where other items are? Like how in Metroid you can see which areas have items but also shows which items have been collected?

If so,where is it and can I get it yet? I just received
drone teleport.

SerTapTap

Is there an item that I can use to indicate where other items are? Like how in Metroid you can see which areas have items but also shows which items have been collected?

If so,where is it and can I get it yet? I just received
drone teleport.

Item spoilers:
Nope, gotta use your eyes. The tile-based graphics usually leave a strong hint, and in the few cases there isn't, it's usually a passcode. But there is a dot on the map screen to tell you when an area has no more map/items to find. Aside from Eribu and Mar Uru everything should be findable without too much fuss if you pay attention and hold all items.

stephen08

Item spoilers:
Nope, gotta use your eyes. The tile-based graphics usually leave a strong hint, and in the few cases there isn't, it's usually a passcode. But there is a dot on the map screen to tell you when an area has no more map/items to find. Aside from Eribu and Mar Uru everything should be findable without too much fuss if you pay attention and hold all items.

That's a bit of a letdown.

Thanks, that's a new location to me. And you have noticed the
scanlines
, right? They appear some distance away so it's surprising to see them missed, unless some locations are particularly out-there.

You mean the glitchy look of the section you hit the glitch gun to enter the secret area? Or is there a graphical effect on the whole room once you enter or something? I noticed the flickering on the blocks but I didn't notice a distinct scanline appearance or anything else.

I think part of the problem is I'm constantly dashing through things which causes tiny glitch distortions so my eyes have likely trained themselves to ignore flickering in the environment. The one secret area I got was first scene before I had a dash and the section you glitch away is quite large so it was pretty obvious that something was amiss. A video I saw of someone showing their secret area location it was a relatively much smaller area that was glitchy compared to mine so I'm guessing I'm simply overlooking them while zipping about?

how's the difficulty in this game? Would you say harder or easier then Ori?

Easier in general. But they ask different things from the player. I had twenty deaths in Axiom Verge and something like 120 deaths in Ori. But Ori has a ton of instant death stuff and the difficulty spikes during several set sequences. That said, Ori is designed around that and with you being able to save just about whenever you want there's often very little penalty for dying. Axiom doesn't have a huge penalty for death and I believe every boss has a save right before it. But earlier on when you're weaker and regular enemies might kill you? You don't lose map or item progress but you're moved back to where you last saved so sometimes it means repeating through larger chunks to get back to where you were.

Edit: Heh, oops. Meant to edit this into my previous post. Sorry!

Chitown B

Well...
I don't know how far you are, but the long corridor with the giant head-thing is essentially fast travel. You can get to every area except the last two from there.

that's not fast travel. I have that, but when searching for items in areas far far away from each other but near save points, it'd be nice to warp.

When the game ends, is it over or can you still explore to 100% it? Is there a NG+?

Denzar

Might be a stupid question, but I don't feel like ploughing through the entire thread.

Any word on a steam release date?

Chitown B

I'll just spoiler the whole thing instead of slipping in and out of spoilers:

I knew about the glitch gun with the turtles right away. I'm now curious which enemy I didn't use the glitch gun on since I didn't get that trophy. Do the drones on the last fight count?

And is there any change if you don't kill that sub-boss before the last boss where Trace comments he could just run past? I killed it and was annoyed nothing seemed to come from doing so since that was responsible for around five of my twenty deaths.

I just need to go back through each room since getting all the tools as I didn't return to everywhere to try to clean up on items after getting the red coat.

Lastly, and maybe you've updated your guide since I skimmed it earlier, but you comment on the firewall there's no good use for it. If you get it before the third boss it trivializes it as after you take out the upper pods you can use the fire wall to drop fire on the lower pods while staying above everything and you don't have to even move. Made that boss a breeze when I did that on accident. I didn't try it but maybe it works on that scorpion boss as well that you have to hit the backside? Not sure if the shots go through to the back or hit the front and stop there. Probably the latter.

Lastly, the last boss was a breeze on Normal. I just used the shotgun circle blast weapon and constantly jump-dashed up. The drones constantly kept me healed and things died quickly. I was worried I'd really want that flamethrower but it wasn't needed.

Boss responses:

The Uruku fight was so easy. Just get on the floating blocks and jump shoot, then duck when the laser comes. Then once the laser is gone, jump up to near the top block and angle shoot the pods. Then shoot the head. Done.

The scorpion - using the blue gun the splits projectiles vertically is perfect. Just shoot low across the map and it'll eventually start hitting his back. Probably my easiest fight.

SerTapTap

You mean the glitchy look of the section you hit the glitch gun to enter the secret area? Or is there a graphical effect on the whole room once you enter or something? I noticed the flickering on the blocks but I didn't notice a distinct scanline appearance or anything else.

I think part of the problem is I'm constantly dashing through things which causes tiny glitch distortions so my eyes have likely trained themselves to ignore flickering in the environment. The one secret area I got was first scene before I had a dash and the section you glitch away is quite large so it was pretty obvious that something was amiss. A video I saw of someone showing their secret area location it was a relatively much smaller area that was glitchy compared to mine so I'm guessing I'm simply overlooking them while zipping about?

You will see a faint Scanline effect when in proximity to a Secret World entrance. It gets stronger as you get closer, and you can even see the "screen wipe" effect which should make it pretty obvious. But yeah, they seem to have different radiuses of effect. Oddly they can appear outside of the room where you can access the secret room too if it's very, very close to the gap

That's a bit of a letdown.

If anything I found the X ray way more annoying. I like Axiom's way of doing things aside from the few passcode secrets I mentioned. Until I got stuck on those it never felt unfair or worthy of a "scour every pixel" item.

that's not fast travel. I have that, but when searching for items in areas far far away from each other but near save points, it'd be nice to warp.

When the game ends, is it over or can you still explore to 100% it? Is there a NG+?

No NG+, but your save file doesn't erase or anything, you can just load it up, you're before the final boss, and you can go and do stuff. No NG+, but lots of replayability options due to the trophies--low%, speedrun, no deaths, hard mode.

Might be a stupid question, but I don't feel like ploughing through the entire thread.

Any word on a steam release date?

No word yet. Lots of people seem to think June for some reason, the Facebook page used to say May, but the only recent official info I've heard is that PC release date will be announced in a few weeks.

Chitown B

No NG+, but your save file doesn't erase or anything, you can just load it up, you're before the final boss, and you can go and do stuff. No NG+, but lots of replayability options due to the trophies--low%, speedrun, no deaths, hard mode.

Who doesn't start this game on hard by default? Kids born after 1995? ;)

Kyuur

Missing an item in Indi. Got
the one hidden in the blocks on the floor
. Anyone know where it might be?

SerTapTap

Missing an item in Indi. Got
the one hidden in the blocks on the floor
. Anyone know where it might be?

You sure you're talking about Indi?
It has like...one item. Look near the only save point, should be obvious unless I'm forgetting something. There's an item in the bridge to Eribu but I forget if it's part or Eribu or Indi

Denzar

No word yet. Lots of people seem to think June for some reason, the Facebook page used to say May, but the only recent official info I've heard is that PC release date will be announced in a few weeks.

Thanks, TapTap!
Looks like I'll have to be patient.

Chitown B

You sure you're talking about Indi?
It has like...one item. Look near the only save point, should be obvious unless I'm forgetting something. There's an item in the bridge to Eribu but I forget if it's part or Eribu or Indi

Speaking of that item, how the hell do you get it?

SerTapTap

Speaking of that item, how the hell do you get it?

The one by the save point? If it's not obvious then you haven't explored far enough, leave it for now.

Speaking more generally, don't worry about "impossible" to get items. All will become clear in time...

I hope the developer patches in volume options. The loud, saturated sound effects have a tendency to drown out the amazing soundtrack. Almost seems criminal as I love the music and want to be able to hear it at all times.

SerTapTap

I hope the developer patches in volume options. The loud, saturated sound effects have a tendency to drown out the amazing soundtrack. Almost seems criminal as I love the music and want to be able to hear it at all times.

Volume options would be good as always. I bought the OST though so I can listen to it at any time. Good thing they put it out, before release I was just leaving the game running in certain areas to listen to the music. Must have spent like 5 hours in Mar Uru just doing that

Volume options would be good as always. I bought the OST though so I can listen to it at any time. Good thing they put it out, before release I was just leaving the game running in certain areas to listen to the music. Must have spent like 5 hours in Mar Uru just doing that

Hey man, while I have you... am I wasting my time
on the surface
? Been stuck for awhile now. For reference, I beat three bosses so far and I can
jump higher and go through single-layered walls.

SerTapTap

Hey man, while I have you... am I wasting my time
on the surface
? Been stuck for awhile now. For reference, I beat three bosses so far.

progression spoiler:
No, there are many things to find up there.
Much more specific spoilers:
There will be a boss, a couple traversal powers and a story event

progression spoiler:
No, there are many things to find up there.
Much more specific spoilers:
There will be a boss, a couple traversal powers and a story event

Thanks! I got unstuck like a minute after reading your post lol. I guess I needed the confidence of knowing I can actually progress.

Chitown B

ok so it seems like the next place for me to be is Edin. However,
I don't know how to get past the "SUPER" glitched areas. Is there another gun I might be missing? I believe I've been everywhere I can, other than Edin. Only other areas are places I can't get to because they're too high (the map goes up but it's just open space, so unless I get flight I'm pretty sure I can't get to those places yet)

Philthy

The best part of this is the guy who made it now hopefully has a pile of cash and will hopefully make another!

I just don't want to wait 5 more years, so hire some dudes, dude.

SerTapTap

The best part of this is the guy who made it now hopefully has a pile of cash and will hopefully make another!

I just don't want to wait 5 more years, so hire some dudes, dude.

His work significantly accelerated after he quit his job due to Pub Fund. Shouldn't take 5 years this time, alone or not. I kinda hope he does it solo again, or hires someone only for testing or graphics. Music and gameplay must be untouched.

ok so it seems like the next place for me to be is Edin. However,
I don't know how to get past the "SUPER" glitched areas. Is there another gun I might be missing? I believe I've been everywhere I can, other than Edin. Only other areas are places I can't get to because they're too high (the map goes up but it's just open space, so unless I get flight I'm pretty sure I can't get to those places yet)

There are places to explore there even if you can't get past the big glitches.
Try entering from a different side if you can't get in from Kur.
Much more specific hint:
Look above the big glitch that blocks your rightward progress when starting from the left or from Indi

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Does the game warn you when you reach the point of no return, in case I want to 100% it before beating it the first time?

Or is that a misguided goal for any reason?

Top Bottom