• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axiom Verge |OT| Life's A Glitch

EricMahler

Neo Member
I was messing around and found that when you enter the Konami Code (just the U U D D L R L R part) on the title screen it triggers a noise.
If you then start a new game you can enter passcodes at the beginning of the game.
Kinda neat!

I love this game.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Nope, already got that one :\

Do the items in a secret area count towards the item % for the area it was found in?

Pretty certain they do not. I already had map/item 100% in Indi and then still found a secret area there with two more items.

katagai

It's been a while since I picked up the note in the
keycard room, but I don't remember it as hard to find. Have you smashed the rocks in the bottom right corner of the room? These:
http://imgur.com/Ef3DDaR

If it isn't there, then I don't remember..

Yeah, definitely got that note then. I've been through the entire area several times over and not sure what I'm missing for the 100%.

bede-x

Yeah, definitely got that note then. I've been through the entire area several times over and not sure what I'm missing for the 100%.

That's strange considering the area is not that big. If you've smashed every rock in the room including those you
teleport (with lab coat)
into, I would assume you would have found the note. As far as I remember.

Maybe someone else can help?

Dan

I'm completely stumped on that area too. I must be missing something, but damned if I can figure out what or where it is. I'm stumped in Eribu, too. Must be missing at least one note somewhere but I definitely have all the ones marked on TapTap's map thus far.
I'm at 27 notes total.

I'm so impressed that only one guy made this game that I almost want to buy it to just support him.

You'll be even more impressed if you play it. Game is wonderfully well designed, and keeps getting bigger when you thought you'd seen most of it.

Thomas Happ deserves all the moneys.

FYI the E-KUR-MAH map is definitely missing something. I just trawled through it and I know I got everything on TapTap's map, still no yellow dot. If I figure out what it is, I'll let you know.

Xenthar

FYI the E-KUR-MAH map is definitely missing something. I just trawled through it and I know I got everything on TapTap's map, still no yellow dot. If I figure out what it is, I'll let you know.
I just PM Sir Tap Tap for a update on E-KUR-MAH
Here is what you are probably missing :
Very first room on top left of the map, a 2x4 room like this
OOOO
OOXO
Just teleport on a right wall really easy to get but somehow most people (like me) missed that and its not on sir's map

but I still dont have the yellow dot so I am still missing an item =(

OOOO
OOXO
Just teleport on a right wall really easy to get but somehow most people (like me) missed that and its not on sir's map

Thanks a bunch. Just knowing what the X location was helped me figure it out. I appreciate you marking it the way I would have wanted it marked on the map! ;)
Edit: This completed my map but I am unsure what to tell you of yours. :(

Xenthar

Thanks a bunch. Just knowing what the X location was helped me figure it out. I appreciate you marking it the way I would have wanted it marked on the map! ;)

Hey no problem man glad to be helpful

I'm sure Sir will update the map soon =)

Edit : haha no worries, I'm trying my best to find what I am missing =P 21hours in, still need more and sad i'm so close to 100% =( I saw the ending and
GIMME AXIOM VERGE 2 WTF DID I JUST WATCH

Edit 2 : Was missing health nodes
bottom right of the map, somehow tricky to get.

SerTapTap

Big patch just hit, most importantly it fixes the distorted death noise--headphone users are safe now. Also fixed the lab coat glitch several people had...and the fun Shards glitch, surprised that one got axed honestly. Also fixed reflector's collision...it was so bad I assumed it was on purpose
BTW press start on a tile on the PS4 menu and you can see patch notes. I keep finding people who don't know this.

Weird, the drill is different now. The lasers now start converging instantly instead of coming straight at first then converging as they go. IT also pushes you back from walls slightly, probably the "drill goes through walls" fix in action.

I'm so impressed that only one guy made this game that I almost want to buy it to just support him.

This is a solid course of action, but do play it too...it really is fantastic. If nothing else you can buy the OST which is just as amazing

I was messing around and found that when you enter the Konami Code (just the U U D D L R L R part) on the title screen it triggers a noise.
If you then start a new game you can enter passcodes at the beginning of the game.
Kinda neat!

I love this game.

Dangit I was looking for places to enter the Konami code. I'll add that to the guide

Going to add that. Actually most of what is missing is probably the most obvious because I started making the map AFTER beating the game, so it's mostly what I had left after 100%, and what I noticed when doing low%.

Dan

OOOO
OOXO

Someone named Thinaran just messaged me off the board to reveal this one, too, since his GAF account hasn't been approved yet. I just opened up the game and found it. I could've sworn I checked the hell out of that room, but obviously not. That also gave me the trophy for collecting all notes with a total of

SerTapTap

Map updated again, couple items added to Kur, verified E Kur Mah and Indi are 100% complete via my low% file. Thanks for the heads ups as always.

Fuckin third boss (Uruku?) was tricky, and to top if off after needing like 10 tries to beat him, I
died trying to cross the lava after his stage and was scared to death that I was gonna have to do it all over again
. That boss battle was really tedious, at least the way I did it. Basically found a cover point and took him down one shot at a time. Wonder if there are faster ways to beat him.

SerTapTap

Fuckin third boss (Uruku?) was tricky, and to top if off after needing like 10 tries to beat him, I
died trying to cross the lava after his stage and was scared to death that I was gonna have to do it all over again
. That boss battle was really tedious, at least the way I did it. Basically found a cover point and took him down one shot at a time. Wonder if there are faster ways to beat him.

I'm guessing you didn't notice
his weapons are breakable. Also, you can glitch blocks to cross the lava safely if you didn't notice

PaulloDEC

gdsb.jpg

Okay guys, what the hell am I missing here?
I know there's a way through thanks to SirTapTap's map
, and as far as I can tell the only area I've not opened yet is the one to the right of Kur.

I've checked out the other way in at the top right of the map (
yellow door inside a pyramid-type structure
) but I can't find a way into that either.

ThisOne

Story just got bonkers. I just watched
the clone kill the boss
. I also just got the
red lab coat thing that lets me teleport in any direction
. Lots of places for me to go now. I assume the next place storywise is
Edin?

Xenthar

Thanks!

98% items, with KUR being my last place to go to and hump the fuck out of everything. Even with sir map and spending an hour humping every wall, ceiling and floor, nothing...Thanks god its one of my favorite area.

, and as far as I can tell the only area I've not opened yet is the one to the right of Kur.

You're supposed to get to it from the other side. However, if you want to know how you'd end up getting through it, read the spoiler:
You need the third lab coat to warp through while jumping

I'm guessing you didn't notice
his weapons are breakable. Also, you can glitch blocks to cross the lava safely if you didn't notice

No I did but even once I got his weapons broken off, all but that one on his forehead, I still had to sort of sit on of of those glitchy blocks in front of him, shoot him in the face, hide and wait for him to shoot, and then repeat.
Will be very interested to youtube it sometime to see how speed runners deal with it.

Dan

You get in through the pyramid door.
You'll need the item that
adds range to your drone throws

SerTapTap

Don't worry about that. You will find the other side of that passage later. Progress spoiler
You need to go to Edin, judging from your items

Story just got bonkers. I just watched
the clone kill the boss
. I also just got the
red lab coat thing that lets me teleport in any direction
. Lots of places for me to go now. I assume the next place storywise is
Edin?

Yeah, story gets pretty crazy around then. progress spoiler
yes, you can get into Edin now.

Thanks!

98% items, with KUR being my last place to go to and hump the fuck out of everything. Even with sir map and spending an hour humping every wall, ceiling and floor, nothing...Thanks god its one of my favorite area.

I added a couple more items to my map in Kur but they would have been obvious if you filled out the map so that's probably not it. For the most part you want to observe more than dash into every wall, but that can't hurt if you're really at a loss.

Actually that item is optional according to a friend
just dash, toss and teleport should work. It's a very nice upgrade though

ThisOne

No I did but even once I got his weapons broken off, all but that one on his forehead, I still had to sort of sit on of of those glitchy blocks in front of him, shoot him in the face, hide and wait for him to shoot, and then repeat.
Will be very interested to youtube it sometime to see how speed runners deal with it.

There's a block up high that you can glitch and then just stand on and angle shoot down and none of his stuff hits you. I think you have to lock yourself in place with L1 and then jump to continuously jump up and down. Once I figured that out, he was very easy.

PaulloDEC

You're supposed to get to it from the other side. However, if you want to know how you'd end up getting through it, read the spoiler:
You need the third lab coat to warp through while jumping

Don't worry about that. You will find the other side of that passage later. Progress spoiler
You need to go to Edin, judging from your items

Thanks everyone. I've got the
long-distance drone thrower
, so I guess I'll go dick around in
Edin
for a bit.

There's a block up high that you can glitch and then just stand on and angle shoot down and none of his stuff hits you. I think you have to lock yourself in place with L1 and then jump to continuously jump up and down. Once I figured that out, he was very easy.

lol I had no idea you could even do that with L1. Son of a ...

SerTapTap

Interesting, I think I just experienced oldschool style slowdown. I was in a secret area with 3 of those coral formation things that spew tons of projectiles. If enough were onscreen it'd slowdown like Metal Slug or whatever. Never saw slowdown in the game before...beat it 3 times

Thanks!

Oh, found one more item not on the map yet
just above the grappling hook, health node

katagai

OOOO
OOXO

Thanks a ton, that was the one I was missing.

Map updated again, couple items added to Kur, verified E Kur Mah and Indi are 100% complete via my low% file. Thanks for the heads ups as always.

Sorry to nitpick, but the ? for the
secret area that I gave you in E-KUR-MAH is in the wrong spot. Should be on the left side of that large power node right below it. Current map makes it look like it's in the wrong room.

http://imgur.com/VT0HAxg

bede-x

Someone on Youtube made a guide to the notes:

http://youtu.be/jffWlJC0Aq4

Interesting, I think I just experienced oldschool style slowdown. I was in a secret area with 3 of those coral formation things that spew tons of projectiles. If enough were onscreen it'd slowdown like Metal Slug or whatever. Never saw slowdown in the game before...beat it 3 times

That can also happen in rooms with swaying grass, if you use the right weapons.

Dan

Actually that item is optional according to a friend
just dash, toss and teleport should work. It's a very nice upgrade though

Whoops, you're right, that's not what I should have said.

Just got the 100% everything, I was missing a stupid thing in Eridu. I thought it was a room that had previously had an item just sitting there to pickup during normal progress.

Thanks everyone. I've got the
long-distance drone thrower
, so I guess I'll go dick around in
Edin
for a bit.

Yeah, actually you'll get something there you need. Not what I mentioned, little brain fart there. Something else to do with your
drone

Korosenai

You'll be even more impressed if you play it. Game is wonderfully well designed, and keeps getting bigger when you thought you'd seen most of it.

Thomas Happ deserves all the moneys.

Bought it, played it to the first boss, and i'm in love. Just an amazing game.

Ocaso

Glad you're on board! Gets way better too. The game really starts at the third boss, the rest is just warm up and to lull you into a false sense of security.

After 13 hours in (and still not finished), I have to say how sad I am that this thread is so relatively light compared to many other OTs. Maybe it's because this released so close to Ori (which I haven't played since I don't have an XBO, but am looking forward to), but this game deserves to be a massive success. As much as it recreates elements of Metroid, there is so much originality here as well, that I find myself surprised by it at every turn. The world is massive and yet so well designed, every new ability organically leading to the next one without any hand holding or pandering. This game scratched an itch that hadn't really been scratched by any of the other misnamed "Metroidvanias" of the past few years.

nynt9

Trying to go for map completion. How do I get the top left square in the room with
Elsenova's full form in Ukkin-Na?

Also I discovered a secret room that's not on SirTapTap's map. It's in
Indi, right when you get out of the exit from Edin, if you redcoat-dash into the corner to your left once you get to the fast travel room.

bede-x

]Will be very interested to youtube it sometime to see how speed runners deal with it.

This is gonna be a great speedrunning game, if the save and return option doesn't ruin it. Makes perfect sense in terms of not frustrating casual players, but it might ruin the flow of runs if it becomes necessary to use too much.

Tom Happ really the nailed the controls in this. Traversal is so godly at the end of the game with all the upgrades. You're zipping across the map in seconds and there's so many options that it's just begging for a speedrun. If anyone sees one, please post.

After 13 hours in (and still not finished), I have to say how sad I am that this thread is so relatively light compared to many other OTs. Maybe it's because this released so close to Ori (which I haven't played since I don't have an XBO, but am looking forward to), but this game deserves to be a massive success.

I don't wanna take anything away from Ori, it's a game that deserves support in its own right, but Axiom Verge is one of those that doesn't come around very often. It needs much more than the meagre attention it seems to have gotten so far.

What a month for Metroidvanias. Environmental Station Alpha is up next :)

bede-x

Trying to go for map completion. How do I get the top left square in the room with
Elsenova's full form in Ukkin-Na?

You can always just spam the drone jump. Throw drone upwards, deploy drone, teleport to drone, press either glitch gun or drill to cancel the wait-timer for the next drone throw, throw the drone upwards again. Repeat.

The correct way must be jumping in the right side, glitching upwards, throw drone upwards and you should just be able to make it to the platform above. On top of that platform jump diagonally, glitch diagonally further upwards and throw the drone diagonally. You are just able to make it to the top spot of the map.

FHIZ

Okay I've got another "how the hell do I get out of here" question for Gaf to solve.

So I got into this secret world not long after the
hallucination trophy
boss fight, I'm in the same named area (forget what it's called) where I had to sort of circle around in it after the trippy effect wore off.

I went all the way down and got a range boost, now I can't seem to find my way out. I can phase through the wall on the left, and grapple up that 1x1 gap, but there's nothing else I can do. Help?

I'm stuck at the moment. I just unlocked the P
asscode tool, and Remote Drone. I can't seem to back track too far since I need double jump to return to the first couple maps ><

I use REVEAL_SUDRAN on the passcode tool

There is a note, at the upper left most area in Kur... It's on a ledge, on the very upper left cliff on the map...

How do you reach that??? I have tried shooting my droid, jumping, using other unlocked tools, I can't get that high...

scurker

So I hate to do this, but I've probably spent the over an hour exploring Ukkin-na and I can't figure out what to do next.

Actually I finally figured it out, apparently I was missing the lab coat and had to backtrack a bit to find it.

So, I'm an idiot and found what was stumping me so much in Edin and thought I had everything. Turns out one room goes one square higher and I hadn't tried exploring. It's also one of the more unorthodox requirements for movement to find it.

And I found the one thing I had missing in Zi without using the map. I was going back through it and after passing a spot I turned back and decided it was worth checking the area again. I went into the invisible ceiling spot but even after poking around in the small space nothing was found but after a few more seconds I somehow hit it. It must have been in some corner that I jumped into or something. Really finnicky.

So all done. That's 100% of everything found/map. I'm not going to replay for a platinum. I'd rather just move on.

Was there anything different in the ending for 100%? Dialogue seemed the same, I skipped the next cutscene because I assumed, being the first cutscene it wouldn't change, I went past my stats, and then the scene after that seemed exactly the same from when I beat it at 90% or whatever it was when I first beat it.

Okay, here comes my worst question concerning my 100% target. I am some number of health upgrades away from being fully 100%. Those health upgrades are in Absu. I've been to every single location of these on TapTap's map and I cannot tell which I have or haven't gotten. I'm slowly checking off the places that would be obvious locations but I was wondering if anyone here could confirm that they know of an Absu health upgrade that is difficult to obtain and which one it is. Not necessarily how to get it, just that it's hard to know it's there.

Because, you know, I'm trying to play like my map is from Super Metroid. :p

EDIT: NEVER MIND! As usual, posting is what led me to the correct answer.

Was there anything different in the ending for 100%? Dialogue seemed the same, I skipped the next cutscene because I assumed, being the first cutscene it wouldn't change, I went past my stats, and then the scene after that seemed exactly the same from when I beat it at 90% or whatever it was when I first beat it.
I beat the game twice
the first time was below 90% and there was no cutscene after the credits rolled but at 100% there was a new cutscene after the credits rolled. Gave me goosebumps!

Ambitious

Almost 7 hours in. Just met
Ophelia
. 63% map completion, so there's still a lot to do.

Oh, and I just found the
trenchcoat
. Opens up a lot of new ways. Love it.

Top Bottom