• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axios: Trump is pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal

Buckle

For a minute there I was afraid we were going to work towards creating a better world for nothing. That was a close one.

Future

Is there even enough evidence that mankind contributes enough to global warming to warrant such actions? Seeing as there was global warming before we even walked the earth.

It's one of those things you could always choose to not believe. Unless the earth catches fire it's easy to simply believe your own eyes and ignore the scientific community. And you can always find a scientist that doesn't believe, just like trump found a doctor to state he is the healthiest person to ever run for the presidency

Oh wow that's even more horrifying. When was that determined we cancelled out the cooling period vs accelerated warming?

Probably around the time we learned of the natural process of warming/cooling, and that the planet does this process in the timescale of thousands of years and not decades. We were already primed for another ice age, and there is debate if humans actually starved it off when we started expanding and cutting forests down + extended agriculture to a point where we went from 240ppm => 280ppm before the industrial revolution.

Even if we were in a period of warming, an apt metaphor would be that the natural state of warming would be accelerating at 1MPH every minute, and we decided to "floor" it and go 1MPH every five seconds or something.

Shiggy

election-map-0235am.jpg

Makes sense that he wants sea levels to rise.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
"Today I'm announcing, that the United States, are not going to follow the Paris agreement on climate change. It's a terrible agreement, one of the worst really, and it is totally unfair to the US and would make us much less competitive, and would cost us a lot of jobs.., a lot of jobs.

Instead I am announcing a new agreement, and others are free to join if they want, called the USA Jobs Agreement Bill, or USA JAB, because we have the jabs really, and it will be all about job creation, all, about, job creation. Not job loss, we'll create new jobs, very good jobs. It's probably one of the best agreements in decades, and I think a lot of other countries are going to want to join when they see it, I'm getting a lot of calls already from many countries who are very interested, very interested, they want to invest here in the US, and even without them it would be great but it will be even better.

Jared will be in charge of it... where's Jared? ... Ah there he is, stand up, stand up. Doing a great job already and this is going to be amazing, just amazing. Thanks Jared.

And my daughter Ivanka really helped in making this happen, she didn't want us to just pull out of the agreement, and I think it's a great idea, she's a really good person and cares a lot about the environment but also about our families here in the US, and this agreement will be so good not only for the environment but especially for the people here in the US.

Thank you"

So the withdrawal could take 3 years, by which time if there is another President in 2020 they can instantly re-join?
This is exactly what is going to happen. Along with issuing multiple executive orders on day 1 which erases all of Trump's executive orders.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
On behalf of the rest of the world, fuck him and all the people who put him in power.

As an American, I agree. Fuck anyone who voted for Trump, what a disaster of failure in leadership.

Despite the USA losing it's place as a world leader, I will keep doing my part to lower my economic footprint by continuing my transition to an efficient electric household. I already have all LED lighting in my house, highly fuel efficient cars, and have switched out almost all of my gas engine tools for electric ones. Now I just need solar panels, geothermal heating/cooling, and a Tesla 3.

If our government is too corrupted to lead and address worldwide problems then the citizens will have to do it without them.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
As a non-US citizen is sad to see how they elected this dude that is now on a path to damage the entire world with his policies. Fuck him and honestly, fuck everyone who voted for him.

I'm still in disbelief that this idiot actually won that election.
Yep, he's a piece of shit, as are his supporters. Hopefully the next president will make things right.

Necron

This is absolutely horrible. It's an insult to science and progress. I hope every exported American product henceforth is taxed as a result of this stupid decision. The world should not stand for this unscientific and scrupulous bullshit! Incredibly angry right now...

avaya

Does the Commerce clause stop states like CA and NY from joining to require certain environmental standards when it comes to power supply/sales of goods?

RPGCrazied

Please sanction us other world leaders!! I don't say that lightly as an American. But this shitstain administration needs to be shown consequences for their actions.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Man, fuck you, you piece of shit orange shit stain. Fuck all the fuckers that voted for this vile man. I hope climate change bites you in the fucking ass.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is there even enough evidence that mankind contributes enough to global warming to warrant such actions? Seeing as there was global warming before we even walked the earth.
This is really good satire. Really good.

You almost had me.

Piggus

Dumb. Orange. Cunt.

For those who didn't vote in 2016, you assholes better fucking vote in 2018 and 2020. Hopefully this shitstain is out of office long before then, but we need people with actual logic and reasoning skills back in the white house and congress.

Top Bottom