• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axios: Trump is pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal

I'll be protesting when he comes to Germany in July. Police expect atleast 200k protesters. About the same as in DC for the climate protest a month ago.

I'll have to drive there for 45 minutes after working(45h/week). Unfortunately i don't have as much say on the stupid shit your country does like a lot of people here on GAF.

And there is a very good indication of the gap of knowledge I'm talking about. A 45 minute drive doesn't even get me to a major city lol. But it's good that you're active, though. For now, I will just have to make due with voting and donating to causes that I think will help.

Xando

Yes, I'll join! This is in Hamburg, right?

Yes.

http://www.g20-protest.de/startseite/

And there is a very good indication of the gap of knowledge I'm talking about. A 45 minute drive doesn't even get me to a major city lol. But it's good that you're active, though. For now, I will just have to make due with voting and donating to causes that I think will help.

I live in Hamburg. I just have to cross through the City to get to the protests.

I bet, anybody who ever protested, was swimming in money and just could take the day off. Just say, you're too lazy to do anything yourself or that you're not faced with the prolems of your country, since you still have enough money for yourself. At least then we could finish this discussion and it would be much less hypocritical, then you defending your good will.

A day? You didn't read my post closely. By plane, I would be looking at least 3 days, by train or bus, at least 4 days. And it would cost me between $300-500. That's like almost a week's pay. So, no, I won't admit that. Especially with this half-assed argument. And I won't have my other activities, particularly the donations that I give and my voting record, be dismissed just because it doesn't pass some European purity tests.

Fritz

How far is your next, let's say, pop. 100.000 city?

Tovarisc

X9lhD8U.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869903459511918592

Amory

hopefully if he does pull out, it will at least open the door for independent companies to try to pick up the banner.

I'll support companies committed to low carbon footprints and renewable energy usage over those that don't

IaN_GAF

These days I actually think about me not having kids cause how shitty the world is going to be.
I see this more often, but I feel like the people actually understanding climate issues not getting children isn't the best way to solve our problem.

reKon

Banned
Sorry that we're this much of an embarrassment and sorry about the negative impact this will have on the world in the future. Even if we reverse all of this, it's still detrimental that we wasted all this time rather than set forth meaningful policy.

Fully expecting other countries to take the lead and investors will just invest in foreign markets where there will be great opportunities. That's something that some of these short sighted fucks in the US can't or don't want to understand. Fuck that piece of shit Trump.

roytheone

America really is one of the most dangerous countries in the world right now.

If it was any other country they would have been rightfully hit with sanctions, but I doubt that will happen.

Every country that Trump tries to get to pay more to nato should just say "fuck you, instead we will put it in trying to slow you destroying the earth down".

Xando

Oh okay. See this is problematic because I don't want to join some anti globalisation protest.

There are multiple different protests with different goals and one protest where all protests combine if i understood it correct.

fantomena

I see this more often but I feel like the people actually understanding climate issues stopping to have children is not the best way to solve our problem.

I know, but why would I let my future kids grow up in a world where if they want to travel somewhere, they need to think about wherever it's hard to breath there or not?

The planet is going to be fine, it's the people, the human race that is fucked. The planet is just wanting to get rid of us.

I know, but why would I let my future kids grow up in a world where if they want to travel somewhere, they need to think about wherever it's hard to breath there or not?

The planet is going to be fine, it's the people, the human race that is fucked. The planet is just wanting to get rid of us.

The planet doesn't want anything. Humans want to get rid of humans. If you can call people like that humans at all.

Uh, climate change isnt going to make the world hard to breath.

Earendil

You can move the goalposts, but the overall issues are still the same. With poor public transportation, and a large, often time crushing workload (I was working 50-60 hours a week until recently), it's not nearly as easy to just jump out and go somewhere to protest as it is in a lot of countries. There's a reason these centralized protests are being done the way they are, it's just not something you can really understand without understanding the overall size of America. It's not comparable to Germany, France, South Korea, etc.

Last year, we moved from Northern Colorado to South Florida. Granted, we didn't go the most direct route (Colorado -> Dallas -> New Orleans -> Florida), but the distance we traveled would be the European equivalent of driving from Inverness, Scotland to Constanta, Romania on the Black Sea.

To put people at ease a little:

Less than two years after 195 countries agreed in Paris to curb emissions to avoid a two-degree Celsius rise in temperature, the switch to clean energy is happening far faster than anyone expected, according to a new analysis unveiled this week in Europe. Dramatic change is taking shape in the three countries that need it most—the United States and the expanding economies of China and India. It’s even happening in the face of Trump Administration rollbacks of Obama-era climate regulations.

"Our analysis shows China and India are massively overachieving," says Niklas Höhne, a climate expert in The Netherlands, and the founder of NewClimate Institute, a research organization. "The positive effects in China and India are far larger than the negative impacts coming out of the United States."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...-change-paris-agreement-california-emissions/

The US absolutely 100% deserves to be sanctioned into the stone age though. Enough is enough. Other countries need to start rallying against us and showing us how we fucked up.

Even Tillerson told this jackass to stay. A former head of fucking EXXON. God man Trump is so behind the times. Fuck anyone who voted for this piece of shit.

Hektor

I don't think this is going to be too much of an issue in the long run, it just means the rest of the world, aka the civilized in science believing one, gotta put even more effort into it to make up for that, tho i'm not really educated on the numbers and all that.

It's staggering tho how this dipshit screws what is the one thing most of the world was able to reach a form of consent on.

Top Bottom