• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - Season 3 - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I started watching this show and I really like it. Im currently halfway though season one. Is the guy the with the bow tie gonna do something badass? Also that Amish girl OMG!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
i would like to smoke whatever those writers were smoking when they came up with this scene. that scene is surreal.

The "woman finds a dangerous looking wounded man; nurses him back to health; they have passionate sex/fall in love; he leaves and she is sad/he stays and they get married" is a well worn trope. This was Banshee's subversion of it. :D

It really was incredible seeing Stowe in that van PWNING Hood, Carrie, and Job. All three at once. I mean. Holy shit.
Stowe was like, "Do you even CQC?"
The "woman finds a dangerous looking wounded man; nurses him back to health; they have passionate sex/fall in love; he leaves and she is sad/he stays and they get married" is a well worn trope. This was Banshee's subversion of it. :D
We all know Chayton was thinking, "as soon as I'm done bleeding I'm going to kill this white heathen." The other guy he killed was like the Street Fighter 2 bonus stage for him.

Alpende

Really dug the episode. The different camera angles were a cool touch. That Stowe guy is unstoppable, that kind of annoyed me. Dude took blasts of a shotgun and a close range explosion like it was nothing.

Really dug the episode. The different camera angles were a cool touch. That Stowe guy is unstoppable, that kind of annoyed me. Dude took blasts of a shotgun and a close range explosion like it was nothing.
Well he is the "badass motherfucker you send in to kill the other badass motherfuckers" so him being a fucking tank makes sense I guess.

Well he is the "badass motherfucker you send in to kill the other badass motherfuckers" so him being a fucking tank makes sense I guess.

I thought it was too much even by Banshee standards. They never actually showed the shotgun blasts hitting him so I just assumed his head was blown off out of the frame. Which is probably what would have happened in those circumstances.

Siegcram

I thought it was too much even by Banshee standards. They never actually showed the shotgun blasts hitting him so I just assumed his head was blown off out of the frame. Which is probably what would have happened in those circumstances.
They made a point of showing him putting on a vest and all of the blasts were clearly aimed at his torso. Of course it's still excessive, but that's kinda the name of the game here.

Being mentally unstable probably helps too.

Dude seems he's completely lost it during the stinger. That will only feed into his rage fuelled invincibility.

Not even tree punching Hood will be a match for this cat...

Great episode. The heist was really intense, edge of your seat stuff. I was worried about the found footage approach, but it really worked, even if it did feel like a Call of Duty game at points.

Making Stowe the fucking Terminator is a bold direction. I fully embrace our time traveling Colonel who has come back to kill Deva before she can lead mankind in an uprising against the machines*. I'm sure Hood is going to fuck his shit up though.

I find it amusing that Gordon, the worthless sack that he is, beat up a single high school punk. Meanwhile, Carrie whipped the shit out of like twenty dudes like she was Godzilla stomping through Tokyo. I do hope this signals the end of the family drama stuff.

The Hood and Job drama better end quick.

I loved that Chayton did what Chayton does. No stupid romance, no sign of weakness. He used that lady because it was convenient and then snapped her neck like the super racist Native American Superman he is. I'm really looking forward to next week. Hood vs Chayton is going to be epic.

*May not be the actual storyline the writers have planned.

Making Stowe the fucking Terminator is a bold direction. I fully embrace our time traveling Colonel who has come back to kill Deva before she can lead mankind in an uprising against the machines*. I'm sure Hood is going to fuck his shit up though.

I loved that Chayton did what Chayton does. No stupid romance, no sign of weakness. He used that lady because it was convenient and then snapped her neck like the super racist Native American Superman he is. I'm really looking forward to next week. Hood vs Chayton is going to be epic.
"The pale skin will bleed for our land." You can't give Chayton a straight up pet the dog moment, dude's too drunk off the kool aid. I love Terminator Stowe. I can't wait to see how Hood takes him down. It'd be some brutal unorthodox shit of course. Though I do hope it's after he rocks the crew three on one again and eats some more shotgun blasts, while walking through a grenade explosion afterwards.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratings:

Episode 1 - 547K
Episode 2 - 439K
Episode 3 - 588K
Episode 4 - 662K
Episode 5 - 583K
Episode 6 - 610K
Episode 7 - 547K

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

All the Wisdom I Got Left

Lucas and Brock go to an underground fight club in Louisiana to track down Chayton; Stowe investigates the heist at Camp Genoa; Sugar hopes to square an old boxing debt; and Rebecca's ambitions endanger Emily and Proctor.

Shit is going to be crazy in tonight's episode.

I'm so damn hyped to see what happens and I've yet to be disappointed by episodes that aren't primarily set in Banshee.

Ekdrm2d1

Burton and Rebecca!

Does Burton not a penis due to torture? Or do you think he's transsexual and has a vagina.

Burton is such a powerful character. Dude is wild.

The second encounter of Chayton felt like a drag. Sure its a shocking end but overall its anticlimactic. Finally get to focus on the marines

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Burton is a eunuch. Whoa.

Also wtfthatsilentscreamwassofuckingcreepywtfwtf

He's legit one of the creepiest characters I've ever encountered in any media. *shudders*

Chayton's final fight was a bit anticlimactic - I expected something more visceral, something along the lines of the Burton x Nola fight - but I liked the chase scene and also the way Chayton's death was done (the final shot of him floating down to the bottom of the harbor was chilling).

I expect great things from Terminator Stowe in the coming weeks :)

Even though there are only two episodes left :(

The brawl and chase in and through the desolate French Quarter to the port was so good. I was expecting a De Niro style "LOOK AT ME" right before the headshot, but I guess I'll settle for disgustingly brutal Mortal Kombat gore instead.

I kept being distracted by how much the episode reminded me of John Woo/Van Damme's Hard Target though. Minus the snake punching.

xrnzaaas

Wow so that happened. :O It sucks a little, because I was hoping for a Chayton-Burton fight at some point. I'm also wondering if Carrie will survive this season. Her death would mean that Hood would have to stay in Banshee for S4 and take care of her kids.

PS. Float like a butterfly, motherfucker. :D

Burton is a eunuch. Whoa.
That, or disfigured probably. He still seems to have urges though. Rebecca better not get him in trouble. Burton is the best.

Even though the fight between Chayton and Hood was kinda dull, still a good episode. Terminator is going psycho soon, I can feel it.

xenist

"Hey!"

BOOM.

That was a fun fucking headshot. As Chayton was heading to the river I was afraid they'd puss out and have another "he got shot and fell in the river. He's dead. Or is he?" But that was pretty emphatic.

Good episode.

So just like that, the once unstoppable force that was Chayton is now dead. Such a shame, but it was the natural conclusion to that arc.

The first fight between Hood and Chay wasn't great, but the knife fight was legit. Also really liked the game of cat and mouse through the streets and graveyard.

Job laying the beatdown was glorious. I really like how Job has grown this season.

Oh, Rebecca. What have you done.

And Burton...interesting reveal that he's been 'dismembered'. Guess now we know why he's such a beast. He obviously still has urges...not being able to act on them makes him a pretty deadly opponent.

And now the next unstoppable force enters the picture. Stowminator is going to tear shit up, especially now that he has suspicions about Carrie.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Get rekt Chayton. Also I kinda feel Hood should let Brock in on it. Have an episode where he just says his damn name and history etc. At this point it really serves no purpose in holding it back. Brock knows Hood isn't a real cop.

Get rekt Chayton. Also I kinda feel Hood should let Brock in on it. Have an episode where he just says his damn name and history etc. At this point it really serves no purpose in holding it back. Brock knows Hood isn't a real cop.

I like that we don't know everything about Hood's past and I hope they keep it like that. I don't want to know what know his real name, what he was doing prior to joining Carrie and becoming a thief.

Just leave it alone.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I like that we don't know everything about Hood's past and I hope they keep it like that. I don't want to know what know his real name, what he was doing prior to joining Carrie and becoming a thief.

Just leave it alone.

Why? There's obviously a good story to be told. It's the equivalent of walking down the street and seeing a 20 dollar bill on the ground. Why not pick it up? It would only add to the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom