• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - Season 3 - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.
That part dragged. Didn't we have this exact same situation in S1? With the exact same tag-along friend???

They need to do something else with her character. It's always the same with her.

I feel like we did. I was feeling echoes of something or other. Deva takes after her parents so much.

Such poor, poor choices.

I think it's awesome - Banshee thrives on absurd set ups.

Okay, so we go from Amish gangster, Ukrainian gangsters, Corrupt Marines, Native domestic terrorists, to a probably Manson-esque cult that GORDON WILL FINALLY KILL, GODDAMN IT, LET GORDON KILL SOMETHING.

Honestly, that set up just means more Deva. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I also would like to say I noticed a hint of Job x Bunker with their small exchange. DO IT TROPPER.

Bunker definitely needs to hook up with either Alison or Job. I will accept no others.

Okay, so we go from Amish gangster, Ukrainian gangsters, Corrupt Marines, Native domestic terrorists, to a probably Manson-esque cult that GORDON WILL FINALLY KILL, GODDAMN IT, LET GORDON KILL SOMETHING.

Honestly, that set up just means more Deva. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Deva is cool brah

Bunker definitely needs to hook up with either Alison or Job. I will accept no others.
Alison and Gordon are already destined lovahs.

Job needs some action. Bunker needs to get naked. Let's do this. (Then Job can hack a laser clinic for some free treatments for his man.)

Some stoners in a house is a "cult"?

That bit about "Family" and "taking care of our own" and "dead parents left me a house where I get stoned with all these creeps and the house is totally abandoned and I'm like 16 and there's nobody around" clued me in pretty quick.

Standard cult indoctrination. Dude's just standing around waiting for easy marks. Flattering the shit out of Deva to get her to join the "family".

Totally Manson.

That bit about "Family" and "taking care of our own" and "dead parents left me a house where I get stoned with all these creeps and the house is totally abandoned and I'm like 16 and there's nobody around" clued me in pretty quick.

Standard cult indoctrination. Dude's just standing around waiting for easy marks. Flattering the shit out of Deva to get her to join the "family".

Totally Manson.
The random jarring shot/transition of Deva's pouting friend at the end of that part was pretty funny though. Some weird music cue/roadkill sound and then SCENE!

UrbanRats

The random jarring shot/transition of Deva's pouting friend at the end of that part was pretty funny though. Some weird music cue/roadkill sound and then SCENE!

In a show with murder every two days, they sure made a couple of stoned teenagers look hilariously ominous.

yeah!

What the hell was that. I was loling at her sitting awkwardly there staring at Deva and her new boyfriend brother making out

But wouldn't you guys like it if Bunker kept the tats?

You know. It'd be dirty, so taboo. The man who wants to redeem himself, but covered in all this grim art. So nasty. But oh so right.

I'd totally bang a hot Nazi chick if she wanted to reform and totally wanted me, don't judge.

Totally Manson.

If next season turns out to be Hood vs. a crazed cult of Satanic serial killers, it will be the greatest season of television ever.

If next season turns out to be Hood vs. a crazed cult of Satanic serial killers, it will be the greatest season of television ever.
He could plan the order that he'll take their hideout and kill them. Afterwards he'll gain a skill or learn a lesson that would be instrumental in the take down of the next killer like it was some sort of Mega Man game.

Loofy

Im guessing next season will be about bunkers old racist buddies, and it'll probably tie in with Emmitts death.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

You Can't Hide From the Dead

Regardless of Job's concern, Lucas and gang engineer a heist at Camp Genoa; Gordon and Carrie call a truce and team up for an unconventional intervention with Deva; Rebecca sneaks off to Philadelphia to rekindle a deal with her uncle's spurned client.

Here is a clip from tonight's episode. You can see me at the 0:42 second mark on the far right. This was a fun shoot, and the last time I ever worked on season 3.

86vjHzm.jpg

Ekdrm2d1

Oh my! That was a fantastic episode!

Love the soundtrack, btw. One "hip hop beat" almost got me bangin' my head.

The gun shots in the tunnel sounded great on my 5.1 sound.

Wtf
Dream quest during a heist that is the most convenient way to do it to create tension for job
So daughter finally had her traumatic event and end this rebellious cliche phase
Kinda conflicted by this episode some good parts some stupid parts

Great episode.

Deep Thoughts

-Deva's continued delinquency is still super boring, but her parents beating the stuffing out of everyone was fun. I don't know how I feel about them potentially getting back together though. (And where is Max during all this? He hasn't been seen once this season besides a presumed corpse in his bed.)

-Bunker and Burton only appearing in one short scene each makes me sad. ;_;

-Rebecca starting that schism sooner than I thought. I'm into the potential of the story, but I feel she picked the wrong dudes to align herself with right off the bat.

-The heist was great. The security cam treatment was quite interesting, and mostly successful. The idea of Job putting cameras literally everywhere was a bit transparent/hamfisted though. (Job was looking pretty sexy in his Paws shirt. He's got a great body, they should let him show it off more.) Stowe reminds me of the Terminator.

-Is the barn lady dead? Or was she just knocked out? She was dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom