• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - Season 3 - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? There's obviously a good story to be told. It's the equivalent of walking down the street and seeing a 20 dollar bill on the ground. Why not pick it up? It would only add to the narrative.

It's not like that. Hood's past being mysterious is part of the character. Having the audience know nothing about it makes them concentrate on what drives him in the present and what is making him go forward. If his past was suddenly elaborated upon, it would just be something we'd have seen a billion times before anyway (had a troubled youth, his father beat him, etc.).

It's not like that. Hood's past being mysterious is part of the character. Having the audience know nothing about it makes them concentrate on what drives him in the present and what is making him go forward. If his past was suddenly elaborated upon, it would just be something we'd have seen a billion times before anyway (had a troubled youth, his father beat him, etc.).
Well we already know Hood's dad didn't give a shit about him. We can probably just look at how Deva acts and just crank that up to 11 to figure out Hoods past.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Eh. His past really hasn't been guarded well enough for that. The hints were pretty telling. If that's how they plan on elaborating on his past, fine. It doesn't diminish his character in any way. Again I'm just saying it would be a good story. Like his time in prison etc. As you said, he is who he is in the present anyway. Back story wouldn't take anything away from that.

Zaph

Glad the Chayton business is over. I thought we were going to get another saved by the bell moment and have it continue to the next episode again.

Shame it felt a little anticlimactic, but I guess even the Banshee writers thought Hood winning in hand to hand against Chayton would be too much to believe - especially after Sgt. Terminator took on Hood and the gang while injured. The balance of power just wouldn't make sense.

Speaking of which, ain't no way the entire gang is surviving this season with that guy on their trail. They ain't gonna kill another leading lady, so I fear this might mark the end of our favourite duo :(

Chayton should have been hit by a car when he gave his speech about not being able to be killed by a man. Him jumping off the balcony to be hit by a car would have been funny.

UrbanRats

Chayton should have been hit by a car when he gave his speech about not being able to be killed by a man. Him jumping off the balcony to be hit by a car would have been funny.

tumblr_lv45cimRhT1qci0cso2_500.gif

-
Loved the episode, both fights with Chayton were great, and killing him with a shotgun maintained the power balance.
Also like Burton and Stowe snippets.

Wiktor

Damn...Hood did good in that ring. Perfect mix of fury and smarts that managed to let him go toe to toe with Chayton. But that knife fight was even better. And that kill...jesus fuck, with the dangling eye :D

Did they cut off Burton's equipement ?

Job taking down that boxer was damn good too.

Just finished the 5th episode of this season. Why the fuck they did they kill off the two most beautiful women on the show 2 episodes in a row?

Wiktor

i was expecting the hood / chayton in the ring to be the new MMA fighter fight. just pure brutalness

They're propably saving that for the fight with Terminator :D
I love how much of a little wolverine/honey badget Hood is. He will get shit beat out of him like hell, but he will still crawl, bite, throw stuff. Guy just won't quit.
So Hood vs Terminator showdown will literelly be a fight beween unstoppable force and unmovable object :D

They're propably saving that for the fight with Terminator :D
I love how much of a little wolverine/honey badget Hood is. He will get shit beat out of him like hell, but he will still crawl, bite, throw stuff. Guy just won't quit.
So Hood vs Terminator showdown will literelly be a fight beween unstoppable force and unmovable object :D
I loved Hoods broken bottle stab. I can't wait for Hood vs Stowe, that shit should be brutal. You just know Hoods getting thrown or kicked through something.

Good episode. Although i don't like that they toned down nudity this season.
Headshot was great. Burton doesn't have a penis? Explains why he's so angry. Now Stowe is looking for them, awesome.

UrbanRats

Yeah, and the relationship with Siobhan being a huge point this season, it would've been weird to see him bone somebody else.
You can bet he'll have his moment with the native american cop though.

RS4-

Motherfucking Bunker Buster.

Anyway, like usual, good, fun ep. I wish the season wasn't ending so soon.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Rebecca better not get him in trouble. Burton is the best.

They're gonna have to team up to rescue Kai. :D

Shame it felt a little anticlimactic, but I guess even the Banshee writers thought Hood winning in hand to hand against Chayton would be too much to believe - especially after Sgt. Terminator took on Hood and the gang while injured. The balance of power just wouldn't make sense.

Well put.

Everyone assuming Burton is evirated, but maybe he's just really well endowed.

Nah, you know Rebecca is all about dat life

UrbanRats

Do we even know if Burton is straight? I could see him having a one sided attraction for Kay, for example.
I don't think they ever hinted at anything, one way or the other, so it could be a future development.

Same. :(

I wonder what led to the change.

It's a deliberate change in direction/philosophy for Cinemax. They've talked about toning down the sex on their shows.

I found it funny that Hood and Brock went to the trouble of throwing the body into the water. Why bother to hide the evidence when the streets were magically empty at mid day?

Chuckie

I found it funny that Hood and Brock went to the trouble of throwing the body into the water. Why bother to hide the evidence when the streets were magically empty at mid day?

Uhm....same reason all people try to hide evidence.

Which situation would be worse for Hood:

1. There's a fucking huge dead Indian on the street, the one who had a fight that same day with some guy who stayed at a hotel
2. They might find a decayed body weeks from now downstream.

Which situation would be worse for Hood:

1. There's a fucking huge dead Indian on the street, the one who had a fight that same day with some guy who stayed at a hotel
2. They might find a decayed body weeks from now downstream.
I assume a lot of Chayton will be found in alligator shit.

I guess I was poking fun at the fact that it was unrealistic for the streets to be so completely devoid of people during that long chase sequence. And again there's no one around when Hood blows Chayton's head off. And then, of course, there's no one around when they're dumping the body. I mean if you feel brazen enough to murder someone out in the open, hiding the body is where your self preservation kicks in?

They've been talking about it for a while. Quick Google search shows this article from way back in 2011. More recently (2014), it was alluded to again in articles talking about another Cinemax show. We'll have to see if this trend continues when Strike Back returns for it's last season this summer.

Wiktor

I guess I was poking fun at the fact that it was utterly unrealistic for the streets to be so completely devoid of people during that long chase sequence. And again there's no one around when Hood blows Chayton's head off. And then, of course, there's no one around when they're dumping the body. I mean if feel brazen enough to murder someone out in the open, hiding the body is where your self preservation kicks in?

Wasn't it right after sunrise? With most people still in beds.

I wonder (hope) if this is the beginning of Hood going even darker? He says he has nothing left, which makes me even more excited for his fight with Stowe since the latter believes he's gone soft.

And Chayton goading Hood about killing Siobhan. Dick.

Speaking of Siobhan, even though there are 2 episodes left, I'm still afraid that her death will have only be used as revenge fuel for Hood v. Chayton. But again, two more episodes, I really hope I'm wrong.

The best thing about Job's boxing scene wasn't the clothes, but the way he got in and out of the ring.

And Sugar. "Where would we be without women to fuck us up?" is right on the nose with all these dudes.

With shooting moving to Pittsburgh do we think show itself will move somewhere? I am not really sure. Yes, it's called Banshee, but shooting location change will be distracting if they stay in Banshee.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Her uselessly shooting at the car was hilarious.

And then when she turned around and saw all of her family and old friends watching....yeesh.

They've been talking about it for a while. Quick Google search shows this article from way back in 2011. More recently (2014), it was alluded to again in articles talking about another Cinemax show. We'll have to see if this trend continues when Strike Back returns for it's last season this summer.

thx

The best thing about Job's boxing scene wasn't the clothes, but the way he got in and out of the ring.

YES

With shooting moving to Pittsburgh do we think show itself will move somewhere? I am not really sure. Yes, it's called Banshee, but shooting location change will be distracting if they stay in Banshee.

Nah, it'll stay in Banshee.

Zaph

If that Cinemax nudity thing is true, I wonder if it's partially down to talent acquisition? With more and more big names showing willingness to do TV (especially if it's short run or anthology), their casting net could significantly widen if nudity was off the table.

If I like this show, will I like Strike Back?

doesn't hurt to check out the 2 parter premiere in india. It's the best die hard film since 3.

And another dope episode. Season 3 might even be better than the first, gonna have to think about that. Wish the chayton finale stayed in the cemetery though, those claustrophobic chase shots were cool.

Holy shit, I just found out some of Banshees filming was done in one of the cities I live in.

Dammit and now they're moving to Pittsburgh?

Hey GAF member who's on the show, shoot me a PM.

Here's a more direct source (from 2013) on the change in direction that Cinemax has been looking at.

“The hope is that I don’t hear ‘Skinemax’ any time after our original programming — what I’ll call the primetime originals — start to really take over the (lineup),” said Michael Lombardo, HBO’s president of programming.

Great episode.

- The multiple battles that Chayton and Hood got into were great. The knife fight turning into the chase was fantastic. Loved how Hood finally finished Littlestone.

- I coulda done with the Kai/Rebecca plot this episode, but at least it gave us more insight into Burton. That dude's about ready to let loose. Poor Kai though. Just when he's in with his family again, it all goes to shit. And man. Fuck Rebecca.

- Sugar/Job was great.

- STOWEMINATOR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom