• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - Season 3 - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.
The angles they used for the cover cams were a bit much, but I don't think I've seen a heist done from found footage/POV shots before so that was pretty interesting. Having the shootout spill into the tunnel for that extra kick to the sound mix was especially smart.

Deva's storyline is smhlol Brody's daughter Homeland territory. nobody caaaaaaaaaaaaaaares.

xrnzaaas

Nice episode this week. I enjoyed the big one and also the family intervention. :)

PS. I want one:

ENZnjq4.jpg

Stowe was goddamn unstoppable. Shooting him did nothing, fighting three on one was useless, in the end you can only drive away real fast.
He got shot like three times with a shotgun, even got his head thrown into some pipes I think, caught in that explosion, didn't do shit. Just ended up grabbing Hood horror movie style when he got up that ladder. Then he just came up and straight tossed their asses around. I just straight laughed at them, you can tell they weren't expecting Stowe to fucking turn up with CQC on The Boss' level. Even when he got kicked out the van he bounced back up and started shooting at them. Too bad he didn't go after the van on foot too, would've been the perfect way to complete that Terminator vibe.

Wiktor

Incredible episode. The cameras worked so well. It felt raw, but never confusing.
This season is pounding me into the ground. Unless the next three eps completely fall apart this will easily topple S1 for me. Great to see the show recover after dissapointing S2.

UrbanRats

Terminator Stowe was pretty good, and the heist too.
I like how they just throw new ideas in without giving a shit of keeping the stylistic choices consistent throughout too much.. makes for a weird show, but sometimes it works out.
It seems like they got rid of, or at least toned down the shitty jumpcut editing, for example.

The lady in the barn, up for a good Darwin Award, why wouldn't call the police and an ambulance if a dude that got shot and tried to jump you is unconscious in your barn? Happy they went that route, instead of doing the nurse bullshit thing, Chayton isn't a puppy in need of understanding.

As for the Deva plotline.. not sure where they're even going with it, but the fight scene was fun, so whatever.

Amazing episode.
Awesome heist with cameras and first person view. Carrie and Gordon kicking teenagers asses. Stowe is so badass. How he fought against three of them in the van.
Next week is New Orleans and PREVIEW
Hood vs Chayton
. Episode was filmed in New Orleans too. When they said that Banshee will be filmed in New Orleans we assumed it's season 4, but season 4 is going to be filmed in Pittsburgh and episode 8 of season 3 in New Orleans.

It's interesting to see how they're tying the filming location changes into the plot. They were filming in North Carolina, but that state recently took away its tax incentives in favor of a grant program, so people are moving on.

Tokubetsu

Top 3 Banshee episode last night there. Even without the heist the character moments were great. Loved the stinger at the end too. Adore the way Banshee shows inner conflict/turmoil.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Great episode! This season's fucking awesome.

One thing though...they need to stop showing Siobhan. Hate it when shows do this. Let her death mean something. It feels like she didn't even die because Hood keeps bloody seeing her everywhere. They need to stop this Lost crap they've got going here in regards to that.

Other than that, perfect season so far.

Ducarmel

Is this season better then last season, the only thing I liked about last season was every scene with Proctor in it, everything else was meh imo.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Excellent episode last night. Loved the found footage/security camera gimmick. Really put a unique spin on such a well tread storyline.

Is this season better then last season, the only thing I liked about last season was every scene with Proctor in it, everything else was meh imo.

it's streets ahead dawg

ed_fusion

Banned
I love this show so much..

I hate to say it, but i think i want to see Chayton get put down....and I think hood is going end him in a most epic manner...

Terminator Army Guy is a real problem now...

UrbanRats

I wonder where they're going with the Rebecca/Burton dynamic.
Are they setting them up against each other or as future buddies/lovers? I thought the latter was a given a couple of weeks ago, but the last scene makes me dubious, Burton is pretty loyal to Proctor after all (whether by will or conditioning).

I wonder where they're going with the Rebecca/Burton dynamic.
Are they setting them up against each other or as future buddies/lovers? I thought the latter was a given a couple of weeks ago, but the last scene makes me dubious, Burton is pretty loyal to Proctor after all (whether by will or conditioning).
I think Burton has become more "accepting" of Rebecca, but he's not going to allow her to kill Proctor so I think he's watching her to make sure she doesn't get too out of hand. If he was loyal to her I think he would've spoken up to Proctor when he chastised her but he kept his mouth shut. I guess to make it short, he's welcomed her to the fold, but he still knows who butters his bread.

wow i feel like my intelligence was insulted after watching that women tried to save Chayton. After he tried to take her hostage. Seriously? and then she died...

otherwise, OK episode.

UrbanRats

wow i feel like my intelligence was insulted after watching that women tried to save Chayton. After he tried to take her hostage. Seriously? and then she died...

otherwise, OK episode.

I bet her husband and kid probably died because of her idiocy, too.
Like she mistook cyanide for sugar, or something.

Wiktor

Oh come on. Are you really gonna tell me you didn't like this:
screen-shot-2014-02-07-at-11-06-37-pm.png

?

But yeah, this season is ten times better than S2

Great episode! This season's fucking awesome.

One thing though...they need to stop showing Siobhan. Hate it when shows do this. Let her death mean something. It feels like she didn't even die because Hood keeps bloody seeing her everywhere. They need to stop this Lost crap they've got going here in regards to that.

Other than that, perfect season so far.

I love that. One I need more Trieste on my screen, the other is that it really fits Hood's and Chayton's state of my mind. How haunted Hood is.

This lady helping Chayton is retarded.

Deva's entire storyline is just so fucking awful. It makes me wanna hit my head in the wall but at least it gave us the scene of Deva's parents kicking ass.

Fucking finally. There's Gordan DA BOSS.

I was hoping Deva would walk in on her parents "reconciling".

Lol, Rebecca trolling Burton with the car.

Every scene with Chayton and the widow is so dumb.

God, widowed lady, you are so stupid.

Heist time, bitches! Slo mo walk!

Sojgat

Another great episode.

The heist was amazingly well done. All the POV stuff was surprisingly cool, and really added to the tension.

Stowe is a fucking terminator.

Edit:

Oh my God, Stowe is the fucking Terminator.

Man, that heist scene was awesome and audacious as fuck.

LOL, I didn't see your post.

Incredible episode.

Loved the heist, the use of different camera angles, the grainy footage with added first person view, which in itself was bloody fantastic.

Stowe - goddamn.Dude took four direct shotgun blasts at close range, a bomb blast and he was still able to get up into the truck and own everyone? Jesus Christ. Chayton just just got knocked down the unstoppable force ladder...

A Burton/Stowe fight would be incredible.

Speaking of Chayton, real dick move to kill that guy and the lady, but I did like his seeign Siobhan. A sliver of guilt/regret over killing her perhaps? Knowing he kicked up a hornet's nest that he can't come back from?

Hood in that beast training mode. That tree took a damn beating, I can't wait to see that power vented on Chayton.

Gordon with those elite skills. Where the hell was this guy for two damn seasons? He should have shown those skills so much sooner, but it's nice to see him finally developing.

Also glad the Deva arc was quickly shut-down. Wasn't feeling it, but I just know that's not the last we've seen of that guy.

Hood/Brock road trip!!! Next week is going to be amazing.

I was screaming at the barn lady when they cut to her playing nurse. I mean c'mon.

Yeah, she really should have called the cops. Taking care of him...she just didn't know what he was letting herself in for.

We need of a gif of Chayton storming out to impale that guy though, that shit was intimidating as fuck.

Klocker

About Stowe and the shotgun blasts... Either his body armor caught all of the blasts or I was thinking what the hell... Salt pellets?

Too unreal but fun scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom